OtakuBoards

Anime Characters vs. Non-Anime Characters, who would be good foils or matches

onenuttytanuki

This is probably getting into a whole weird fan fic terriory. Have you ever been watching something not Anime and thought hey I wonder what would if this character meet up with such and such from this Anime/manga.? What ones have passed through your mind?
For example: Lupin the 3rd vs. Diabolik

For those who don't know here's a link to the wiki on Diabolik and Lupin the Third.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabolik[/url]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ars%C3%A8ne_Lupin_III[/url]

It just seems that a face off or chance meeting between the two could prove to be interesting in the right hands. Both are master thiefs with character traits that almost mirror each other.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]The gang from Scooby Doo versus L from Death Note. Who can solve the mystery first? It's not exactly a battle or anything, but I guess it's not so different from what you're suggesting with Lupin III. Anyway, I don't think Shaggy and the gang stand much of a chance.

Kenshin Himura(Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X) versus Beatrix Kiddo(Kill Bill). Both use over-the-top sword skills against hordes of opponents. Their personalities don't really match up, but who cares? It would be an epic clash.

I feel so nerdy right now.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) vs. Mr. Fantastic, because of the rubber thing. There's no way Luffy would lose this one, though.

Train Heartnet (Black Cat) vs. Dirty Harry. This would just be too funny is all.

Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist) vs. Spider-Man. Here's the deal. I wanted them to have different powers so the fight would be less one-sided. After all, Mustang isn't immune to fire. On top of that, Spidey's snarky personality would probably frustrate the Colonel pretty easily, making him attack more aggressively and provide more overall entertainment. Unfortunately, I think Spidey would win this one. He's just got more up his sleeve.

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto) vs. Superman. Because I'm a sadist jerk who just wants to see the little punk get the stuffing kicked out of him.:angel:[/FONT]

Sauske versus The Batman.

Yes, you heard me. Sasuke versus the God Damn Batman. What, are you retarded or something? Batman would rip out Sasuke's guts out before he had a chance to perform any jutsu.

Dr. Manhatten versus Aizen would be an interesting fight as well. How could Aizen destroy a man whose first "trick" was reconstructing his particles from a primitive level? We are talking about an entity that can disassemble a gun just by looking at it. He can make himself a giant with just a thought. He was the one being that made the Soviet Union trully afraid of the United States.

Yeah, Dr. Manhatten would win, no question. It would be a cool fight to see nonetheless. :D

[SIZE="1"][B]Afro Samurai[/B] [Afro Samurai] vs. [B]Mace Windu[/B] [Star Wars]

Just for the epic-ness that would be created from Samuel L. Jackson fighting himself, granted Mace has the Force to call on, but Afro did beat a robot cut from the same slightly clichéd cloth as General Grievous.

[B]Jin[/B] [Samurai Champloo] vs. [B]Wolverine[/B] [X-Men]

With Wolverine's samurai back-story, I'm sure there'd be some kick-*** dialogue before what could only be an awesome fight. Granted Jin's katana mightn't hold up against Wolverine's adamantium claws, so he'd probably need a new set of swords before the fight, and of course Wolverine has enhanced strength, senses and healing factor, but he'd probably do a Kenpachi and hold back some of his strength to make it a fair fight.[/SIZE]

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]How about "Macross" Vs. "Battletech"? Both sides feature military groups whose piloted giant robot are just realistic war machines with no super power powers. Their abilities seem somewhat alike (like firepower for instance), so there's a good match here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Another good match would be the original "Powerpuff Girls" against "Powerpuff Girls Z" as their superheroine task forces seem to share the same powers, so they can put their abilities to the test while facing each other, to see which PPG group is the superior.[/FONT]