OtakuBoards

What is your opinion on emo people?

HelloKittyLover

I had a friend who did not liked to get labeled but at the same time she called her self emo. But the more I hung out with her the more depressed she made me because she would talk about how her life was miserable. I don't talk to her anymore but I haven't had a good experience with the people that are labeled 'emo'.

If someone came up to me and started talking to me I wouldn't judge them on what they look like but only on there personality.

*doesn't know if he actually answered the question*

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]To be as nice as possible about this subject... I think that anybody that calls themselves emo, first off, is just ****ing stupid. This is my opinion of course. Why? Because most of these kids don't even know what emo is. Emo (Emotive Hardcore, Screamo, Emocore, etc.) started out as a genre of punk music that came from hardcore. This was in the 80s. This style of music was chaotic. This style of music had nothing to do with the fashion. Nothing to do with cutting yourself (Unless a band had for some reason actually wrote a song about it), but the name Emo is just short for emotional hardcore.

...Sigh. No one would ever listen to somebody like me, of course. But my question to you is, how can you all of a sudden start calling yourself a genre of music? How is that even possible?

And two, the fashion is actually called scene. I'm completely okay with the fashion, since I do take some aspects of it, and put them into my own personal fashion statements, ha. Scene kids not only wear the clothes, but have to act a certain way (like glamour robots, that is) to be classified as scene kids. Understood? Still not emo.

Anyway, if you really have nothing better in your life to do than to cut yourself, or even just call yourself emo.... Maybe you should stop conforming to that weird view of "being different", and start acting like a mature teenager that doesn't need labels. And also, get a girlfriend or something... losers...

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann][SIZE=1][COLOR=HotPink]...Sigh. No one would ever listen to somebody like me, of course.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Speaking from experience, whenever an intelligent, logical, and factually accurate post is made, the vast majority of people will not only completely skip over it, as if it had never been said, but they will also continue to post in antithesis to it, almost out of spite.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Speaking from experience, whenever an intelligent, logical, and factually accurate post is made, the vast majority of people will not only completely skip over it, as if it had never been said, but they will also continue to post in antithesis to it, almost out of spite.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]That's probably the most false thing I've ever read on OB. And it sounds - dare I say it - almost [i]emo[/i]. :animeknow

I think that posts which make a good point are often recognized as such. Posts that state the obvious probably aren't recognized so much because, well, [i]they state the obvious[/i]. Most people aren't going to respond just to say "Yes I agree!"

My mind keeps going back to that kid in the mini van.[/font]

[quote name='James][FONT=franklin gothic medium']That's probably the most false thing I've ever read on OB.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Really?

[I]Really?[/I]

I don't expect a gold star or anything, but I do expect a lot of people to completely blow off Whoa, Mann's post (which has thus far been the most accurate in the thread), because a lot of people care more about getting their own two cents in, rather than about what has already been said.

Back on topic[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote=Whoa, Mann][SIZE=1][COLOR=HotPink]To be as nice as possible about this subject... I think that anybody that calls themselves emo, first off, is just ****ing stupid. This is my opinion of course. Why? Because most of these kids don't even know what emo is. Emo (Emotive Hardcore, Screamo, Emocore, etc.) started out as a genre of punk music that came from hardcore. This was in the 80s. This style of music was chaotic. This style of music had nothing to do with the fashion. Nothing to do with cutting yourself (Unless a band had for some reason actually wrote a song about it), but the name Emo is just short for emotional hardcore.

...Sigh. No one would ever listen to somebody like me, of course. But my question to you is, how can you all of a sudden start calling yourself a genre of music? How is that even possible?

And two, the fashion is actually called scene. I'm completely okay with the fashion, since I do take some aspects of it, and put them into my own personal fashion statements, ha. Scene kids not only wear the clothes, but have to act a certain way (like glamour robots, that is) to be classified as scene kids. Understood? Still not emo.

Anyway, if you really have nothing better in your life to do than to cut yourself, or even just call yourself emo.... Maybe you should stop conforming to that weird view of "being different", and start acting like a mature teenager that doesn't need labels. And also, get a girlfriend or something... losers...
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Yes, I agree!

[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=741688&postcount=66"]click[/URL]

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Metalcore501']I laugh and tell them to back up or ill cut them with my razorblade,[/QUOTE]

Ooh big tough guy now! A razorblade, oh boy, better leave this guy alone, he means business...

The trend in itself only made a "comeback" because modern society loves gravedigging subcultures that should've been left dead in the '80s and '90s.

Take for example, the batcavers, those that still listen to Peter Murphy drone on and on about Bela Lugosi being dead and dance horribly to Joy Division...don't you guys get it? No one's cared about goth music since the '80s.

It's just the same here. Emo sucked in the '80s, it sucked in the early '90s, and it sucks now.

What do you bet in 10 years all the cool kids are going to be greasers?

[quote name='Doc Holliday']Ooh big tough guy now! A razorblade, oh boy, better leave this guy alone, he means business...[/QUOTE]

Ha.

Sarcasm doesn't fly here (if you're not the right person). Otaku is where dry, "racy" humor comes to die. I've been scolded many times so I know. But cheers, buddy. I'm sure somehow I'll get a warning for saying that to you as well.

[quote name='Doc Holliday']
What do you bet in 10 years all the cool kids are going to be greasers?[/QUOTE]

I already have my leather jacket and comb ready, go grease lighting.

Some of the kids thought to be "cool" in my HS were dorks, like really big nerds. But they wore Abercrombie and Fitch so they were cool... Ah... nothing like peaking when you're 17...

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Sienna"]I see it like this:

Look at me! I'm different cause I'm emo! [silence]

Just the current attention seeking fad as others have said. Every person I've known who does it is just a brat whining for attention. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Doc Holliday']My gang is going to be called the Tunnel Snakes.

And thanks for the warning. I tend to step over the line in regards to humor when I don't know what the lines are.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I feel your plight. Maybe now I have someone else on here to stand against the machine with me. Viva la revolucion!

If we're starting a gang we need a cool insignia that is stylishly embroidered on our black leather jackets.

[quote name='Mr. Blonde']If we're starting a gang we need a cool insignia that is stylishly embroidered on our black leather jackets.[/quote]

OOOH! Ooooh! Pick me! PICK ME!!!

Around where I live, if you're not a prep, an emo, or someone who doesn't pick on me [I]specifically[/I], you're either a Narutard or an outcast.

And why people pick on me specifically? I'd say it, but it's pointless.

To put it simply, I'm not for emos, or preps, or emo narutards, as well as Sasuke fangirls, because if you are of any of the preps or Sasuke fangirls, stay away from me. My hatred for Sasuke burns hotter than my intense love for Kakashi and watching Kakashi try to feed Naruto veggies.

Ok, for real this time. I don't mind emos (or whatever you want to call them *cough*sasukeemulators*cough*), just don't push your beliefs on me. You'll pretty much get the same answer from me when asked about religion: I don't mind any of the religions (heck, if you actually try Jashinism, Hidan's religion, I don't even mind!), just don't try to convert me from my religiously-neutral (as I call it) state.

Oy... I think I didn't make as much sense as I thought...

Oh, and when I think about emos from my area, I think Sasuke. Anyone care to explain to me why that occurs? I have no idea why...

Okay, I think "emo" is being blown out of proportion. I don't really think there are any "emo people" as this thread's name states, there is no race, religion, or anything of the sort besides a style of music that is "emo". With the exception of a certain chicken butt haired character that shall remain nameless for my sanity's sake, but we all knew that. It's a TREND, people, not anything else.

[quote]Really?

[i]Really?[/i]

I don't expect a gold star or anything, but I do expect a lot of people to completely blow off Whoa, Mann's post (which has thus far been the most accurate in the thread), because a lot of people care more about getting their own two cents in, rather than about what has already been said.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Well, again, people are here to submit their opinion aren't they? On that basis I could criticize anyone for submitting an idea rather than following up on a previous post. Lame.

I mean, I figure that instead of whinging about it, it's probably better to just realize that it's a totally normal part of what happens on any forum and to move on. I'm sure most people post tons of stuff that never gets directly addressed by another member - but that doesn't mean it wasn't read/acknowledged in the first place.

So don't accuse everyone of blowing off his post just because everybody didn't reply to it and say [i]"Yes! I hear you!"[/i]

In any case, I'm admittedly surprised to see so much cynicism surrounding "emo" and what it means. I kind of expected the younger members at least to defend something of it... so that's interesting.

Then again, I guess it reflects the idea that "emo" is definitely more of a trend/fad than anything else. At least, that seems to be how most people view it.[/font]

[quote name='Mr. Blonde']If we're starting a gang we need a cool insignia that is stylishly embroidered on our black leather jackets.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][URL="http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2605/gurrenbanderayh7.jpg"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Click.[/U][/COLOR][/URL]

You may thank me by procuring one of the aforementioned leather jackets for me.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I shall now put my post in a format with Corn's (of TheOtaku, cause I'm not sure she's on the 'Boards) E-card, "Emo Cereal", which features Sasuke "emo" Uchiha.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][URL]http://www.theotaku.com/cards/creations/28172/37c87542d04312eef8e4288cbe0eb2bc/[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]You gotta admit, Corn does a helluva good job on her E-cards.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]And yes. Sasuke's hair does look like a chicken's butt.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
You may thank me by procuring one of the aforementioned leather jackets for me.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

not bad Ace, but I was thinking of something more along the lines of this:

[url]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5343/unsavedproject600x600fx6.jpg[/url]

Did my actions just spark the creation of a rival gang?

I think so...

[quote name='Tetra of sound'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][URL]http://www.theotaku.com/cards/creations/28172/37c87542d04312eef8e4288cbe0eb2bc/[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

To answer your question, yes, indeed I was talking about that *BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*. And how could he NOT be considered emo?!

And sorry, Blonde...Ace's logo looks much cooler.