OtakuBoards

Big Lots store has Anime for $3 a pop.

onenuttytanuki

Well it seems to be that time of year at the Big Lots in IL., around where I live, where they carry a good selection of past Anime titles put out by Bandai for around $3 each,

So far I've noticed the ones around me carrying differnt dvd volumes of the following titles.

Love Hina
Magical Meow Meow : Tarotu
Yazzui
Dragon Drive
Panda Z
Various Gundam
Cowboy Bebop
Argentosoma
Galaxy Angel Z
Banner of the Stars 1 and 2
Hoop Days
IPGX
Infinite Ryvius
Overman King Gainer
Planetes
Saber Marionette
Wolf's Rain
Zegapain
Yukikaze
Mamoru Oshii's Talking Head

Plus:
Steamboy

It's mainly vol, 1 of this vol. 4 of that, no complete runs of anything, just enough for the anime fan who has been wanting to try a series tbut haven't wanted to spend alot on until they are really sure, Plus supplies are limited to what is in the store.
Although it is nice to find still in the wrapper new anime dvd that usually go for up to $25-$30 for $3.

Anyone else have such luck with their Big Lots?

[COLOR="1234"]They have anime at the Big Lots in a town near my house. I saw some old Gundam (G and Seed) S-CRY-ed, some anime with dragons and some SD Gundam as well. It's pretty convieniant, however, they don't have whole series there and it's sometimes hard to find the first few episodes.

But it's pretty nifty.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Panache']Seems convenient. To bad I don't have a big lots near me.[/QUOTE]
Is Big Lots a regional chain? I don't think I've ever seen one (I'm on the East Coast), although I've heard things about them carrying cheap anime from time to time in the past.

~Dagger~

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Amen! It's anime for us poor people! Seriously, do you know how awesome it feel's buying anime for $3? It is [B]orgasmic[/B]. I mean, think about it, your buying a anime dvd for the price of an energy drink. It's just too good of a deal to pass up, at least for me anyway's.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Amen! It's anime for us poor people! Seriously, do you know how awesome it feel's buying anime for $3? It is [B]orgasmic[/B]. I mean, think about it, your buying a anime dvd for the price of an energy drink. It's just too good of a deal to pass up, at least for me anyway's.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="1234"]Somehow I can't help but agree with this.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Dagger']Is Big Lots a regional chain? I don't think I've ever seen one (I'm on the East Coast), although I've heard things about them carrying cheap anime from time to time in the past.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

I see commercials for it where I live but I have never actually seen one. It would be odd for something on the west coast or Midwest to advertise here on the east coast. Maybe I am just not looking hard enough to find one.

[QUOTE]Amen! It's anime for us poor people! Seriously, do you know how awesome it feel's buying anime for $3? It is orgasmic. I mean, think about it, your buying a anime dvd for the price of an energy drink. It's just too good of a deal to pass up, at least for me anyway's.[/QUOTE]

Damn you for being right and me being unable to go there!

[quote name='Andy][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Amen! It's anime for us poor people! Seriously, do you know how awesome it feel's buying anime for $3? It is [B]orgasmic[/B]. I mean, think about it, your buying a anime dvd for the price of an energy drink. It's just too good of a deal to pass up, at least for me anyway's.[/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]You pay a stinkin' three bucks for an energy drink? Good grief. :p

No, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Dagger[/COLOR], Big Lots is over on the East Coast, too. I used to live in South Carolina, and they got it there, as well as NC, VA, and MD.

You ain't a Yankee, are ya? =P[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]
No, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Dagger[/COLOR], Big Lots is over on the East Coast, too. I used to live in South Carolina, and they got it there, as well as NC, VA, and MD.

You ain't a Yankee, are ya? =P[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Born in NJ, raised in MD, currently in NY. So I guess... no? :p

~Dagger~

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Interesting, we have one near my place, but I've never even been inside. Not that it matters, I never have any money for buying anime anyway. XP We use to have a store with a used anime section... but the place went out of business, so no such luck anymore. Anyway, I'll have to check the place out it seems.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 year later...
I bought Memories by the same director as Steamboy at Big Lots as well as Case Closed: Detective Conan. While there I have seen My-Hime, Gundam Seed, and Clockwork Fighters as well. P.S. I live in California.:animesmil[quote name='onenuttytanuki']Well it seems to be that time of year at the Big Lots in IL., around where I live, where they carry a good selection of past Anime titles put out by Bandai for around $3 each,

So far I've noticed the ones around me carrying differnt dvd volumes of the following titles.

Love Hina
Magical Meow Meow : Tarotu
Yazzui
Dragon Drive
Panda Z
Various Gundam
Cowboy Bebop
Argentosoma
Galaxy Angel Z
Banner of the Stars 1 and 2
Hoop Days
IPGX
Infinite Ryvius
Overman King Gainer
Planetes
Saber Marionette
Wolf's Rain
Zegapain
Yukikaze
Mamoru Oshii's Talking Head

Plus:
Steamboy

It's mainly vol, 1 of this vol. 4 of that, no complete runs of anything, just enough for the anime fan who has been wanting to try a series tbut haven't wanted to spend alot on until they are really sure, Plus supplies are limited to what is in the store.
Although it is nice to find still in the wrapper new anime dvd that usually go for up to $25-$30 for $3.

Anyone else have such luck with their Big Lots?[/QUOTE]