Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Ok, I've been on other forums and I see one thing that always sticks out to me. They call it a chat box, it's like a mini chatroom for the members of the site that just want to chat instead of post. I don't know if these things cost money or how to get one, but I'm sure some others would like this as well.
Posted
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm pretty sure that it'd be no big deal to get a chatbox, I'll pass the word onto James to see. That'd be pretty neat though. [/FONT]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]At this stage the only chat system we offer is here:

[url]http://www.theotaku.com/chat/[/url]

That chat is our official chat, for both theOtaku and OtakuBoards. It's a bit cumbersome to go to a different page, admittedly, but it's really a great chat system and many OB members also have accounts at theO.

Maybe we can integrate that chat into OB in future, I'm not sure. If it's possible though it might be something we can do. Short of that, it might be a good idea for us to link to the chat system from OB. I'll see what we can do.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Hope you're enjoying OB. :catgirl:[/font]
Posted
[quote name='James'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][URL]http://www.theotaku.com/chat/[/URL]
...
Short of that, it might be a good idea for us to link to the chat system from OB.[/FONT][/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]I was thinking about mentioning theO's chat but I wanted to see what you had to say first. As for linking to the page, that would be very simple. Integrating the chat system into OB would be a bit more difficult though.[/COLOR]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, I figure we can just throw a chat link up on the left nav menu there.

Integration - if it's possible - is something we can discuss for OB Revo I think.[/font]
Posted
[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Blue"]For the time being though, we can probably make things feel a little more integrated by asking Adam to add an official OB room (though that may have been there from the beginning and was removed because it didn't see much use).[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]There was a permanent OB room at first and, yeah, it was removed because no one used it. All the OB peoples just mingled with the theO peoples in the lobby or other rooms.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko'][COLOR=#4b0082]There was a permanent OB room at first and, yeah, it was removed because no one used it. All the OB peoples just mingled with the theO peoples in the lobby or other rooms.[/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]I thought so but I couldn't remember for some reason. It works well with just one room anyway. Plus, any member can create their own room if they really wanted to make an OB only room.[/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...