OtakuBoards

Great News!!!

Guest Akito

Well, I'm sure some of u remember how i've said i've gotten all my anime off of hotline and all, well, I've finally opened up a hotline Server, called "Otakuboards Anime Server". It's not up yet, I'm still working on it and all, but it'll be up soon. Also, here's where u can dl a hotline thing:
[url]http://download.cnet.com/downloads/1,10150,0-10001-103-0-1-7,00.html?tag=srch&qt=Hotline&cn=&ca=10001[/url]

DL the client version only.

By the way, there are two types of Admin accounts, Grey ones, that are basically the ultimate kind, and red ones, they are kinda like MOD's. Now, I can trust James and Safer, and if they wish to join, which i bet they would like to, they will be limited Grey accounts. Also, i'll have a few ppl from other servers on it. Remember, to upload things u don't see.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]Thats pretty cool Akito. [/B][/QUOTE]

It is, i'm working on it though, so it might be a bit before it's up.

due to the fact that my current company that supplies my internet service is giving us a capped bandwith(and we pay $50, we're getting jipped!), i'm going to have to limit how many ppl can dl at one time. Sucks, I know, but, we may be getting a new service, me old man is tired of the crappy service that we're paying an arm and a leg for! We may be getting a Dish, good for ul's and dl's, bad for games though. Well, either way we go, I'll win some, and lose some.

I've compiled a list of all the current anime i have on my computer. It's not much, but if u guys will help make it grow, then it'll be something that the otakuboards will be proud of!

Gestalt- Complete complete (avi)
Sakura Wars- 1-4 (avi)
Evangelion- 1-5 (avi)
Gundam 8th MS- 1-12 (avi)
FLCL complete (avi)
Jubei Chan 1-11 (avi)
Vandread- complete (AVI)
Vandread Second Stage- 1-8 (avi)
Battle Athletes Victory- 7-11 (avi)
Ah Megami-sama Movie (AVI)
Berserk 1-11 (AVI)
Bastard 1-5 (AVI)
Kimagure Orange Road OVA 1 (AVI)
Angelic Layer 1-20 (AVI)
Shaman King 4-6 (AVI)
Hanaukyo Maid Division- 1,7-9 (avi)
Mamotte SHugogetten- 1-12 (avi)
Angel Tails- 1-7 (avi)
H2(AVI)*Dun know the real name, it's bout basebal though.
Initial D-1 1-2 (AVI)
Dual! complete (AVI)
Final Fantasy Unlimited 1-6 (AVI) *The new FF anime Series.
And I will be getting more later.

This is all subed ppl!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji v2.0 [/i]
[B]f uckhead pirate [/B][/QUOTE]

why thank u shinji-chan, i didn't know u cared! I mean, considering that u seem to have never cared before.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

why thank u shinji-chan, i didn't know u cared! I mean, considering that u seem to have never cared before. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yea, but the difference between me and you is that I actually buy DVDs, and support companies, whereas you just rob them. And James, I think the term f uckhead pirate was more then appropriate.

[B]

Yea, but the difference between me and you is that I actually buy DVDs, and support companies, whereas you just rob them. And James, I think the term f uckhead pirate was more then appropriate. [/B][/QUOTE]

How do i put it in a way u understand, ok, here, I don't get anime that's already been licensed in the US, all the anime i have, cept for Gundam, has not been bought, and I got Gundam a while before CN even thought about getting it! I do not rob companies if they didn't buy it, i have them, yes, i will keep it even after the companies buy it, why? Because, those companies ruin it!

[B]

Yea, but the difference between me and you is that I actually buy DVDs, and support companies, whereas you just rob them. And James, I think the term f uckhead pirate was more then appropriate. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I don't like pirates either...

But still, I'm just asking you to respect our rules. That's all. :)

I think that's more than fair, especially considering that when you're not badmouthing a minority of some sort, you actually have some intelligent things to say. lol

I agree with your above post though, except for that last line.[/size]

[B]

How do i put it in a way u understand, ok, here, I don't get anime that's already been licensed in the US, all the anime i have, cept for Gundam, has not been bought, and I got Gundam a while before CN even thought about getting it! I do not rob companies if they didn't buy it, i have them, yes, i will keep it even after the companies buy it, why? Because, those companies ruin it! [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh this is too easy...

-------
Gestalt- Complete complete (avi)
Sakura Wars- 1-4 (avi) [b]licensed[/b]
Evangelion- 1-5 (avi) [b]licensed[/b]
Gundam 8th MS- 1-12 (avi) [b]licensed[/b]
FLCL complete (avi) [b]licensed[/b]
Jubei Chan 1-11 (avi) [b]licensed[/b]
Vandread- complete (AVI) [b]licensed[/b]
Vandread Second Stage- 1-8 (avi)
Battle Athletes Victory- 7-11 (avi) [b]licensed[/b]
Ah Megami-sama Movie (AVI) [b]licensed[/b]
Berserk 1-11 (AVI) [b]licensed[/b]
Bastard 1-5 (AVI) [b]licensed[/b]
Kimagure Orange Road OVA 1 (AVI) [b]licensed[/b]
Angelic Layer 1-20 (AVI)
Shaman King 4-6 (AVI)
Hanaukyo Maid Division- 1,7-9 (avi)
Mamotte SHugogetten- 1-12 (avi)
Angel Tails- 1-7 (avi)
H2(AVI)*Dun know the real name, it's bout basebal though. [b]licensed[/b] btw, I think it's called princess nine
Initial D-1 1-2 (AVI) [b]licensed[/b]
Dual! complete (AVI) [b]licensed[/b]
Final Fantasy Unlimited 1-6 (AVI) *The new FF anime Series.
-------

Of the 23 series you stated that you will make available, 14 are licensed. I wouldn't call that "everything but gundam."

In conclusion, you are a f uckhead pirate. Anything else?

Shin

Ooh...Gendo, you have been beaten. The fact that the dubbing companies may turn some into a shell compared to their original version, you're still robbing the companies. Theft is theft and its immature to attempt to justify it the way you do.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Ooh...Gendo, you have been beaten. The fact that the dubbing companies may turn some into a shell compared to their original version, you're still robbing the companies. Theft is theft and its immature to attempt to justify it the way you do.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

Theft eh? Kinda hard to be theft when I got it all before it was bought by the companies. Besides, I wouldn't be talking Shinji, U also ran a Hotline server, and i'm sure that a hell of alot of ur anime was "licensed" by companies. And here i'm not saying i'm trying to justify what i have, I've had this stuff for a long long time, cept for a some of them. And Shinji, I would be very very careful what u say now a days.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Ooh...Gendo, you have been beaten. The fact that the dubbing companies may turn some into a shell compared to their original version, you're still robbing the companies. Theft is theft and its immature to attempt to justify it the way you do.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

This is true!

I'm just going to give you guys a courtesy rundown of the anime industry...Gooooo history lessons!

In Japan, to aquire DVDs, you have to have quite the wallet. Less then 15% of the DVDs that have been released in Japan have MORE THAN 2 episodes per disc...So to sum it up, 85% of all anime DVDs that have been released in Japan contain 1-2 episodes. Pretty ******, eh? To boot, the cheapest you can find anime DVDs in Japan would be about 40 dollars US...Not bad compared to the 20 dollars we pay, wouldn't you say?

So what's next? Well, you people say that anime gets butchered. This is not the case. Sure, a lot of dubbing may be poorly done, but that's the purpose of DVDs. There are very few DVDs that you will find that don't have both the English dub track and the Japanese track w/ English subtitles...And for the people who say anime is edited when it's brought over, I just don't know what to tell you. It's not. Sure, it's edited when it's on TV...But when it's transferred to DVD and then sold, you won't find any scenes missing. Of course, there are a few exceptions to this rule, but they're all hentai titles which I don't find myself watching.

Hope this was semi-informative for some of you.

Shin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo] Now I don't find this anymore of a theft then I find making a copy of a CD for a friend...but maybe I just have messed up morals...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]It depends though. If you copied a CD and gave it to your friend for free...while that is technically theft, I find it acceptable.

But if you distributed on a large scale, I would object to that. That's the kind of theft which could really left companies out of pocket.[/size]

[B]

Theft eh? Kinda hard to be theft when I got it all before it was bought by the companies. Besides, I wouldn't be talking Shinji, U also ran a Hotline server, and i'm sure that a hell of alot of ur anime was "licensed" by companies. And here i'm not saying i'm trying to justify what i have, I've had this stuff for a long long time, cept for a some of them. And Shinji, I would be very very careful what u say now a days. [/B][/QUOTE]

I ran a Hotline server for less than a week, and none of the titles I had were licensed.

Gendo, your argument is ****. If you were informed on the ethics of Fansub/Digisub distrobution (what you're doing), you are supposed to ABANDON ALL LICENSED TITLES THE MINUTE THEY HAVE BEEN ANOUNCED AS LICENSED.

Don't ****ing tell me to be careful. I may be egotistical, I may be an *******, and I may have one hell of a mouth, but at least I have the knowledge and know-how to back it up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]It depends though. If you copied a CD and gave it to your friend for free...while that is technically theft, I find it acceptable.

But if you distributed on a large scale, I would object to that. That's the kind of theft which could really left companies out of pocket.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] On a large scale I understand that is theft, hence the end of Napster, and that is what would get Akito in trouble if they were liscensed in America. But on a small scale it is not illegal to make a copy and distribute it for free, hence give it to a friend, as long as you are not doing it for profit...At least I'm pretty sure[/color]