Raiha Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Today we take a closer look at the bastardization of the English language and the lovely words that it has spawned that sound dirty, racist, unacceptable socially etc, but in fact are harmless. Your job is to find one, give a few synonyms, a definition, use it in a complete sentence, and then have a good laugh at your cleverness. I pick [b]niggardly[/b]. Def: grudging: petty or reluctant in giving or spending; "a niggardly tip" Syn: Stingy, miserly. "Seeing her sadness he felt like the most [b]niggardly[/b] coward alive, having denied her access to his own feelings.[/FONT][/COLOR]
The Spectacular Professor Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]Masticate:[/B] To break down food by grinding it with your teeth. Chew. "Many people [B]masticate[/B] up to 20 times a day."[/FONT]
desertphoenix Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"][COLOR="Black"]Wenis[/COLOR]: the area of rough skin on the elbow. "My [COLOR="Black"]wenis[/COLOR] is clearly bigger than yours." [/COLOR][/FONT]
Allamorph Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [FONT=Arial]Let's use actual words, [COLOR="DarkRed"]desert[/COLOR], instead of middle-school juvenile slang. [B]ejaculate[/B] ? [I]n.[/I] to utter suddenly or briefly; exclaim, cry. [I]"I have the solution!" he ejaculated, leaping from his seat.[/I][/FONT]
desertphoenix Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Fine, fine. [COLOR="Black"]Uvula[/COLOR]: the hanging flap of flesh in the back of the mouth. I wonder if anyone remembers where these lines came from. "I think that's its [COLOR="Black"]uvula[/COLOR]". "Oh, so it's a girl house"![/COLOR][/FONT]
chibi-master Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [quote name='desertphoenix'][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Fine, fine. [COLOR="Black"]Uvula[/COLOR]: the hanging flap of flesh in the back of the mouth. I wonder if anyone remembers where these lines came from. "I think that's its [COLOR="Black"]uvula[/COLOR]". "Oh, so it's a girl house"![/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE] Monster House...
visualkei Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]Masticate:[/B] To break down food by grinding it with your teeth. Chew. "Many people [B]masticate[/B] up to 20 times a day."[/FONT][/QUOTE] You took the word I was gonna use. =]. I remember when I was in 9th grade, the kids had a cow when they first heard the teacher use it. erect - adj - upright, often referring to posture or position of some thing. "He sat erect at his desk, ready to learn."
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now