OtakuBoards

Population Zero: Backstage

Vicky

[SIZE="1"]Wow, sorry for the huge delay, guys. I've been busy helping my parents get everything moved into our new house. I'll definitely have it up sometime today, though.

(Apologies especially to you, Vicky, I know you want to start up the new chapter :catgirl:)[/SIZE]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]It's cool, but I won't be starting a new chapter until we're all rounded up (sorta) and out of danger because the next chapter is going to start with an extract from the book Chase found.

At some point I might be cool and make a freewebs site to put all these extracts on and all the little bits of information that will appear. How does that sound? =)[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Sounds like fun! :catgirl:

It can be like a sort of 'Population Zero' extra material site. Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

Lemme know if you want help with anything, code-wise. Along with drawing anime stuff and storytelling, that's just about all I'm good at, and I take every opportunity that I can to show off. :catgirl:[/SIZE]

[size=1]Strictly speaking, there are no turns, haha.

I'm planning on moving the chapter over in my next post which is why I wanted to give you guys a chance to round up. Chase is, really, sat on his arse at the moment refusing to move and Neko has a post planned so I'm going to give her some time to flesh that out before we move on.[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Alrighy, it's up :catgirl:.

Since we seemed to have reached a pretty climactic moment by the end of Mr. Blonde's post, I worked reeeally hard to make mine look good, so it'd better be fuckin' epic.

At any rate, yes, that [I]was[/I] horribly out of character of Ilya to do. Sometimes, people act differently under intense pressure or emotion. At any rate, she's pretty much pushed herself [I]way[/I] beyond what she should've. Don't expect her personality to reflect any of what she's just pulled off - when she wakes up, she'll be back to her normal, prim n' proper self. She's gonna feel HORRIBLE about holding Chase up at gunpoint to help out, although I'm sure that won't spare her any verbal abuse from him. :catgirl:

Sorry, Vicky, but I used six of your bullets. I don't know how many shots the gun had when you found it, aside from that full magazine, but you can't have any more than twenty-four shots left. Sorry.[/SIZE]

[size=1]Very nicely done. But are you staying in first person now or switching back? (not that I mind at all since it's still easy to follow the story either way).

I'm multi-tasking at the moment (since I'm wagging college again) so I'm writing the new chapter post, making a freewebs website (I forgot how shit it is...) and double checking everyone's histories and dates so I don't screw up with this diary stuff. Fun fun fun.

So this next chapter is called [B]Honey and Sulphur[/b] (actually Sulfur for you Americans but Sulphur looks far more sophisticated! =p) and we'll be venturing into the city near the lab. This time around we won't find as many wolves as we did because there's not enough room with all the remaining buildings for a forest to thrive - we'll be looking at rodent type animals and a few odd ones that escaped from the zoo.

This is sort of like an explore chapter and won't be too long. We'll be finding out where we are in the world and, hopefully, our characters will get on long enough to formulate a plan. Then I can start deciding what we've got in store for the next chapters.

I did intend for something really big and cool to happen this chapter but I decided to leave it a little later on =p.[/size]

[SIZE="1"]I'll be switching back to limited third person, probably. I decided that my standard posts would be done in the normal third-person narration, reserving my crazy first-person style for moments involving unusually large amounts of internal dialog, emotions and the like (such as our predicament just now).

Sulfer vs. Sulpher? You british people always [I]did[/I] love to cheat at scrabble...(points for the comedian reference?) Looking forward to the new scenario; rodents aren't really Ilya's strong suit, for obvious 'icky' reasons, not to mention she's already had a bad experience with one...*is deviously awaiting* :catgirl:[/SIZE]

[size=1]http://populationzero.webs.com/

It's so basic I almost killed myself.

Anyway, nothing flashy, but this is where the info will go. I'm working on a more detailed time line and would like to know what everyone else wants on it. I hope you guys don't mind but I put your character profiles up so, basically, we don't have to keep looking for the Auditions thread to refer back.

Also, since we're done with the first chapter, I'll take requests! What kind of adventures do you guys want to see? Anyone got an idea? So far we have the Spidermunk, which I'm actually going to incorporate somewhere =p.

(Also if the site works like it should I'll PM you guys the username and password to update it yourself).[/size]

[SIZE="1"]This may sound stupid of me, but Spidermunk = wut?

At any rate, I though it might be nifty if we used the site as a sort of secondary material reference, or repository of 'extra stuff' like short stories and whatnot of our characters' pasts, or any other random thing that comes to mind.

So far, I could see this adventure taking any number of directions. Man vs. Nature, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse (my personal vote, even though this seems highly unlikely so far). Action, drama, mystery, horror. Anything could be possible so far; everything's been left open and nothing's been explained yet, so the entire situation is completely open to speculation. I'm excited. :catgirl:[/SIZE]

[size=1]Well, on the subject of aliens, I've actually ruled 'em out for an explanation at the moment but it's definitely not an absolute ruling =p.

Also, if anyone does have some short stories they want to put on the site, send me a message and I'll make sections for each character and stuff like that.

I'm still working on what happened to humanity so don't think I've decided the fate just yet, I'm still picking up stuff I can use throughout the game, all open to interpretation =p.[/size]

[SIZE=1]I kind of figured the actual 'how' of humanity's fall hadn't been determined, just throwing some ideas around. When I read the story (especially considering the graphic, gritty nature of all the images and dividers you've made), the whole thing just sort of screams 'I am Legend'. The transition between Man vs. Nature to Man vs. ?????, if there is to be one, doesn't even have to happen until much, much later, depending on how fast the four characters piece together / run into whatever caused the 'vanishing' of humanity.

It took me a good six or so seconds of looking at the Spidermunk picture to realize what was so strange about it. My brain must be out to lunch...

At any rate, Vicky, I think I'm gonna get to work pulling some extra material together for the site. I needed a good excuse to dust off my tablet, anyways. :catgirl:

[B]EDIT:[/B] Chase was delightfully heavy-handed in your post, Vicky. I'm sure Ilya's gonna be having nightmares for years, haha.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Neko'][SIZE=1]

[B]EDIT:[/B] Chase was delightfully heavy-handed in your post, Vicky. I'm sure Ilya's gonna be having nightmares for years, haha.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I hope I played that part alright XD Let'm know if there's a problem. I wanted to give the impression that he's a bit of a whack job when it comes to being 'the best' and he's a delightful manipulating horrible monster.

Who can sometimes be nice, in a sarcastic way.[/size]

Yeah, that was interesting Vicky. XD I saw a side of Chase I kind of expected was there, but it was still surprising to see it come out.

Anyways, Thanksgiving was keeping me busy but I can make a post this weekend I think. I just need to know what our plans are. Where are we heading for here? Should I just maybe have Chiyoko try to talk to Ilya maybe, Neko?

[SIZE="1"]Vicky: no problem at all :catgirl: I like it, I find that it gives us even more reason to dislike Chase (cuz, you know, we didn't have enough already, ha!), and it has potential to be a factor behind Ilya's increasing...[I]instability[/I].

Nessaja: Seems like a fine idea! I was getting kind of bothered that I didn't seem to be paying enough attention to Chiyoko in my past post or two, so some interaction between Chiyoko and Ilya is A-Okay by me. Just don't expect Ilya to talk about what just went down. If she seems upset about something, she'll most likely do her best to hide it and pretend everything's fine. Chiyoko';s been acting as the likable but neutral-ish character so far, but I'm hoping she gets her chance to shine soon. :catgirl:[/SIZE]

Thanks Neko. ^^ Yeah, I hope she gets her chance to shine too.

Oh and I was thinking, since Chiyoko obviously doesn't know what happened, that she would be mistaken about it and think that Ilya is upset about Echota dying or something like that. So she'll try to sympathize with Ilya, not realizing what really upset her. How does that sound?

[SIZE="1"]Sounds good by me! :catgirl:

And since Ilya is a good-natured girl, she'll go along with Chiyoko's assumption, seeing as how A) she's (actually) very good at hiding her emotions, and B) she really [I]is[/I] upset about Echota's death, anyways. It'll be a good chance for some heart-to-heart type stuff.[/SIZE]

Okay, Neko. ^^ You can continue the heart to heart from there. Mostly because I don't know if Ilya ever had a dog of her own or not. :animeswea (I'll PM you Vicky, about Chiyoko's dog later if you want to add it to the website.)

Also, I didn't make Ilya say anything since I don't know how she would react, so I'll let you judge how the heart to heart will go, Neko. Oh and I hope I got it right that Ilya wouldn't be too embarrassed about being naked around Chiyoko. I didn't think so, since they both are similarly dressed (or undressed I guess =P ) and are both girls .

[size=1]I'm going to try and get a post up after someone else but I don't have my other laptop, which is the one without the sticky keyboard. That and I'm still recovering from the weekend...

I'll probably jazz up the site a bit while I'm at it though.[/size]

[SIZE=1]If there's anything we can do to contribute to the website, by all means, let us know!

I'm currently trying to work out how I want Ilya and Chiyoko's conversation to pan out, but once I think up a nice, juicy idea, I'll begin typing - unless, of course, Mr. Blonde or Vicky are keen on putting up the next post. I [I]do[/I] have a tendency to get the urge to start typing after reading any post that's not made by me, but I'm trying to hold back a bit, because taking up two out of the past three posts seems a bit unfair on my part. :catgirl:

Once I find a scanner, I've got a nifty little picture for you guys. This story inspired me to put pencil to paper again, after about five months of artistic absence. [/SIZE]