OtakuBoards

Ex-Girlfriend Problems (Boy this is getting old)

Aberinkula

[COLOR="1234"]These girlfriend problems just never ceace to exist. Anyways, she broke up with me, and the next day she sent my friend a text message and told her to tell me it was a 'test.' Well, usually these tests are told about beforehand, but this time it was a sudden 'we're done but let's be friends thing.'

Anyways, later that day a period or two before lunch, I sent her a text on my friends phone telling her no. Well, later that day she bugged me so I said, one more chance just to shut her up a bit. But later we brokoe up again and ever since she won't stop with the 'you don't know what you've forgotten' and the 'I need you,' and the whole 'you lied to me.'

I want to stay friends wiht her, but not with her doing this and not with her begging over and over. What's worse is, she knows some secrets that would damage my freindship, I todl her than becuase I trusted her, but I don't want to do somehting dangerous and end up losing my friend over the secret.

So what should I do now OB?[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]This is why I avoided relationships like the plague in high school. Heck, I am keeping away from unnecessary relationships right now. I know that it is difficult but you might be a happier person not having to deal with crap like that over and over. What you need to concentrate on is passing high school with good grades so that you can get into a good school, etc. Once you get your life together and be near you want to be then it is time to worry about that.

I good friend once told me. A relationship can make or break you. It can be really good for you, however if it really is bad, it can greatly hurt you. That girl is obviously not worth your time and is playing you like she has you wrapped around her finger. So leave her and ignore her. Ok?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Japan_86'][SIZE="1"] What you need to concentrate on is passing high school with good grades so that you can get into a good school, etc.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]That's it right there. I'd follow her advice. You're young Prem and in all honesty, school at this stage is far more important. Focus on that instead. It's a hell of a lot more relevant than worrying over your ex-girlfriend. I can just about guarantee you that she won't be the last ex you'll end up with.

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Sienna"]A good start is telling her to stop messing around or else you'll have to severe ties. Completely.

As for the secret thing? Either pre-emptively come clean with your friend so she can't use it against you, or take the chance she won't tell. To be honest, I got a little jaded in highschool by "secrets". If you really think about it, there aren't really any secrets worth keeping because if you're having to keep them, you're obviously doing something wrong in the first place.

P.S: She doesn't sound like she's worth the time of day anyway.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='MissWem'][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Sienna] If you really think about it, there aren't really any secrets worth keeping because if you're having to keep them, you're obviously doing something wrong in the first place.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Not true, not true at all. There are some secrets you really have to keep, because if they ever got out, you'd risk being beaten to death by a less tolerant person. I have one of those kinds of secrets myself, and it got out. It was NOT a good thing at all. And I mean about things you can't help. Not because you ****** up or whatever.
I'm not saying he has one of those secrets, just saying sometimes you have to keep secrets for your own safety.
Moving along.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]What you need to concentrate on is passing high school with good grades so that you can get into a good school, etc. Once you get your life together and be near you want to be then it is time to worry about that.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[LEFT][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Too true. I got caught up in all that drama, and I completely lost track of school, and fell so far behind I had to drop out because the work was so hard because I hadn't been paying attention to it. You really don't want to end up like that; now I have to get my GED instead.

(You might not want to read this part.*)

Now. [U][B]*At the risk of sounding like a complete *******.* [/B][/U]Can we please stop with the advice threads? They're getting way too excessive. Really, why don't you call Sue Johanson, or Dr Phil? At least invest in a psychiatrist, because I know there are quite a few of us that don't like seeing every single effing one of these threads being about 'oh my boyfriend/girlfriend/ex broke up with me/wants me back, what should I do?'
Seriously, folks. This is getting to be a bit much.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];806603'][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Now. [U][B]*At the risk of sounding like a complete *******.* [/B][/U]Can we please stop with the advice threads? They're getting way too excessive. Really, why don't you call Sue Johanson, or Dr Phil? At least invest in a psychiatrist, because I know there are quite a few of us that don't like seeing every single effing one of these threads being about 'oh my boyfriend/girlfriend/ex broke up with me/wants me back, what should I do?'
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]You know... It's not that hard to[I] not[/I] answer advise threads. ^_~ If they really bug you that much, then don't bother to read them. I can see suggesting someone get more professional advice, but there's really no reason to ask people to stop posting a thread like this.

And since others have already offered the excellent advice of focusing on school, I won't bother to rehash that bit. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]You know... It's not that hard to[I] not[/I] answer advise threads. ^_~ If they really bug you that much, then don't bother to read them. [/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]That's true. But notice where I said,
[/FONT][/COLOR][QUOTE][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua] (You might not want to read this part.*)[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Which is along the same lines. Don't bother to read it. ;)

Point taken, however. I knew someone would say that.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];806608'][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]That's true. But notice where I said,
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Which is along the same lines. Don't bother to read it. ;)

Point taken, however. I knew someone would say that.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Notice where I said:[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]there's really [U]no reason[/U] to ask people to stop posting a thread like this.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]That's the real point to my post. Because your statement that:
[INDENT][SIZE="1"]I know there are quite a few of us that don't like seeing every single effing one of these threads being about 'oh my boyfriend/girlfriend/ex broke up with me/wants me back, what should I do?'
Seriously, folks. This is getting to be a bit much.[/SIZE][/INDENT]
Isn't accurate and it's unnecessary in the first place. So lets just not do it alright? [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Notice where I said:That's the real point to my post. Because your statement that:[INDENT][SIZE=1]I know there are quite a few of us that don't like seeing every single effing one of these threads being about 'oh my boyfriend/girlfriend/ex broke up with me/wants me back, what should I do?'
Seriously, folks. This is getting to be a bit much.[/SIZE][/INDENT]Isn't accurate and it's unnecessary in the first place. So lets just not do it alright? [/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]So you [I]don't[/I] think there's a massive amount of advice threads?
Fair enough.
I revoke my [U]opinion.[/U]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];806613'][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]So you [I]don't[/I] think there's a massive amount of advice threads?
Fair enough.
I revoke my [U]opinion.[/U]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]No I don't, and think about it, if so many advice threads bother you... the easiest way to counter it is to you know... create new threads with new topics instead of telling people to stop posting a type of thread because you or someone else might not like them. Whether or not there are a lot of them, is irrelevant. People shouldn't be limited on the type of threads they are allowed to post.

As I said, your claim was inaccurate, it is not a case of nearly every thread being one for advice, out of the first thirty threads on the first page, only five are on advice, that doesn't even come close to[I] nearly every one [/I]being on advice. Plus you don't know if quite a few people are tired of seeing them or not, you're jumping to conclusions here since you can't really know what others think. That's your opinion, and it's not necessarily shared by others. So it's not getting to be a bit much.

So I'm saying, your opinion is fine, but your conclusion or rather logic supporting that opinion is incorrect and flawed. I'm also saying, as I already said, there's no reason to tell people to stop posting a type of thread. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I never commanded anyone to stop posting these threads. I really don't care if they started a thread about how often they clip their toenails.

A lot of it was exaggeration, and not meant to be taken seriously. And totally based on opinion. Have you ever heard that '98% of statistics are made up on the spot'? Well, when I say 'quite a few' that is totally based on assumption. I mean, even the topic starter must think so due to the title.

What I meant was it seems to be a new trend, since several of the top threads are advice. I'm not saying there've never been any until now, just not as many.

Anyway, being as this is more time than I usually spend in a thread, and we're beginning to drift WAAAAAAY off-topic, this is my last post, and I can only hope that you can at least see things from my perspective rather than completely condemning every word I've said.
And I might 'counter' this by starting a thread about whether anyone thinks there are beginning to be too many advice threads, just out of curiosity.

Later.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest Azhure
All I have to say is you're looking at from just your point of view. Have you ever been the one to beg them back? It's heart breaking knowing that the one you love is slipping away from you.

But this one isn't worth the time of day. Just think of it from her point of veiw. Have a sit down that is completely professional. Discuss things.

Speaking from experience, tell her to **** off. She either needs to give you some respect or she's not worth the time. School is much more important, and it may seem hard, but you'll laugh about it later. I ruined my high school experience by moping around over a stupid girl. Don't let the same thing happen to you.

[QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];806603'][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]

Now. [U][B]*At the risk of sounding like a complete *******.* [/B][/U]Can we please stop with the advice threads? They're getting way too excessive. Really, why don't you call Sue Johanson, or Dr Phil? At least invest in a psychiatrist, because I know there are quite a few of us that don't like seeing every single effing one of these threads being about 'oh my boyfriend/girlfriend/ex broke up with me/wants me back, what should I do?'
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="1234"]Sorry to bring this argument back, but I'm 14, I DONT KNOW how to handle these things like you guys. Don't like these advice threads? Oh well, you'll get over it. On Gaiaonline there's a while subforum for advice. Plus OB is a pretty excepting, helpful, and friendly site. So asking for advice ehre is a pretty good idea.

Anyways, this problem is resolved... finally![/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR="1234"']Sorry to bring this argument back, but I'm 14, I DONT KNOW how to handle these things like you guys. Don't like these advice threads? Oh well, you'll get over it.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]And the best thing you can do, as the sane people have said before, is just relax and don't worry about it. It ain't the end of the world, man, and it ain't worth your time trying to figure out this boy/girlfriend stuff. Like you said, you're fourteen, and you shouldn't feel pressured to do anything significant yet.

Sure, people got married at that age a long time ago, but then the life expectancy was much shorter. More to the point, though, they were almost exclusively [I]arranged marriages[/I], and not something the kids had a choice over.

I knew four people?two couples?who stayed together through middle and high school, and they're both broken up now. So although I will repeat the "don't sweat it" stuff, my [U]personal[/U] advice is to not even bother with "relationships" until you and your peers mature more. Late high school, or even early twenties.

Also, as you get older you'll learn to ignore the idiots who think they can talk to people. If someone starts makin' a ruckus over little things, it's probably not important.

And you still have that hanging text there, bucko. :p[/FONT]

Guest Azhure
[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]Sorry to bring this argument back, but I'm 14, I DONT KNOW how to handle these things like you guys. Don't like these advice threads? Oh well, you'll get over it. On Gaiaonline there's a while subforum for advice. Plus OB is a pretty excepting, helpful, and friendly site. So asking for advice ehre is a pretty good idea.

Anyways, this problem is resolved... finally![/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Really? How did you solve the problem?
OOC: Hehe, I have an account on Gaiaonline. That place ROCKS!!

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR=#123400]Sorry to bring this argument back, but I'm 14, I DONT KNOW how to handle these things like you guys. Don't like these advice threads? Oh well, you'll get over it. On Gaiaonline there's a while subforum for advice. Plus OB is a pretty excepting, helpful, and friendly site. So asking for advice ehre is a pretty good idea.
[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]And I'm sixteen. That's only two more years of life experience, which isn't much.

And Gaia, well... is pretty much a joke, kiddo. I'm not surprised. I mean, you can't go anywhere on there without some 13-year-old girl tryin' to e-hump you.
I do think it's pretty [B]accepting[/B]. There are a few exceptions, though. If I didn't think it was any of those things, would I really have stayed here so long? Think about it, I'm 16. I've been here for 6 years. Most forums wouldn't be very nice to a 10-year-old.
But I'm glad the ordeal is over, in any case.
But you really should try to look at it from her point of view, anyway.
Okay now, THIS is my last post. Stop dragging me back here. :animesmil
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="1234"]Allamorph I'm sorry for the hanging text. Really I am. I just tend to forget to contin-

Well, we decided to let bygones be bygones. Plus, I told her that I called myself unfaithful cause some fat kid at school said I called [B]her [/B]unfaithful and I also said that she cheated on me. This same kid lied earlier when I was going out with her too, so I'm suspicious. Anyways, problem solved.. for now.

I've already got a crush on someone else and if I go out with her my ex will go 'I thought you said you weren't ready for a relationship?' Which is what I told her a while ago. But you know things change rather quickly for me.

@ Allamorph: I may only be fourteen, but I understand things better than most of the 14 year olds in my grade. I will be fifteen in August after all, so I'm not some immature little bugger with an happy-go-lucky mind. I've grown up a bit more due to my closet-confusion-catastrophe, that's when I had to deal with the whole 'ur gay, ur such a *** LOLZ!!!!!!!!111!!1!!!' Dealing with such immature remarks as that has helped me now.

Even though as DB put it, I am a bit malleable, but that doesn't mean I'm an easy obstacle, strength wise I am, but mentally I'm not. But I do tend block things out, just ask Metalcore501. Today he pushed my bookbag off the bus seat and I just kept on listening to my music. I donn't know if that's good or bad though really >_
@ Sound_Nin: It is that kind of secret, I regret telling her every day, but she said even if she hated my guts, she wouldn't tell.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR="1234"']Allamorph I'm sorry for the hanging text. Really I am. I just tend to forget to contin-[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial][I]*sigh*[/I] Nevermind. :animesmil

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR="1234"']I'm not some immature little bugger with an happy-go-lucky mind. I've grown up a bit more due to my closet-confusion-catastrophe, that's when I had to deal with the whole 'ur gay, ur such a *** LOLZ!!!!!!!!111!!1!!!' Dealing with such immature remarks as that has helped me now.[/COLOR][/quote]
Hey, never said ya were. :animesmil Just, maturity does come with age, and even though I'm giving you this stuff now, I ain't as grown up as I'll be, either.

I didn't bother with that kind of stuff, though, 'cause I saw the futility and irrelevance. It'll happen for me if it happens; I ain't gonna help it, but I ain't gonna stop it if it happens, either. :p

Long and short, none o' this'll make much of a nevermind years down the road. Might be fun, might be stuff you'll have enjoyed, but it won't be defining who you are. Ya feel me?

[B]Edit:[/B]
[quote name=''[Sound_Nin]'][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Okay now, THIS is my last post.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
Anyone wanna open a book on it? :p[/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Damn it! Remind me to never say 'this is my last post' ever again, because I can't restrain myself when directly addressed.

Okay, okay.

What he meant by hanging text (I think?) is look at your sig. It says [center] right there.
So I think the deal is, it has to be [ center ] and then end with [ /center ] no spaces. Or maybe you started to centre something without finishing it, idk.

Anyway, I kinda had a feeling it was one of [I]those[/I] secrets. At least you told her and she didn't find out herself. 'S what happened to me.

I've been 14 before, we all have really. Some people need to remember that. It's really easy to get caught up in that stuff, 'cause you want to grow up as fast as possible and get involved in relationships, and drinking, and whatever else, but in the long run it's best to stay away from all that. But I've known people who can actually deal with all that, AND school. But I think it's pretty rare.
It's not to make you feel like because you're young, you must not know anything. It's 'cause sometimes you can't really tell what's more important, and you figure that out later.

Notice how I ended up complaining about advice threads while simultaneously giving advice. :whoops:
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="1234"]Hypocritical bastard >_> [spoiler]I'm kidding of coarse, you're cool with me man.[/spoiler] But I see what you two mean. I'm not in any rush to grow up. **** I'm sick of hair growing in uneeded places. I feel [I]tainted [/I]by the hair sometimes. [spoiler]Funny quirk or uneeded perverted pun? You decide...[/spoiler] So I'd love to stay this age for a looooooooooong time, I don't want to grow up anytime soon.

Anyways, I'm not telling my next girlfriend what I told my ex, it's my secret no one else's. Plus, I don't want my next gf to be like 'ZOMG!' about stuff.

And Allamorph we know you aren't that grown up, in fact sometimes I think you're a 12 year old with a very wierd sense of humor hiding behind the facade of yours.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR=#123400]Hypocritical bastard >_> [/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Pfft. Young'ns these days. :rolleyes:

[/FONT][/COLOR][QUOTE][COLOR=#123400]I feel [I]tainted [/I]by the hair sometimes. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Maybe you're just like me and you have an unhealthy (well, I think it's pretty damn healthy, and clean) obsession with shaving everywhere. I can't figure out for the life of me why most guys don't shave their armpits. I know it's because they're deathly afraid of doing anything that could make them seem feminine and/or gay, but come on. That's gross. Swallow your pride and shave that ****.

[/FONT][/COLOR][QUOTE][COLOR=#123400] And Allamorph we know you aren't that grown up, in fact sometimes I think you're a 12 year old with a very wierd sense of humor hiding behind the facade of yours.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]We all have that suspicion, don't worry.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="1234"]Oh, I trim... just not well. But I'm also glad I'm developing. My height to length ratio is pretty odd and not expected. Ik what you mean about the armpits, my friend has a rabid chipmunk hidden under his arms, it's like death in there. I myself will admit if a guy looks good, I am straight but come on, women do it all the time. Now a days even the slightest thing that seems odd makes you gay. Now I don't enough armpit hair to say so, so I can't really say anything about that...

I have the feeling that this thread will soon be renamed to 'Developing Teenager & Awkward Silences Stretching Across Multiple Posts Thread.' So let's get off the subject.... please...[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR="1234"']And Allamorph we know you aren't that grown up, in fact sometimes I think you're a 12 year old with a very wierd sense of humor hiding behind the facade of yours.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Seven, actually.

(And it's "weird". :p)

[I]*smack'd*[/I][/FONT]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR=#123400] I am straight but come on, women do it all the time.
[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Women doing it is why men don't. They're afraid it'll make them feminine, when really, it makes you a cleaner person, I mean, when the deodorant gets in there... ew.

[/FONT][/COLOR] [QUOTE][COLOR=#123400]Now I don't enough armpit hair to say so, so I can't really say anything about that...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I always forget that 14/15 are the normal years for puberty. I was done with it by then, pretty much. I developed super-fast, except my voice. Doctor says it's done getting deeper, but I get mistaken for a girl on the phone all the time. Not fun, not fun at all.

[/FONT][/COLOR][QUOTE][COLOR=#123400] I have the feeling that this thread will soon be renamed to 'Developing Teenager & Awkward Silences Stretching Across Multiple Posts Thread.' So let's get off the subject.... please...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Yeah, or a mod will come marching in with the ol' 'off topic' lecture. :animesigh

Anyway, it's always been the case that if you say a guy looks good, everyone assumes you're attracted to him. Or even if you say he's really nice and likable. Luckily, I don't have to worry about this. I am attracted to men! Ha ha, hee hee. >.>
And I have very few straight male friends.
[/FONT][/COLOR]