OtakuBoards

OB Theme Song!! (actual song)

Nomurah!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]Well, last night, I somehow got extremely inspired. And at the same time, I was on Ob. So, I recorded a theme song for us. So. Yeah. I made a myspace, and I guess... you guys could discuss it or something, or submit your own theme songs, or whatever. Something that has to do with songs inspired by OB, lol.

[url]www.myspace.com/xnomurax[/url]

That's my link, fresh, and I havn't gotten to spiffy it up yet, but maybe I'll get around to it eventually. Tell me what you think. My voice, for the most part, is annoying, which adds more to the comical aspects of the song. And of course.... It's full of techno/acoustic/hardcore goodness.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]HUNTER THAT WAS ADORABLE!

Not to mention quite enjoyable. Nice work, haha, even if I can't hear some of the quieter parts very well.

This reminds me that we shouldn't have let the OB band thread die. If I remember correctly it was my turn to do something with the song and I never did, and now I have a new computer and no microphone. Awman.
[/FONT]

[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]Yeah, I have to turn my iPod all the way up to hear some of those quiet parts...

As for the Ob band, I'm all for it. I don't really know what happened with the the original idea for the band, lol. But, it's not really anyones fault that it died out. We'll get our chance to do that someday.

Thanks very much, Claire. :] I was afraid that my acoustic guitar didn't sound good enough, and little things like that... But for the most part I'm glad I put it together, successfully. xD[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]lol. That was kind of cool... I definitely liked the beats (at the beginning anyway), what program did you use to put all of this together?

Something you need to work on is lyrics, though. It seemed like you just started recording and spouted out random stuff about OB, haha.

Also the screaming at the end was really, really annoying. Sorry.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Infectious little beat there. I would suggest taking out the lyrics and just using that as the song that plays when you browse the site. I didn't really care for the lyrics.

However I did fine this line very funny

...."by some Australian guy named James, named James"

:laugh:[/FONT]

GREAT THEME SONG! Wow...who woulda' guessed that the OB would one day have its very own theme song!:animesmil When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that the perfect theme song would be the Witch Doctor Song! But I stand corrected! GOOD JOB, WHOA, MANN!!!:wigout:

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]lol. That was kind of cool... I definitely liked the beats (at the beginning anyway), what program did you use to put all of this together?

Something you need to work on is lyrics, though. It seemed like you just started recording and spouted out random stuff about OB, haha.

Also the screaming at the end was really, really annoying. Sorry.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Haha too true, I just started yelling stuff. I use a program that you can pay for, when your order a mac, called "Logic Express". I can use the loop beats, and mix them in with synth I've created by myself (I can use the computer keys like a keyboard, with the program), and of course, I can record from a pre-amp plug in, that allows to play my acousitc guitar and instruments directly into the computer without having much feedback. Ultimately, it's a more professional version of Garageband.

As I said, my voice is annoying during this song, and I guess I wanted to top the whole thing off with a big dynamic hardcore part, lol.

I centered the lyrics (well, what I was comin up with as the beats were going) alot, around the description for the site. Anime, Videogames, Music, Movies, Art and General Entertainment Discussion. lol. And I course had to add in stuff about James. Except... I don't even know what I'm saying during the hardcore part. Just screaming and yelling "HA HA HA HA... Otttaakkkuboards... yo."

I swear I entertain myself with my own songs.. That's pretty much why I make stuff like this. But I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the song is okay. :][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Japan_86']I actually liked the screaming at the end. Listening to Metal day in and day out does that to you, lol.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]No, no it doesn't. Just because you listen to metal a lot doesn't mean all screaming in songs sounds good. Listen to Ensiferum (more specifically the song Trecherous Gods), [i]that[/i] is screaming.

There is such a thing as good and bad screaming. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]No, no it doesn't. Just because you listen to metal a lot doesn't mean all screaming in songs sounds good. Listen to Ensiferum (more specifically the song Trecherous Gods), [i]that[/i] is screaming.

There is such a thing as good and bad screaming. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Let's try not to fight over this. My voice was off, and I didn't bother to change anything... well, because the song wasn't a serious song. The screaming couldv'e been way better but I'm glad Laura didn't hate it. :]

Ah yes James... I had to add you to my song. "Some Australian Guy... Named James. Oh yeah."

Zen, you and I should do a duet for the OB. xD[/COLOR][/SIZE]