Zen Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 [quote name='Mykul'][B]Mykul checks thread; finds another cheater.[/B] Another cheater, but this time cheating in the opposite direction. Remember, stories should be exactly 6 words.[/QUOTE] [color=royalblue][size=1] Le sigh... [b]"Vodka is such a cruel mistress..."[/b][/color][/size]
Gavin Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 [SIZE="1"]I suppose these could be considered a duology. [B]The Dark Side: We Have Cookies. The Light Side: Ours Are Better.[/B][/SIZE]
Allamorph Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [FONT=Arial][pindent=2]I really don't enjoy being snobbish about stuff, but in the future of this thread I would really like to see more efforts at actual stories, with at least some degree of depth not subject to debate. Right now I see several slogans, and one or two news headlines (and a meme, I think), and that severely detracts from the initial literary intent of this thread.[/pindent][pindent=2]Every person who has posted so far, including me?although I am looking quite hard at [COLOR=DarkRed]Gavin[/COLOR]?is capable of spending enough time to frame some degree of implied story in their submissions. I don't discourage fun, by any means, but I would rather not devolve into inanity.[/pindent] [INDENT]?The Basement[/INDENT] [pindent=2]Also, hooray at nifty new BB code!! :animesmil[/pindent][/FONT]
Shy Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [size=1][b]The moderator's pleas were never heard. Nobody loves a murderer. She did. It wasn't divorce until Virginia confessed.[/b] -Shy[/size]
Gavin Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][pindent=2]although I am looking quite hard at [COLOR=DarkRed]Gavin[/COLOR][/pindent][/FONT][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]:rolleyes: [B]He stared. She bled. Love died.[/B] [b]We danced together quietly. Music unheeded.[/b] [b]Rat-Boy's cat ironically went blind.[/b] ^_~ [b]Life goes on. But eventually stops.[/b][/SIZE]
Epitome Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [size=1][color=#4863A0][b]He played russian roulette; He died He sat; He ate; He left Stop, drop and roll; It works[/b] Meh I don't think I'm too good at this.[/size][/color]
Horendithas Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][b]Rat-Boy's cat ironically went blind.[/b] ^_~[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I?m quite sure that if the cat understood the concept of God, it would be sending prayers of thanks in that direction. Anyway? [B] White dress; starting small. Eternal vows[/B]. [/COLOR]
Ellerby Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I feel like there should be more to this thread. Maybe each time you post a story (or more, depending on how you feel) you should also write a couple lines about a previous persons story and what you think it was about. That way we can get some discussion flowing. What do you guys think? [b]Beneath the robes, there was nothing.[/b] This is more inspired by the book I'm currently reading. The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells. I'll do another one since that was a bit of a rip-off, haha. [b]Note to self: Buy more paper.[/b][/COLOR][/FONT]
Decay Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [quote]Beneath the robes, there was nothing.[/quote] This makes me think of nudity... :animeswea [quote]We danced together quietly. Music unheeded.[/quote] I like this one. Something about it is really sad and nostalgic. Here's a few more throws from me! [B]The night was colder than ever.[/B] [B]He fell, finally, a broken man.[/B] [B]If only the flames would die...[/B]
The Spectacular Professor Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][b]Rat-Boy's cat ironically went blind.[/b][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]Ace can't decide if that's cheating.[/B][/FONT]:therock:
Allamorph Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [FONT=Arial]Hyphenated means one word. [B]The chest opened, revealing...another map.[/B] ------------------------------- [quote name='Decay']He fell, finally, a broken man.[/quote] This reminds me of Faramir at the end of the Second Battle of Osgiliath. Alternately, it could also describe Denethor II during his fatal fiery fall. However, I much prefer the opposite angle to that sort of death: fulfillment instead of ruin, much as Borimir died. (Ye gods, how did I get off so heavy on LotR? :p)[/FONT]
Neko Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [B]"I couldn't believe it wasn't butter"[/B] - random [B]"He passed away with his pride"[/B] - foolish hero stereotypes [B]"Level 9999. I guess I lose."[/B] - my response to Item God in [U]Disgaea[/U].
Mykul Posted June 7, 2008 Author Posted June 7, 2008 [quote name='8bit']I feel like there should be more to this thread.[/QUOTE] I was considering taking a page out of Sabrina's book and setting up a prose contest... thoughts? Oh, and good idea about the discussion, Mr. Bit. [QUOTE]The chest opened, revealing...another map.- Allamorph[/QUOTE] I like it. Very different from most of the pieces so far. It has a "Medias Res" feel to it. [QUOTE]Nobody loves a murderer. She did.- Shy[/QUOTE] One of my favorites so far. I think this piece is one of the few that gives you a very strong story -or rather, sense of an incomplete story- in 6 words.
Gavin Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 [SIZE="1"][b]Hearts skipping. His lips met hers.[/b] - The end to a first date. [b]Tires squeel. Scream. Thump. Too late.[/b] - A car accident. [/SIZE] [quote name='Neko'][B]"He passed away with his pride"[/B] - foolish hero stereotypes.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]I quite like this one, reminds me of Derek Mahon's Antarctica, which similarly deals with the futility of heroism based on certain beliefs.[/SIZE] [quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Hyphenated means one word.[/FONT][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]Ah, thanks, wasn't sure if we were counting them as one or two.[/SIZE]
Aaryanna Posted June 17, 2008 Posted June 17, 2008 [COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][b]Tires squeel. Scream. Thump. Too late.[/b] - A car accident. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]You don't need an accident for your heart to skip a beat when you're driving a car. XP That sound of a wreck, even if it's not you is pretty nerve wracking. Anyway... Diploma: an accolade to her triumph. [/FONT][/COLOR]
pfisland Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 alright. this was a productive half hour of my time coming up with these. in general, goodbyes kind of suck. I'm still in love with you. very sick puppy needs good home. child in jail for premeditated murder. depleted energy supplies threaten all life. sleep deprived, now I can't eat. realization of life means pending death. anthrax covered fries served in cafeteria. I embrace what all others fear. years later and she hasn't matured. our mother always loved him more. severed head found in bowling bag. he died seven years ago today.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now