OtakuBoards

Are you a fan of the Clamp universe?

Guest misschococat

Guest misschococat
I will happily admit that I am a total fan of Clamp.
Everything from the large, thick, false eyelashes of Magic Knight Rayearth, the underwear obsession in Chobits, the gorgeous Kamui's from X/1999 (why do they have to be so young?), and I personally believe that the feather in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles would make a very sexy tattoo.

It has some well known manga and anime such as,
Chobits
Cardcaptor Sakura
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
xxxHOLiC
RG Veda
Shirahime-Syo
Tokyo Babylon
Clover
Magic Knight Rayearth
Wish
Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland
Gouhou Drug
and my personal all time favorite: X and X/1999

And lesser known, but still very good manga and anime,
Man of Many Faces
Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders
Soryuden
Legend of Chun Hyang
Clamp School Detectives
Rex Kyouryuu Monogatari
Suki
CLAMP School Paranormal Investigators and
Others

Please tell me if you know and like (or dislike) any.
Also a bonus if you know any that are not listed here. I'm trying to collect all of them.
Sort of like pokemon. lol. Gotta catch em all, gotta catch em all. Clamp!

[color=#4B0082]I haven't seen nearly all the CLAMP anime (and I've read less of the manga) but I've generally liked what I've seen. Cardcaptor Sakura is my favorite and also one of my top animes. I also really enjoyed Angelic Layer; maybe it's because I'm also a gamer, but I loved the concept of the angels.

I've also seen Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and Chobits. I didn't think they were as good as CCS and Angelic Layer but they were still fun series.[/color]

[FONT=Arial]Unfortunately, my only actual experience with CLAMP has been Tsubasa. Good manga, and I'll probably look into the anime-daptation at some point.

If I had more of a budget, I'd probably have picked up more?I only read what I could borrow, anyway, so I'm quite a ways behind now. :([/FONT]

I've only seen Chobits and Angleic Layer. They were both good anime. I prefer Chobits because I could relate to the main character more. Angleic Layer kept me interested in the same way something like pokemon or digimon would keep me interested. Those are both reallly good shows.

However my manga experience with Clamp manga has been bad. In my opinion Tokyo Babylon sucks. It's probably the least entertaining anime I've seen to date.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I've seen Chobits, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Tsubasa Chronicles, and a couple more. I'm totally in love with them! I'm especially fond of Chobits and ever since my friend Izumi got me the 1st manga and since I've seen the first ep., I've been wanting a persocom really bad! I'm really anxious to see Clamp in Wonderland, Clamp in Wonderland 2, and the other movies![/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I think the first CLAMP manga I ever read was Chobits. I had heard about it from a few of my anime-crazed friends and decided to check it out. I was addicted from the first volume, and ended up getting the whole eight-volume series (eventually). A while after that Tsubasa and xxxHolic first started appearing and I was immediately drawn in. The whole concept of the (two) series was intriguing to me. Multiple universes with different versions of the character from older series sounded pretty cool.

I haven't seen a lot of their older series (ex., Card Captor Sakura, MKR, etc.) but I did see some of the Angelic Layer anime a while back and liked it immediately. Like Desbreko said, I like the idea of the little robot combatants.

Anyway, even though my CLAMP experience is limited, in my book anything by CLAMP is awesome by default.[/FONT][/COLOR]