OtakuBoards

what...think?

Kittie

do you think that if they tried - they being the government etc. etc. - that they could bring prohibition back? :alcohol:

do you think people of today would stand for it?

perhaps there would be more speak easys'!

what do you think?

:wave:

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I think trying to bring back prohibition would be a waste of time, money, and effort.

However, I REALLY think they need to stiffin the crimes of people who are driving while under the influence. Those people are some of the worst kind out there. I have friends that drive home after having some drinks, and I have to say, I WANT them to get caught, and be forced to pay the price. It would be horrible to think that someone else could DIE, simply because they don't want to take the responsibility and sleep at someone elses house to avoid driving after drinking.

:flaming: I hate hearing about people killed by drunk drivers. . one of those things that just gets me angry. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

woody's right. when prohibition first came around, there was so much bootlegging that the govt. was forced to make alcohol legal again. if anything, the laws are going to get more slack. legalization of marijuana will probably happen soon. marlboro already has a huge stock waiting fo rit.

C'mon, now, you know that the government gets drunk more than us... They wouldn't even try. :laugh:

On an ALMOST unrelated matter, I wonder how the war's going?

No, no, I mean the war on drugs, does the government remember about the war on drugs?;)

That would mean that nearly all the people who drinks acohole, would turn out to be criminals or something like that, since they would be getting achohol [u]illegaly[/u], which means they're in the wrongs, which means they're breking the law..... Sorry, bit of bragging there..... But do you understand what I'm saying? Dunno if its right or anything though.....

[color=deeppink]Bringing back prohibition would be so not good :)

What happened back in the 1920s is exactly what happens today with underage drinkers. If you're under 21, the thrill of getting away with drinking is incredible (well...it's also fun, but you know :angel: ) and that's what happened during prohibition.

If they brought it back, kittie is very correct that there would be TONS of speak easies (hehe), and people would start being thrown in jail left and right for bootlegging.

[quote]Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.[/quote]

I think the government learned from their mistake, and I'm sure it would never happen again :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]woody's right. when prohibition first came around, there was so much bootlegging that the govt. was forced to make alcohol legal again. if anything, the laws are going to get more slack. legalization of marijuana will probably happen soon. marlboro already has a huge stock waiting fo rit. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]If Marlboro has a huge stack of "weed" then I know plenty of people who will not be in line..THANX TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD DRUG DEALER...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Not that it's me....[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]woody's right. when prohibition first came around, there was so much bootlegging that the govt. was forced to make alcohol legal again. if anything, the laws are going to get more slack. legalization of marijuana will probably happen soon. marlboro already has a huge stock waiting fo rit. [/B][/QUOTE]

OH HELL YES! this is great news, im going to pass it asap