Ikeor

First this made me:mad:
Then it made me:animedepr
Then I :animecry:for anyone that believed it
then I:confused:if the writer was being serious or not

check it out

[url]http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html[/url]

Guest Crimson Spider
You know, I could have sworn that this was posted on this forum before. That, or something very similar.

Ah, nothing quite like an example where computer illiteracy comes head to head with a computer problem. I know that my parents and all my relatives are so computer illiterate they don't even know about concepts such as "scrolling", "windows", and "search engine".

Thankfully there are programs out there to increase computer literacy, and hopefully people will learn that Flash is not a hacking program.

Chances are this has been discussed on the forums before, a qyucj check of rhe url reveals that this article was archived from December 2001.

So if your child likes using open sourced software, dislikes your ISP, grows a crazy anime hair style, changes his/her attitude and such, you've got a hacker, oooh! Unfortunately that's about every teenager on the planet so it looks like AOL have quite a situation on their hands.

I love how this article reads like a blatant Ad for AOL, suggesting this ISP in all cases of supected "hacking." Had it not been for the references to changes in appearance and attitude being a sign of a hacker, I'd have dismissed it as the ravings of a tech un-savvy older person rather than the brilliant work of satirical fiction it is.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Ikeor']then I:confused:if the writer was being serious or not[/QUOTE]I seriously doubt that they really were. It was amusing to read though. :D I had fun laughing at the other articles it links to on the right side.

This title: ' [B]The Adequacy.org Guide to Cheap Legal Highs: Garlic[/B]" really made me giggle a lot. Hehehe[/FONT][/COLOR]

If the author wasn't being serious then I tip my hat off for him being hilarious. if however he was serious:animedepr no words need be said.

"Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

"If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips"

"Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms"

[B]AND THE BEST OF THEM ALL[/B]

"BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker"

:excited:

[SIZE="1"]Bets that this article was written by Jack Thompson anonymously anyone ? :animesmil

It's definitely just a joke, although given how technologically ignorant some people are today, let alone nearly seven years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if there were elements of truth to it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='PWNED']
[I]
Does this mean that we are all hackers for aobut 5 or 6 years?[/I][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Papyrus"]Well when you think about it, kids generally rebel in their own way. Considering technological advancement [and how long the internet has been around], it's only natural for teens to be "rebellious" online.

I remember reading this article years ago when I was in that 5-6 year period at high school. Back in the day when we used to be able to use MS Frontpage to figure out someone's Hotmail Password XD. It's obviously a joke article, but when I think of the things we used to get up to with the most silly of tools...there is an element of truth to it.

[SPOILER]Ha! Just remembered a friend of mine managed to "hack" the school phone system through acquiring all of the extension numbers and wreaking havoc in classrooms everywhere. Most amusing[/SPOILER][/FONT]