OtakuBoards

The Chosen Eight

konske

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ai rolled her eyes and smiled.
"Amature."
She ran quickly and jumped off the cliff much like Manny had done, the only diffrence was that she was not falling at a breakneck speed, she was drifting like a feather, riding the wind under her feet. She landed softly infront and Manny and smiled as he frowned at her.
"Show off."
She laughed and patted him on the shoulder.
"It's the wind, it works slightly better."
He turned around and sat under a tree waiting for the others, Ai did the same and soon got bored, it was not long after that that the leaves at their feet began to shift as she made a small twister at her feet, Manny watched as she made it bigger and small at her will, he joined in by sending a bolt of lighting into it making it spark as it spun.
"Cool."
Ai made it spin faster and faster till the lighting shot out and caught her hand.
"Whoa!"
She laughed and looked at Manny.
"That was fun."[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Sanagi watched as both Manny and Ai jumped off the edge and disappear from sight. She walked over to the edge of the cliff and she could see them using their powers to make themselves at the bottom of the mountain. Sangai looked back over at Riiko and Natin and gave them a smile.
[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]"Do you two want a ride down to the bottom? I can give you guys both a lift,"[/B][/COLOR] said Sanagi as she walked up to them.
[B][COLOR="darkred"]"That would be great. Thanks for the offer,"[/COLOR][/B] said Riiko.
[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Yeah, I think that it will be easier for me to get down instead of walking all the way down again,"[/B][/COLOR] said Natin.
[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Alright. Stand next to me and I will be your ticket on the way down."[/B][/COLOR] Sanagi knelt down as the two came and stood beside her. She put her hands on the ground as if by slamming them and moved the ground. The circle that surrounded them moved them all the way to the edge of the cliff and then down. [COLOR="darkred"][B]"Now hold on tight. It's gonna be very fast!"[/B][/COLOR] Sanagi yelled as they suddenly started gaining speed down the cliff as they went over the edge. There were surprisingly no screaming but everyone could feel the whisping wind in their faces as the suddenly made the way down.
They finally made the way to the bottom and the earth slowed down to finally a stop. Everyone walked from the earth they were originally standing on and walked over to where Ai and Manny was.
Sanagi stood up, dusted her dress off, and walked over to Manny and sat down next to him.
[COLOR="darkred"][B]"You're good at moving the earth. I'm impressed,"[/B][/COLOR] he said as he turned to her and gave her a smile.
[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Eh, it's no big deal. I just thought of moving the earth and then moving it down the cliff,"[/B][/COLOR] Sanagi said as she looked to the sky.[/FONT]

Manny looked to his right and sees Ai. He then turns to his left and sees Sanagi. He lets out a big sigh as both girls turn and look at him. He falls back, hitting his head on a root that is sticking out of the ground.

"Ow, ow ow ow! That really hurt." He rubbs the back of his head as he closes one eye. He then looks up and watches the clouds pass through the leaves in the tree. He smiles as something red catches his eye.

"Hey, I didnt know that this was an apple tree." He stands up then looks at his hand. He smiles and points a finger at the apple that is near the top. In the blink of an eye, a bolt of electricity shoots from his finger and hits the apple. As it falls, Manny watches it burn.

"I think you cooked it a little much there don't you think?" Ai said, watching the smoke pour off the now black apple.

Manny smiles sheepishly and then turns to Sanagi who is holding another apple. "You, know, its better to look around first. There was an apple right there." She points to a low hanging limb that is about neck high.

Manny smiles and takes the apple. He takes a bite of if then spits it out. "That is not an apple. I dont know what that is, but its not an apple." He spits a little more out then throws the apple inot the nearby bushes. "What did you give me anyway?" Ai giggles behind him as he looks at Sanagi with one eye closed.

"I guess it serves you right? You did burn the first one you went after without thinking." Ai said, walking next to him.

"Aw, man. Do I ever get a break around here?" Manny sits down with his legs crossed. He makes a humph sound and then turns with his back twards the two girls.

"Stupid, paranoid, delusional." Nero continued to randomly badmouth the group as he made his way slowly down the mountain. "What' wrong with the top of the mountain?" he asked no one in particular. "Besides it's night now, it's a miracle none of them hit something in the dark." he mumbled jumping down a ledge. "We're more likely to be attacked by wolves or whatever at the base of the mountain anyway." he chuckled as he eventually made it to the bottom with the rest of the group. "Alright mister weird, vague, and non-sense." Nero called Isa out "Now we're at the bottom of the damn hill, I hope you're happy." He looked through the group.

"OK did any of you stop and think about the situation?" He glared at everyone in turn "I mean come on! We still have no idea what we are doing or where we're going. We know buddy over here is the one who somehow knows even less about what's going on, that's it!" he gestured to Natin. Everyone in the group exchanged glances. "So if you don't mind Mr. non-sense? Nero focussed on Isa again ?I suggest we all sit down for a while and decide where we're going, before we decide how much haste we should get there with. Besides, its not safe for the rest of you if we plan on wondering around all night, with nowhere specific to go. We should probably make camp or something."

Riiko listened to what Nero had to say and replied, [COLOR="Magenta"]"You do have a point there but what the original eight had said was that we needed to defeat someone that was there previously and has returned."
"Yeah, you are right but who is this person that we are supposed to look for and how to we knew what she/ he looks like?"[/COLOR] asked Kailo after getting down the mountain worrying about her dress problem.
[COLOR="magenta"]"We may or may not know unless we see them or we get a tip off from them. All that I can say is that there may be some things that will occur and help us-"[/COLOR] said Manny and then was cut off.

[COLOR="magenta"]"But how in the world do we know who he is? We don't even know his name!" [/COLOR]said Sanagi starting to get pissed.
[COLOR="magenta"]"Calm down, Sanagi and look at the big picture. We were all chosen by the originals long ago and we are here now to finish was they let undone,"[/COLOR] said Riiko.
[COLOR="magenta"]"But how in the hell are we supposed to know what that is?!"[/COLOR] said Ai.
[COLOR="magenta"]"I honestly don't know. Let's go with Nero's idea and set up camp and rest for awhile before we keep moving. That way we can talk about what to do alright?"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="magenta"]
"Fine," [/COLOR]said Sanagi.
[COLOR="magenta"]"Alright," [/COLOR]said Natin.

[color=royalblue]"Well, Isa," Selenia replied, "I suppose they'll eventually..."
Selenia was cut off by the sound of a thud. Manny had run straight off the cliff, jumped down the whole mountain, and landed at the bottom. After a while, Ai did the same thing, and some of the others headed down as well. Selenia and Isa stared at Manny and Ai, especially, not knowing whether to call them showoffs or just very eager to start an adventure. And then of course, there was Sanagi giving Riiko and Natin a ride down the mountain, which reminded Selenia of a landslide. Having control over earth, thuder, and wind seemed to help in going down mountains--what did that make the others, then?

Selenia and Isa made their way down the mountain together, Selenia leading the slightly-less-frightened-than-before Yuna down with them. Soon enough, they came to a stop at the base of an apple tree, where Manny burned an apple by striking it with a thuderbolt. While Selenia proceed to fetch an apple by cutting it down with her sword, Nero started talking, almost yelling, to Isa...
"Alright mister weird, vague, and non-sense. Now we're at the bottom of the damn hill, I hope you're happy."
"Come on, Nero, it was a figure of speech," Selenia commented in a playful tone as she caught the apple. Then she walked away from the tree and sat on a nearby rock, basking in the moonlight, the crystal blade of Eca glowing with its magical illumination.

Selenia then listened to some talk about the possibility of camping out for the night, and some uncertainty as to where to go the following day, and what goals had to be set. What enemy were they facing? How would they know where to look for this enemy? Selenia thought about these questions as they were voiced, but while Ai, Sanagi, and Kailo seemed to get into an intense argument about this, Selenia looked at the situation rather calmly. It was a mystery, but Selenia had an idea about what to do...

"Well then," Selenia announced to the group, as a gentle introduction she often did before a speech. "I, too, think it would be a good idea to set up camp at this point. Right here seems like a cozy spot, and we certainly won't have to worry about food. Then we can ease into the night, get to know each other a bit better... After all, when traveling, it is a good idea to be a little familiar with who you are traveling with. Now, as for the journey itself... It is true that not much is known about the enemy we are facing, but that shouldn't be a reason to sit around and do nothing. Rather, it gives us a chance to be free, to do what we want. Perhaps we can explore the land a bit, look for clues and such, become a bit more familiar with our powers... Soon enough, information about this enemy will come to us. We just have to be a little patient. But let's set up camp so we can rest for the night, shall we?"

Whatever the decision was, Selenia then ventured out to the nearby river (somehow she could sense where it was), and soon after returned holding her cauldron, which was filled with water. It seemed to be enough water for one small glass per person. That is, if anyone brought glasses... Well, Selenia did have two empty bottles in her bag and took those out in case people wanted to use them... She usually used these for storing potion ingredients, but she always cleaned them when they were empty, and then were just... bottles... until she put ingredients in them again.[/color]

Manny scaned the area as the sun was fadding under the horizon. He smiled and then turned back to everyone. "So, now what? Lets see, proper introductions? No, thats lame. Damn, what the hell am I supposed to say?" He closed his eyes and started to think as everything started to get dark.

A fire was started in the middle of the group and everyone was talking amongst themselves, well sorta. Except for the few who prefered to be alone and to not really talk to anyone.

Manny stood up and walked over to Nero. He sat down next to him and his face got a little serious. "Listen, don't make it obvious, but look around, tell me, do you see anything waiting in the shaddows?"

Nero slowly scanned the area. "Yeah, between twenty and twenty five people are out there. What do you think we should do about it?" He turned to Manny, then started scanning the area to make sure none of the people started to come any closer.

"Leave it to me." Manny stood up and then walked next to the fire. "Listen up everyone, I need you to all move away from the tree, right now." Slowly, everyone got up and walked to the other side of the fire, away form the tree.

"Whats going on?" Sanagi asked, a littel annoyed.

Slowly, Manny cleched his fist as sparks and waves of electricirty started to flow off of it. He opened his fist as a ball of electricity formed, it being the size of a basketball. He raised it over his head and then threw it at the tree. In an instant, there was an explosion and then the tree started to go up in a blaze, lighting the entire area.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Is there seriously something wrong with your head?" Sanagi asked, walking up to him, her hands clenched into fists.

"That was a little uncalled for, don't you think. We all know what you can do. You don't need to show off anymore." Ai commented, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Say what you all will. But none of us besides Nero can see in the dark. The only way I could tell anything was that I felt the electric pulses from the heart beats. Look around, we have company." He smiled as he turned and started looking at all of the men that were now visable due to the burning tree.

"So, it looks like the one that doesn't like us that much has sent a little bit of a welcome party to test us or something. We can't just let the introduction go to waste can we?" Isa stated, forming a circle with the rest of the group.

"Well, lets just have a little fun with these guys." Manny said, pulling his sword out as it started sparking with electricity. He smirked as he started to walk twards the nearest person.

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Sanagi watched as Manny sparked the tree and saw it go up into flames. She also so a few men come out from the tree and everyone getting into a fighting stance. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]"It seems that the welcoming party has finaly arrived. Let's get started,"[/B][/COLOR] Sanagi said as she grabbed a few kunai and shuriken from out of what seemed like nowhere and started walked up to the men.[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Do you bastards know how much pain that you are all going to be in? If not, then let me show you all."[/B][/COLOR]

Sanagi bolted towards one of the men and started by throwing a few kunai at him which he dogded and followed after her. She kept throwing kunai until she was few distance away from the others but far enough to still see. When it was just her and the man just facing off, she put away the kunai and shuriken and pulled out her parasol which she had fastened to tie on her back. The man looked at her in confusion.

[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Do you think that you can flatter me? Well, I best think you fucking think again!"[/B][/COLOR] yelled the man as he ran toward her.
She pulled out the hidden sword from its sheath in the parasol and quickly put the parasol sheath back onto her back and charged at the man. The man was in complete shock of what she drew but he was going to fast to stop and Sanagi was approaching at him faster and faster. Inch by inch until she finally met up with him and she sliced him right down the middle.

The sound of her sword tearing through the flesh and the screams of the man were what filled the silent night. She didn't cut him for the wound to be life threatening but enough to at least loose a decent amount of blood. She walked up to the man, knelt down and grabbed him by the collar staring deeply into his eyes with cold eyes.
[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Why are you here?"[/B][/COLOR] she asked sternly.
[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Pfft. Like I'm gonna tell a bitch like you! Just kill me! I don't care!"[/B][/COLOR] he yelled at her.
[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Look here you damn ass punk! I'm the one asking the questions so just fucking anwer them dammit!"[/B][/COLOR] she was getting pissed at him and almost ready to punch him when Riiko came over to calm her down.
[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Please, stop it Sanagi. Can't you see that he's already insane?"[/B][/COLOR] she pleaded.

Sanagi dropped the man and stood up. She turned away from the man and bowed her head and whispered, [COLOR="darkred"][B]"If you know what's good for your life and your group's life, you will answer my question."[/B][/COLOR]
Silenced filled the night once again as she waited the man's answer.[/FONT]

OOC: Don't worry--Kailo won't be forgotten. In fact, she'll play quite a role in this post...

To clarify things a bit:
Yuna = Selenia's horse
Eca = Selenia's sword (since the other Eca is gone)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[color=royalblue]The burning tree caused the white horse named Yuna to whinny loudly and run away from the fire. However, she didn't get too far before she approached one of the men in the shadows. She skidded to a stop and whinnied again when she was within inches of hitting one of them, standing on her rear legs and waving her front legs in fright. Then she took a few steps backward and landed on all fours again. ...Bad move. For the man then jumped right onto Yuna's back, positioned himself on the furry blue saddle, and tried to direct Yuna away from the tree. Wait--direct her [i]away[/i] from the tree? That was easy--the man didn't need any reins or anything to do so. Yuna started running away from the tree, man still on her back, jumping over another man as she went.

"Oi! Yuna!" Selenia called yet again as she noticed the horse's escape. Leaving her bag and water-filled cauldron behind, she ran after Yuna, jumping over the same man that Yuna did. There she goes again, chasing after her horse... This time though, it was different. This time, the ground was level and grassy, and there was a man riding Yuna. This made it more difficult to run after Yuna, who was now going almost full speed into the darkness. Yuna got further and further away from Selenia as she ran, but at least Selenia could still see her white body in the moonlight. Yet how would that help? The man was about to steal Yuna away...

After a while, the man tied Yuna to a smaller tree, then started running in the other direction, towards the others. Selenia crouched down and put her head down, so as to (hopefully) avoid being seen. It worked--after a while the man ran right back to the group gathered around the fire.

"Yuna!" Selenia whispered loudly as she approached the tethered horse, who was struggling to get free. Then she petted her until she calmed down a little bit.
"I know, I know how frightened you are... But it's all right--you know I never intend to leave you."
The two stood there for a while, looking in the direction of the fight that was taking place. Selenia really wasn't in the mood for fighting, or at least not a few minutes ago. As time went by, Selenia felt like she was abandoning the others by not helping them out. Maybe it was guilt, or maybe it was energy--caused by both running so fast and so far, and by the fact that the moon was nearly full. A fuller moon usually meant a higher overall energy level for her, so why not use it?

Selenia thought about mounting Yuna and riding her back to the tree, but after a while she decided that was not a good idea. So instead she decided to leave her there with the tree. She wasn't too far away from the scene of the fight, so Selenia could see her if she was in danger. It was a clear night, so no clouds would stop the moonlight from shining on the white horse. Anyways, speaking of danger, Selenia took out her sword, holding it up to the moonlight for a while. Then she started drawing a circle in the ground around Yuna and the tree with the tip of the blade, an act that supposedly offered protection. Maybe it would, due to Selenia's connection to lunar magic.

With a final reassurance for Yuna, Selenia ran back to the tree on fire, stopping short of a few men facing the tree. On the other side of one of them was Kailo, who was forming some sort of small energy ball with her staff. Then, without warning, she fired the little fireball-thingy at the man, hitting him on the right side of his chest. But it didn't stop there--it burned right through the man's body, and then headed straight for what was behind it: Selenia's sword. Selenia didn't have any time to react to this--the concentrated fireball made contact with the crystal blade...

...And vanished. Somehow the fireball that could burn through anything couldn't burn through Eca...

When Selenia looked at what had happened, she saw a small puff of steam erupt from the surface of the blade. Wait--steam, not smoke? Apparently the sword had been charged with the very essence of water--that seemed to be the only way how it could negate the effect of such fire magic. Why was it infused with such a power? Maybe it had to do with a special bond with Selenia, reincarnation of water, or maybe even the fact that Selenia recently named the sword Eca. Maybe this was even one of the abilities that Eca transfered to her in that little energy orb! For this ability certainly didn't exist yesterday...

Selenia wasn't able to keep the sword named Eca away from Kailo's little "fire spell", but she was able to jump to the side when the man nearly fell backwards on top of her. After that, Kailo looked at Selenia, an irritated expression on her face. Apparently she was upset at the burning of the apple tree, for Selenia had glimpsed her reaching for an apple a while back. Then, Kailo looked at Selenia again, and gasped in surprise. Apparently she wasn't irritated enough to be officially "angry".
"Oh! Selenia! I thought you were one of them for a second! Did I hit you?" she asked. "You know, with the..."
"You got my sword," Selenia said rather calmly to Kailo, holding the blade of Eca out to inspect it a bit, "but didn't damage it. You're lucky my element is Water."
"...Well, I..."
Kailo barely got the chance to say anything else before she was attacked by one of the men. Then she fought back with a combination of fire and hand-to-hand combat, both of which she was quite skilled with. Still, she was too busy to talk to Selenia any more, although she occasionally glanced her way.

Selenia soon met the same fate--one of the men started to approach her. Instinctively, she lashed her sword out at him, but she did this too soon and missed. ...Or did she? Instead of the blade itself, a semicircular wave of lunar energy struck the man, knocking him backward onto the ground. Selenia thought she had seen Eca do something like this before, but not often enough for her to get completely used to it. Anyways, after this little act by the sword, Selenia turned around to see Isa standing there. Immediately she got an idea.

"Hey Isa..." Selenia called rather uncertainly to him, "...do you think you could help me out for a little bit?"
"Erm... Okay," Isa replied with a shrug, turning towards her. "How, exactly?"
"I'm going to summon some water here... when I pull my smaller knife out, that's your signal to freeze it. That okay?"
"Ice, the perfect partner to water," Isa commented. Did he answer every question anyone threw at him with such intensity, such style? What's more, did he seem to add a special intensity to everything he said to [i]Selenia[/i]?

All was ready. Resheathing Eca, Selenia turned towards her little cauldron, which was still full of water. But the water didn't stay in the cauldron--it magically floated right out of the cauldron, and materialised into a wavy, columnar shape. Selenia moved this watery mass to three of the other men (including the one Kailo struck and the one Yuna jumped over), using her right hand to guide it along. Was she using telekinesis, perhaps? "Hydrokinesis", more like it...

Selenia then turned this wavy column of water sideways and broke it up into twelve apricot-sized droplets. Then she morphed each droplet until they all became pointy. Isa kept a close eye on what Selenia did, mildly surprised at some of it, waiting for her signal...

The second the droplets became pointy, Selenia pulled out her silver knife. As soon as she did that, the twelve large droplets turned to ice, all thanks to Isa. Selenia could still keep these icy spikes floating in the air, but not for long. She used the last bit of this weaker control to send the spikes flying at the three men, four per man. Unfortunately, two spikes missed, and one hit the exact spot where Kailo's concentrated fireball hit, but the others caused quite a bit of pain a while after impact...[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Isa smiled, nodding to Selenia as he produced a vial in each hand from his coat. "This may prove interesting after all," he said, unstopping both and, with a swift motion, made two icy daggers of considerable size.

However, the liquid constituting the weapons seemed entirely other than water. Isa ran towards one of the men, dodging a sword-swing as he thrust one of the icy daggers into the assailant's arm. The incision was neat, despite the seemingly makeshift quality of the weapon, and the man's arm went limp almost instantly.

Though discouraging, the use of one arm wouldn't seriously hinder the man. However, as a tingling sensation crept up his arm into the rest of his body, he realized very soon that this was not a fight he'd walk away from. Even in the dark, the panic was instantly recognizable - marked not by a cry of pain, but a cry of helplessness as the stranger crumpled to the ground, paralyzed.

Isa leapt out of the way as two swords arced clumsily towards him, neither finding any purchase. He turned to Selenia again, retracting the ice once more into one of the vials, and fishing through his coat for another.

"Was that..." Selenia began, parrying a blow.

"Poison," said Isa, impassively, as he drew out a glowing yellow liquid. He thrust the vial at one of his assailants, who tried to bat it away before it cracked open on his face. What came next was undoubtedly unpleasant, and accompanied by spirited and frenzied screams. Isa had little time to contemplate the effects of the phosphorous compound before another sword swung deftly at his head - too short, but not by much. It was hard to judge distance in this darkness, but the assailants were untrained, and their swordsmanship most certainly could have used more practice. Most likely, these were hired thugs, and not a sizable threat.

However, this very clearly communicated something to Isa as he stabbed another stranger with a vial of poison that would likely have the victim writhing in serpentine pain for hours, until it finally reached his heart and killed him. (It was a new recipe, and the agony might actually give way to death at any moment. Frankly, as long as the heart stopped, given the circumstance, it wouldn't matter much how long the pain continued.) Someone wanted them dead.

As the scream of agony and the rustle of a body convulsing in the dry grass subsided, Isa decided that they knew little about the group's capabilities, and would most likely pose little threat at all. Perhaps he'd make them pay him back for the reagents he'd used to craft his poisons.

"How many more do you see, Selenia?" Isa asked, turning his eyes to hers. "We should wrap this up quickly if we intend to find a resting place tonight."

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Ai smiled wickedly and reached on her back where a oddly shaped cloth hung, she grabbed it firmly and yanked it from her back making the cloth fly off to show a deadly looking scythe, she heard one of the others whistle as she swung it expertly slicing a few trees in half as well as a few of the enemies they were fighting. She ran forward carrying the the scythe as if it weighed nothing she jumped high into the air and landed in the middle of a large group of men, swinging the scythe she sent them flying with a giant burst of wind, laughing as one of them hit another away from Manny she gave him a quick wink and ran off in the direction of more battle, she swung the scythe again and this time a large wind blade formed from it and flew forward making a path for her to run; she ran forward and began to fight off at least four guys at once, she was doing well when an arrow found it's way into her leg, she growled and yanked it out. With her leg injured her speed would suffer. Spinning she took out the men she was fighting with ease, the heavy scythe making short work of them. She planted it into the ground and jumped into the trees unsheathing the swords on her back and began to jump from tree to tree dispatching the archers that were hiding there, slowly she began to feel the effect of a small poison flow through her blood stream, she stood up and yelled down at the others.
"Don't let them shoot you with their arrows, the tips are poisoned."
She went back to work finding and killing the archers till she was sure there were none, by the time she made it back to the ground the others had taken care of all the others which was good team work on their part. She walked over and grabbed the scythe and began to clean it off with the grass, once clean she wrapped it back up with the cloth and placed on the small hooks on her back with ease. She looked at her leg and winced as she could see the skin color turning green around the wound, taking the cloth she ripped a small piece and tied it off around the wound to hide it from the others hopeing no one had noticed, the last thing she needed them to think was that she was weak.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Though the melee continued, Isa paused a moment when he heard Ai's voice rain down from the sky, "Don't let them shoot you with their arrows, the tips are poisoned!"

An arrow buzzed swiftly by Isa, missing him by a hair's breadth. It struck a rock behind him, making a pathetic sound before dropping harmlessly to the ground. Isa snatched it up, moving quickly through the trees and searching for the archers. He heard the eventual sounds of swift, merciless death as Ai quickly gutted several of them, riding on the winds that presumably defined her choosing.

Isa heard a heavy thump as an archer fell nearby. He sped over to the fallen stranger, eagerly snatching up his quiver. He placed the felled arrow inside, waiting for the next body to fall.

Another scream, another rush of a body through branches, and another set of arrows for Isa. This continued for some time before the sounds of battle died, and the dark host seemed to flee. That is, what few were left. Isa, by then, had two quivers full to the brim with poisoned arrows. He rushed to regroup with the others.

• 2 weeks later...
[color=royalblue]Unfortunately, someone [i]had[/i] seen Ai's wound, but fortunately, that someone was quite possibly the one who was least likely to laugh at her or call her weak. Ai happened to be standing not too far from Selenia after being hit by the poisoned arrow, and the two exchanged short glances after Ai "bandaged" the wound. Ai's glance was more of a dirty one, while Selenia's was more of a blank one. After a while though, Selenia shook her head and held her finger in front of her lips.

Selenia was just about to reach for her bag when an arrow whooshed past her, barely missing the top of her head. Startled, Selenia jumped back up, took out her little silver knife, and ran towards the very last archer--the one who attacked her--slipping right by him with almost unnatural speed. The archer then noticed someone was behind him, and turned around with an arrow out, prepared to stab Selenia with it. (Shooting it was useless, as Selenia was close enough anyways.) Immediately Selenia ducked and slipped between his legs, again narrowly missing the arrow. The archer hardly had time to turn around again before Selenia stood up and slashed her knife across his throat.

While the archer fell backward and peace was finally restored to the group, Selenia just sat there for a while, holding the bloody knife in her outstretched arm. Slowly she started to get back up, looking at the knife as she did.
"Favre-shiwali, you seem to be destined for such evil purposes."
After that, Selenia ran (yet again--how much running has she done so far tonight?) off into the darkness, in the direction of the not-too-far-away river.

And a few minutes later, Selenia was back with the group, Yuna standing a short didtance away from the still-burning tree. An orb made of water hovered in the air next to her, and soon entered her little cauldron. Selenia was also holding a bottle in her hand, which contained a syrupy fluid that was as blue as the midday sky. Selenia walked over to Ai without a word to the rest of the group, and sat down next to her.
"I've found this to be able to cure most poisons," Selenia whispered to Ai, indicating the substance in the bottle. "The sooner it's rubbed on that wound of yours, the better the result..."
Ai stared at Selenia, the same dirty look on her face. Nobody was supposed to find out about that!
"...Oh, and it doesn't sting either," Selenia added, thinking that that was the reason for Ai's stare. (But it wasn't.)[/color]

OOC: I'm completely unsure how Ai would react to what Selenia did, so I'm leaving that up to you, Knuckles' Girl.

Isa stood gazing at the fire, smiling grimly at the day's bounty. He hefted the two quivers slung across his back, almost as a form of reassuring himself they were there. A cold silence swept over the group as each member silently brooded over the next course of action.

Isa finally broke the silence, clearing his throat as he produced an arrow from one of his quivers and stepping forward. "It's very clear, now, that we're facing a persistent and potentially dangerous enemy. However, the less we know, the less we can prepare for the next time they attack. I propose we find the next town with a decent apothecary and have them analyze the poison on these arrows - to see if we can track them down by their venom alone." He stepped back, as gingerly as he had entered.

As the group considered the alternatives aloud, some arguments heated, and others docile, Isa kept his eye on Selenia, his cold stare flickering gently in the firelight. She seemed absorbed in conversation with the chosen of the air, though the discourse seemed unfriendly at best. Though, try as he might, he couldn't help but gape at the lithe figure that had just minutes ago stood at his side, fighting off hordes of the unknown foe. A capable body and an able mind, not to mention...

"Beautiful," Isa said, unbidden. The sudden noise from Isa drew looks of confusion from those closest to him in the circle, but nothing more. One meeting with Isa's eye was all the warning they needed not to press the issue. He withdrew into his cloak, eyes lit by the campfire's flicker as he eased his way away from the crowd and into the woods surrounding the camp.

For here it was that nature offered up its beauty for his contemplation, in the still-dawning night under the watchful orb of the moon. Cold winds drifted through the trees, like lost spirits in the dark, whispering tales from the north, distant sounds that are largely ignored by those who do not heed them. A howl and the rich rustling of leaves seemed to wash over Isa like waves of rejuvenation, for this is the life of the wilderness, the life of the lonely. Yet, even though his mind was clear, it still contained the gentle, unassuming face of Selenia, borne - as it were - on the distant tides of his mind.

Try as he might, the image remained, constant and unyielding like the glaciers of the northern seas.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ai nodded and took the bottle and walked away from the group, hearing the talk was something that she could do without. She was social but to an extent. She sat down not to far away so she could hear but far enough so she could have some solitude. She sighed and unwrapped her leg and looked at the wound, it was turning green and blue with the spreading infection. Pouring the liquid that she was given she sighed as the lancing pain eased and she was able to put weight on the leg. She nodded satisfied and stood up uncovering her scythe and swung it roughly. She sighed and looked at the blade, it was still covered in blood, she looked around and found a small pool of water where she took the blade and dipped it gently into the water and slowly began to use her wind to dry it, all the while making the wind stronger on some spots to blast away the blood. She looked at the blade when she was done and smiled as the blade shined clean. She nodded and covered the blade back up and jumped into a tree and leaned against it closing her eyes, she eased one open slightly as she heard foot steps go under the tree, she looked down in time to see Isa walk past. She raised an eye brow and sat up looking down at him. She stood up and followed him silently till he stopped where she sat in the tree and watched, curious.[/FONT][/COLOR]

The winds whispered softy to Isa, who didn't even turn around to address Ai. "Can I help you with something?" His voice wasn't threatening, and didn't betray even an ounce of annoyance. He turned to face Ai, needing but a moment to spot her in the tree. Her expression seemed to ask how he'd seen her, how he could have possibly heard her approach.

Isa pointed steadily towards the ground below him, where the glint of a freshly cleaned scythe reflected moonlight onto the ground, a clear crescent moon shape that caught Ai off-guard. "Night-time betrays even its silent killers," he said, almost to himself.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ai chuckled at him and jumped down spinning so the light spun with her.
"Just wondering what one of the eight is doing here all alone. Thinking I would presume?"
He looked at her, not showing any emotion at all.
"Why would you care to know?"
"I told you, just wondering."
"How does one just wonder on things one has no knowledge about?"
"Ever heard of curiosity? They say it killed the cat."
She gave him a quick wink and walked ahead of him.
"So what were you doing out here anyway? It's kinda chilly if you ask me."
He didn't answer her, but that was okay, she was used to having one sided conversations. She smiled and looked back at him.
"You know, when there is danger around one shouldn't move around alone."
"I can handle my self, your the one being loud enough to give us all away."
She stuck out her tounge and giggled.
"There's no fun in being completely silent."
She spun again on the spot, the moonlight catching a glimpse of her covered scythe to make it glimmer as before.
"Besides, I think I took care of all the archers."
"At a price so it seems."
She looked down blushing as he indicated to her leg.
"You saw that huh?"
"How could one not? It's bigger than your mouth."
She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest frowning.
"I made short work of them besides the fact though didn't I?"
He looked away making her huff again and turn her back on him looking through the clearing to the other side.
"I can handle my self just as well ya know."
She stood there stotic and perturbed by his comment.[/FONT][/COLOR]

"'Ello" Nero said coming up behind Isa. He replied with "I was wondering when you would present yourself" in his usual serious and know-it-all tune. "Sure you were" Nero replied sarcasticly. Ai giggled a little, and attracted the attention of Nero, well more attention than she had before at least. "Well what do we have here?" nero began "what's a cute girl like you wondering around at night with a wierdo like that guy?" he gestured behind him as he blatently walked passed Isa. "I believe-" Isa retorded partially before being cut off by Nero "Didn't ask you dude." he stated rudely.

"anyway," he turned back to Ai "How's your leg doin'?" before she could answer Isa asked "How is it that you witnessed her injury, when you were nowhere to be seen the entire battle?" Nero smirked "It's night." he answered matter of factly. Seeing Isa's reaction, or lack there of, Nero continued "I control darkness" he took a few steps toward the dark sie of a tree opposite the fire and the moonlight, and he grabbed at the air within the darkness. A moment later Nero pulled the shadow around him like a cloak of darkness, shading him from view completely. Seconds passed before Nero's voice was heard from behind Isa once again. "Neat trick isn't it?" Isa replied coldly "Indeed." Nero once again passed by Isa to get into ful view of Ai "So anyway, how is your leg? Not to insult your abilities or resiliance, but are you gunna be ok?"

----------------------------------------
OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while, away for march break and stuff.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ai hopped up and down on her leg and nodded smiling sweetly.
"Think I'll live."
She looked up as the moon light shifted.
"It's getting late, suppose the others might be looking for us by now."
She closed her eyes as a gust of wind blew their way from the direction of he camp, she could hear a small snore on the wind, she laughed quietly.
"Never mind, I don't think they're to worried."
The other two looked at her strangely.
"I can hear things that travel on the wind, I heard someone snore, so I don't think they are that worried."
Isa nodded silently.
"We are all able to take care of out selves, it is only reasonable they would feel the same."
She nodded and walked towards the middle of the clearing where a large patch of moonlight shined brightly. She uncovered the scythe and began to twirl it expertly out o slight boredom.[/FONT][/COLOR]