OtakuBoards

So... what did you get for Christmas?

ChibiHorsewoman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]Hmm, maybe he was a woman beforehand?[/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]That was just cold:o.

Alright, if a lava lamp makes you feel empowered and feeling able to take on the world; it brought you into adulthood. Boy to man and girl to woman (unless you decide otherwise). It doesn't have to be a lava lamp. It can be a car, a career, a soul mate, or enlightenment. In my case, when I stare at the floating blobs of wax, I'm thinking, "hey, I almost fell on some ice today, but at least I can come home to a nice warm lava lamp".

[spoiler]Oh wow, I need help[/spoiler]

Oh and Chibi-master, texting might not be your thing now, but just wait a few years when everyone eventually gets a phone. I don't endorse using it to cheat at school, but at least you have a way communicating discreetly in a movie theater or an assembly:animeswea.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='desertphoenix'][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Oh and Chibi-master, texting might not be your thing now, but just wait a few years when everyone eventually gets a phone. I don't endorse using it to cheat at school, but at least you have a way communicating discreetly in a movie theater or an assembly:animeswea.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Bah, humbug, and all that crap.:animesigh

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Well, I have bad news! Remember I said I got a new mp3 player? It just poofed out on me. I can't even get it on! And today is the.........28, right? I only had it for 3 days!:animecry: My little sister got an easel. I'm currently using it to draw a masterpiece! My other sister got her one of those remote control Hummers, too. It's so cool, although whenver I use it, I always end up running over something or hitting someone. :animedepr I also just realized that I got earrings with my necklace. I don't think I'd wear them any time soon, though. :animeswea[/COLOR]

I counted...I have $85 in bills alone...I have who-knows-how-much in coins...

But there's a slight problem...I don't know what to spend all this money on!!!:animedepr I've received gift cards for all the places I would have spent it at, and I hate when money burns a hole in my pocket! AaAaUuGh...

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Indigo"]What did I get...? I got a wii, a cotton candy maker, a matching scarf (my husband got one too), a couple pairs of goofy toe socks, 3 seasons of The Deadliest Catch (YAY!!), a Deadliest Catch long-sleeve shirt, a My Little Pony :3, and a set of diamond earrings.

Score.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='chibi-master']I counted...I have $85 in bills alone...I have who-knows-how-much in coins...

But there's a slight problem...I don't know what to spend all this money on!!!:animedepr I've received gift cards for all the places I would have spent it at, and I hate when money burns a hole in my pocket! AaAaUuGh...[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I spent 40$ of mine over the weekend on gas and Chuck E Cheese for my daughter. Ick I am NEVER eatting there again! Worst food ever! Hasn't improved in twenty friggin' years! It was fun to help her play the games though.

Then I spent about twenty-five more on a pair of grey cords from Old Navy and a new notebook at Target. By the way I saw a bathing suit at Target that I will have to get later. And now I need to find a black sweater and grey shoes and a purse.

But hey Chibi if you don't know what to do with the money maybe you should start up a bank account eh?[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]But hey Chibi if you don't know what to do with the money maybe you should start up a bank account eh?[/color][/QUOTE]

I don't trust banks anymore, what with the recession and all.:animedepr

I think I may just spend the money on DS games and a new charger for said DS...mine has gone missing, mysteriosly enough. And the rest I may just safe for books.

[quote name='chibi-master']I don't trust banks anymore, what with the recession and all.:animedepr[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of a guy who, as a kid that lived through the Great Depression, he was always told to never trust banks. So, as an adult, he put all of his money in jars and buried them in his backyard.

[quote name='Matt']That reminds me of a guy who, as a kid that lived through the Great Depression, he was always told to never trust banks. So, as an adult, he put all of his money in jars and buried them in his backyard.[/QUOTE]

Feh! How primitive.:animesigh [I]I[/I] will store my money in the walls of my room. Or I'll just spend it.:smirk:

[quote name='chibi-master']Feh! How primitive.:animesigh [I]I[/I] will store my money in the walls of my room. Or I'll just spend it.:smirk:[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff] To quote a line uttered in [B]'Sex In the City'[/B] "I don't believe in banks, I like to have all my money where I can see it; In my closet.'

And you really don't have to worry about the bank thing because of the recession. YOu really only have to worry if you have a 401K since companies (including mine) aren't matching them anymore.[/color]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Hm.
Fable II, Infinite Undiscovery, Ninja Gaiden II, Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM, a new perfume (Can Can, by Paris Hilton), a Coach pocketbook, 2 sets of pajamas, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set), Barnes and Noble giftcards, a subscription to Game Informer magazine, and Tinkerbelle, that movie about...Tinkerbelle...

I almost can't believe my mother got me all of those games. She's usually the one telling me to quit staying up all night playing video games and interact with other human beings. But, hey, I'm not complaining. :animeswea[/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My gift > All of yours.

I recieved various gifts from my friends and family, but only one transcends above all; A bottle of pure Vermont maple syrup from my girlfriend's parents. I would choose that liquid gold over anything anyone here was given.

It's obvious that my girlfriend's parents love me more than her. Hehe.[/FONT]

[quote name='Stuart'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My gift > All of yours.

I recieved various gifts from my friends and family, but only one transcends above all; A bottle of pure Vermont maple syrup from my girlfriend's parents.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Well my New York State Maple Syrup[B][SIZE="3"] PWNS[/SIZE][/B] your Vermont Maple syrup. :catgirl:

And I'm still waiting on some Christmas gifts from my friend Angel so when I get them you'll know[/color]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"]For Christmas, I got [B]'Ninja Town'[/B] for the Nintendo DS and it's suprisingly a great game. I've always been a fan of ninjas and I love how they defend their town from waves of demons. It's a little too 'cutsey' for my particular liking but the gameplay is awesome. Hugs and kisses to my wife for that decision. For her christmas present, I got new underwear and bras from Victoria Secret.

So in actuality, I got two presents for Christmas, hehe. :D[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]Well my New York State Maple Syrup[B][SIZE="3"] PWNS[/SIZE][/B] your Vermont Maple syrup. :catgirl:[/color][/QUOTE]

Well my Mrs. Butterworth's beats all of your syrups with a bloody pipe!

Anyway, I had a chance to use my Barnes&Nobles gift card, but I accidentally let my dad pay for it! Not like I'm complaining, though!;)

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]Dude my best Christmas gift this year was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi shirt given to me by my friend David.

Awesome.[/color][/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]I'm sorry I'm stupid - for a nanosecond, I thought your friend gave you a dog. Sometimes the ability to skim information quickly is unhelpful.

I got a bunch of stuff for Christmas: The first 13 episodes of Ouran High Host Club (have not watched yet), 2 CDs (Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Soundtrack, and Minutes to Midnight by Linkin Park). And YES I AM OLD - I STILL BUY CDs. Leave me alone. <_<

I also got 3 gift cards, a Chinese dictionary, a book on how to speak French, SOCKS!!!, and a pair of slippers (they look like dogs). There were also some stocking gifts, like a toothbrush, gum, etc.

From people other than my mom, I got another gift card, money, and some jewelry. My mom is really cool about Christmas. I love her.[/color]

[quote name='Roxie Faye'][color=#9933cc]And YES I AM OLD - I STILL BUY CDs. Leave me alone. <_< [/color][/QUOTE]

Uh...I still buy CDs too, and I'm 14. But that may just be because I don't like technology like ipods very much...><

I think I'm going to use my Hot Topic gift card tomorrow...:catgirl:

[FONT="Tahoma"]I was given money for Christmas. I was glad to get it since I needed to have some repairs done to my car. I had a little left over which I used to get some much needed clothing. It seems that no matter how careful I am, the washer always manages to eat my socks. o_O They just... vanish. [/FONT]