The Spectacular Professor Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 [quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]The game must really hate me then. It's rare that I can get through a five minute match without tripping. :animesigh[/color][/QUOTE] I find that the easiest way to avoid tripping is to stay airborne whenever possible. Which is probably why I get destroyed so easily...
Ikillion Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 [COLOR=#6d527f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]If I recall correctly about tripping, the chance to trip starts off very low initially but slowly scales in damage. Some surfaces have a higher percentage to trip (Ex: Ice Climbers stage, Ice Stage in Pokemon Stadium 2). You can only trip when you start a dash and fail to follow through into a run. It was probably made for eliminating Foxtrotting. Apparently you are supposed to be invincible for the entire animation so you won't be open for attacks, but this doesn't seem to be the case.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Treble Posted March 30, 2008 Posted March 30, 2008 Well, I just played against Nabgeta quite a few times on the Mario Circuit stage, and I won the majority of the matches. But the thing is, I?m not even sure if he?s aware that the tournament has already started. Does this count? If not, I could always play against him again some other day.
nabgeta Posted April 4, 2008 Posted April 4, 2008 [quote name='Treble']Well, I just played against Nabgeta quite a few times on the Mario Circuit stage, and I won the majority of the matches. But the thing is, I?m not even sure if he?s aware that the tournament has already started. Does this count? If not, I could always play against him again some other day.[/QUOTE] no I was not aware of the tournament lol haven't been on my laptop in a good while but if I can check in for the next would be fine
Doublehex Posted April 9, 2008 Posted April 9, 2008 Well, it took forever and a day to actually arrange, but I beat Flo's butt. :) Now, who's next? :smirk:
Ellerby Posted April 9, 2008 Author Posted April 9, 2008 [quote name='Matt']Now, who's next? :smirk:[/QUOTE] [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Here's who's next! [b]Rules:[/b] 3-Man Stock Match with [B]No Items[/B]. Shinmaru VS Desbreko [b]Stage:[/b] Yoshi's Island Treble VS Matt [b]Stage:[/b] Shadow Moses Island[/COLOR][/FONT]
Shinmaru Posted April 9, 2008 Posted April 9, 2008 No items except the Smash Ball, or no items period? You up to fight tonight, Des? Best time for me would be after 8 p.m. I look forward to [strike]being completely annihilated[/strike] destroying you!!
Desbreko Posted April 9, 2008 Posted April 9, 2008 [color=#4B0082]Also, which Yoshi's Island stage? The Brawl one or the Melee one? I should be able to play the match tonight, Shin. I'll sign in around 8:00, then, and I should be on AIM too.[/color]
Shinmaru Posted April 10, 2008 Posted April 10, 2008 Des won our match. It was a lot of fun - every time he got a Final Smash, it scared the **** out of me lol.
Desbreko Posted April 10, 2008 Posted April 10, 2008 [color=#4B0082]Heh, yeah. Two Marths going at it with FSes on Yoshi's Island gets a bit nerve wracking. I wish I had thought to save the replay of me shaming you with Peach after the tournament match. :animedepr[/color]
Ellerby Posted April 10, 2008 Author Posted April 10, 2008 [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Not that it matters now that your match is over but I wanted no items [I]except[/I] the Smash Ball (I should have clarified that). Your match was meant to be on the Brawl Yoshi level but it doesn't make much difference. I'm glad you got your match done so quickly! :animesmil[/COLOR][/FONT]
Desbreko Posted April 11, 2008 Posted April 11, 2008 [color=#4B0082]We ended up playing the Melee version 'cause we liked the music better. :p I think it turned out for the better that way, though, 'cause we had to be [i]really[/i] careful not to use our FSes while facing right or else we'd die if we missed. I think we both ended up suiciding once that way and it balanced out the one-hit-kill nature of Marth's FS.[/color]
Haku877 Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 so whens the next tourney gonna commence? Im so in on the next one.
Ellerby Posted May 28, 2008 Author Posted May 28, 2008 [quote name='haku877']so whens the next tourney gonna commence? Im so in on the next one.[/QUOTE] [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I didn't know anyone wanted another one, haha. If there's enough interest then I can definitely start up a new tourney. Maybe we can mix it with another game everyone most likely owns, like Mario Kart Wii, to make it interesting.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Desbreko Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [color=#4B0082]I still don't have Mario Kart Wii. :animecry: But I'd be up for another SSBB tournament.[/color]
Treble Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 With so much free time, I?m good to go for both games. Plus, I need more people to compete against with in Mario Kart.
Haku877 Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I didn't know anyone wanted another one, haha. If there's enough interest then I can definitely start up a new tourney. Maybe we can mix it with another game everyone most likely owns, like Mario Kart Wii, to make it interesting.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE] That actually sounds really good, i dont own it but Ive played it and its a good game, mario kart would be cool!
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 If we're tossing Mario Kart into the mix, I'm going to need to go buy myself a Wii sometime. No wait. Better idea: The OB Ultimate Gaming Challenge of Great Justice Just pick some of the most popular online games of the day and enter everyone in the categories for whatever they have. Personally, I look forward to epically failing in the Pokèmon division. Ideas include: -Brawl -Mario Kart (Wii or DS, or both) -Halo -Pokèmon -MMOs like WoW (have a PK tournament for OB members or something) or anything else anyone can think of.
Meggido Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 MMOs would be a little harder because most people would be split of numerous servers, As for tournaments I'd love to see another SSBB tournament some stage after the Pal version has been released really sucks that we're about 4 months behind because they couldn't be bothered doing a global release like they did with Mario kart.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now