OtakuBoards

Otaku Brawl Tournament - Got what it takes?

Ellerby

[COLOR=#6d527f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]If I recall correctly about tripping, the chance to trip starts off very low initially but slowly scales in damage. Some surfaces have a higher percentage to trip (Ex: Ice Climbers stage, Ice Stage in Pokemon Stadium 2). You can only trip when you start a dash and fail to follow through into a run. It was probably made for eliminating Foxtrotting.

Apparently you are supposed to be invincible for the entire animation so you won't be open for attacks, but this doesn't seem to be the case.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well, I just played against Nabgeta quite a few times on the Mario Circuit stage, and I won the majority of the matches. But the thing is, I?m not even sure if he?s aware that the tournament has already started. Does this count? If not, I could always play against him again some other day.

[quote name='Treble']Well, I just played against Nabgeta quite a few times on the Mario Circuit stage, and I won the majority of the matches. But the thing is, I?m not even sure if he?s aware that the tournament has already started. Does this count? If not, I could always play against him again some other day.[/QUOTE] no I was not aware of the tournament lol haven't been on my laptop in a good while but if I can check in for the next would be fine

[quote name='Matt']Now, who's next? :smirk:[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Here's who's next!

[b]Rules:[/b] 3-Man Stock Match with [B]No Items[/B].

Shinmaru VS Desbreko
[b]Stage:[/b] Yoshi's Island

Treble VS Matt
[b]Stage:[/b] Shadow Moses Island[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Not that it matters now that your match is over but I wanted no items [I]except[/I] the Smash Ball (I should have clarified that). Your match was meant to be on the Brawl Yoshi level but it doesn't make much difference.

I'm glad you got your match done so quickly! :animesmil[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]We ended up playing the Melee version 'cause we liked the music better. :p I think it turned out for the better that way, though, 'cause we had to be [i]really[/i] careful not to use our FSes while facing right or else we'd die if we missed. I think we both ended up suiciding once that way and it balanced out the one-hit-kill nature of Marth's FS.[/color]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='haku877']so whens the next tourney gonna commence? Im so in on the next one.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I didn't know anyone wanted another one, haha. If there's enough interest then I can definitely start up a new tourney. Maybe we can mix it with another game everyone most likely owns, like Mario Kart Wii, to make it interesting.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I didn't know anyone wanted another one, haha. If there's enough interest then I can definitely start up a new tourney. Maybe we can mix it with another game everyone most likely owns, like Mario Kart Wii, to make it interesting.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That actually sounds really good, i dont own it but Ive played it and its a good game, mario kart would be cool!

If we're tossing Mario Kart into the mix, I'm going to need to go buy myself a Wii sometime.

No wait. Better idea: The OB Ultimate Gaming Challenge of Great Justice

Just pick some of the most popular online games of the day and enter everyone in the categories for whatever they have. Personally, I look forward to epically failing in the Pokèmon division. Ideas include:

-Brawl
-Mario Kart (Wii or DS, or both)
-Halo
-Pokèmon
-MMOs like WoW (have a PK tournament for OB members or something)
or anything else anyone can think of.

MMOs would be a little harder because most people would be split of numerous servers, As for tournaments I'd love to see another SSBB tournament some stage after the Pal version has been released really sucks that we're about 4 months behind because they couldn't be bothered doing a global release like they did with Mario kart.