OtakuBoards

The Chasers: Justice has a face.

Mr. Blonde

Okay, I'll try to get my sign up posted by Monday.

I was thinking of going for a character a long the lines of the Rocketeer (if you are familiar with that character, Blonde. If not, I'll try to find some information on him.)

Not exactly like the Rocketeer of course, but something like it involving believable technology, etc for the time period.

[B]EDIT: Actually, I had a good idea. My character will be called Lady Luck. And if it's okay for the RP, she'll just be extra lucky. (There was some sci-fi story where a character was bred to be extra lucky, but I can't remember the name of it.)

How does that sound?[/B]

I remember the Rocketeer, ha, nice. I actually just saw that movie again for the first time in like ten years the other day.

Lady Luck, good name.

As far as her being "extra lucky" that doesn't neccesarily have to be a special ability. I'll allow you to work out your character's back story obviously, but maybe... she was raised by Gypsies that told her she was destined for good fortune and that it would guide her for her entire life. Just throwing an idea out there, work it however you see fit.

[url]http://gypsymagicspells.blogspot.com/2007/11/lucky-leaf.html[/url]

That site has some gypsy lucky charms and signs of good fortune.

Maybe this has given her an ere of confidence, making her try riskier things because she believes she is luckier then the average person, and it's almost always paid off in her favor.

Just a thought; the whole scientifically engineered luck thing kind of seems a bit silly, no offense, but I like the potential for the character and enjoy the name.

Of course do whatever you thinks works the best, its all about how the material is presented. I'm sure you'll come up with something interesting.

Oh I know, it is silly. I wasn't planning on building my character in that way. It was just an example of how it's been done before in other stories. :animeswea

And that's a great idea, Blonde. But when does this RP take place by the way? Because I was thinking of having Lady Luck's birthdate be 7-7-77 (but if that would make her far too old, I'll just keep the month and the day the same.)

[size=1]I have my character! Woohoo!

As far as costumes go, do they have to have masks or something like that? I was a bit aprehensive to go for a 'secret identity' because of the character I have in mind, but I can deal with that if I change it a bit.

I'll post my character when I get a reply.[/size]

Thanks Blonde, that's perfect (I think) for my character. However, she might be only twelve years old. :animesigh So if that's too young, I'll just keep the month and day the same. I kind of wanted to play an older character anyways.

Vicky: Yeah, I forgot all about that. I don't even have a costume planned for my character yet. D=

[quote name='Nessaja']Thanks Blonde, that's perfect (I think) for my character. However, she might be only twelve years old. :animesigh So if that's too young, I'll just keep the month and day the same. I kind of wanted to play an older character anyways.

Vicky: Yeah, I forgot all about that. I don't even have a costume planned for my character yet. D=[/QUOTE]

Twelve might be a bit too young, but I like the idea of an older character, a sort of aging femme fatale... Older but still kicking arse and all that jazz.

Costumes can be whatever you'd like, Vicky. Masks and what not aren't neccesary. Don't take "Secret Identity" too literally, I just wanted people to know I wanted their 'crime fighter' name and not their real name in the sign up, but it's perfectly fine if they're one in the same.

[SIZE=1]Just a quick question: are the only villains we're fighting the organised crime types, or are there costumed supervillains as well? Surely a wave of costumed crimefighters is going to spawn a wave of similarly-costumed bad guys as well, right? Or was that going to be something for later in the story?

Also just realised that the Face is played by Vinnie Jones - interesting choice!
[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]
Also just realised that the Face is played by Vinnie Jones - interesting choice!
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I was waiting for someone to notice that. I think Vinnie Jones has the perfect British gangster face, but I suppose thats just from growing up watching Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Snatch.

There will be comic book type villians, but I'll reveal those later in the RPG and they won't be as black and white as most villians are, for now we'll focus on the gangsters and criminals.

For instance: my first post will be my character breaking into the Treasury Minister's house and... we'll you'll see.

[SIZE=1]The Endless has already capitalised on it, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the police officer I put into my first post, Detective Inspector Mark Rutherford, is an NPC available for anyone to use. I figured what with all these criminals getting murdered, a character in the police force would be a useful one to have around. So please feel free to stick him in your posts if need be.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]In that case, I'm not going to post until after Blonde has - I feel that if I tried to add anything at this stage, it would basically be a repeat of my original post. I need some kind of direction to go in before I make my next post.[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]I feel that if I tried to add anything at this stage, it would basically be a repeat of my original post. I need some kind of direction to go in before I make my next post.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Indeed.

The next round of posting will get more into the meat of the story.

Vicky informed me she plans on posting today, so as soon as her and Darren have posted I'll put mine up and we'll all move forward.