OtakuBoards

Juicy Brains...

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Matt: What's wrong with me?
Matt: OH GOD
D'Ann: you're out of cookies.
Matt: I know!
Matt: I had this disturbing dream about that last night.
Matt: Apparently, my psyche will go to extraordinary lengths to acquire a new imaginary batch.
D'Ann: oh god
D'Ann: wait, what now?
Matt: I may have murdered you for the secrets locked in your juicy brain.
Matt: Possibly.
Matt: It made sense at the time.
Matt: I remember I came out ahead.
D'Ann: wha?
Matt: Don't worry about it.
Matt: You'll be fine.
Matt: For now.
D'Ann: speaks you who want to eat my juicy brain
Matt: Not me, my drug addled dream world.

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

So apparently I shouldn't keep my recipes for my really good chocolate chip cookies secret. Do you have a secret recipe? Does your mother? Is it tasty? Will people eat your brain to get it?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]My parents have a secret recipe for making Macaroni and Cheese ([b]not cheap Kraft Dinner[/b], [I]real[/I] Mac 'n' Cheese). It includes tomatoes and onions and a variety of other things. It's really quite mouth-watering.

Apparently my Dad's mother used to make it all the time so it at least goes back one generation. I don't think my Nana got it from her mom, though. Probably a friend or something, haha.

Kind of sucks with all these food places nowadays family recipes are becoming less and less common. :([/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Kind of sucks with all these food places nowadays family recipes are becoming less and less common. :([/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]
It does really, there's hardly any originality in the food business anymore; it's all about money and no heart.

My mom has the ultimate secret recipe for her famous Peach [B]Cobbler[/B]. It involves cinnamon and fresh-cut peaches, not to mention her other secret ingredients. Of course, I know what they all are and I know how to make it, so I bake it whenever I can.

It's won first place in baking contests since I can forever remember, haha. There's also a funny story behind it where her peach cobbler won first and second place, lol.

Anyway, that reminds me, White, my grandma has a secret recipe for Macaroni and Cheese as well. Not that fancy or complicated, haha, but it's still soooo good.

Grandparents [I]always[/I] make the best food.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=#FF6633][Font=Tahoma]OMG, My grandma use to make the best goulash in the freakin world. She just passed away this January (sadest day ever, coolest grandma in the world), and most of my family has tried to replicate it but it's almost like no one can make it the way she did. I took it to my highschool once, and everyone didn't want to try it at first. Keep in Mind, it looks pretty gross, I'm not going to lie. I never wanted to eat it because of how it looked as a kid, it looked heavy with too much in it. Like a thick beef yucky stew.

But when you eat it, it is the best thing ever. By a half an hour, the whole pot (which was made for like 20 people) was gone in class. It was the best tasting Hungarian Goulash. Pretty much everyone loved it. Especially me, because I only had it like twice a year if I was lucky. It's funny how something that doesn't look so great could taste so good.

Sad thing is, I'll probably never be able to eat it again because no one in the family knows the recipe. Curse it all! Although I do know, that most of everything she made she used Paprika. That was like her secret ingredient.

Good stuff. [/color][/font]

[quote name='Riku'][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]There's also a funny story behind it where her peach cobbler won first and second place, lol.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]No sharing, no boasting.

I actually make everything according to a secret recipe. With pure luck I just happen to be able to make everything I touch in the kitchen über delicious. Varying from a toasted pear to a moisty piece of bread.

My mother makes this thing with foam and rice and apple and things and it's amazing. I need to learn how to make it once. :([/size]