OtakuBoards

So... what did you get for Christmas?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff]Well since Christmas eve is tonight for me (it's 12 EST) And I'm curious to see who got what was on their list.

Anyways my mom gave me one of my presents early. I got a large bag of bubble wrap. Wee! So fun!

And I'm still waiting for the stuff my friend Tom got me... and everyone else.

I kinda cheated and opened some gifts from 2 of my out of town friends. I got a sweater, some [B]Warm Vanilla sugar[/B] scented bath stuff from [B]Bath and Body works[/B], some bracelets, [B]Winx Club [/B]stickers and a rather funky looking purse from my friend Lisa and from my friend Michelle I got books 1,6.7.8.9, and 10 of [B]Ouran High School Host Club[/B]. Don't ask why she didn't get me 2-5 instead of 6-10 when she got me 1.

So what did everyone else score?[/color]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I still don't like Christmas so I didn't ask for anything. I did get a few bits off my parents and friends, though. An alarm clock which is a bomb (pretty awesome), some hair stuff, chocolate, beer and fifty quid. I'll be spending the said money on piercings and hair dye.

Doesn't really feel like Christmas, haha.[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Merry Christmas.

I got everything I asked for for the most part, which wasn't much. I needed tires on my car, plus a switch for my windows so he helped me out with the switch, as part of a Christmas present. That was $100 I think. I owe him for the tires though, because I was at work when it was picked up so obviously I couldn't pay. :p

Anyway, I got four movies. Indiana Jones: The Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, G.I. Jane, and Conversations with God. Also the Fourth season of House M.D., Mario Kart DS, and the gamers guide to Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, much needed. A $25 giftcard for Cinemark too.

I'll be getting a few things tomarrow aswell I'm sure, when I drive up to my mom's.

I feel like a kid again, lol.[/SIZE]

[quote name='I, Colossus']Asked for nothing. Got a computer.

I love my daddy. :)

The celebration was shortlived though. My sister had a miscarriage. :([/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]Oh my goodness, honey, I'm so sorry to hear that. She'll be in my prayers.

I got something called a [B]Q-Chord[/B]. It's kind of like a synthesizer?

[IMG]http://www.suzukimusic.co.uk/images/qchord.gif[/IMG]

I don't really know how I feel about it yet. Yes, I'm a music major, but, to be honest, this isn't really anything I'll ever use.

I don't know.

Oh, but I also did get an Edward Monkton book, [I]The Pig of Happiness[/I]

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DVYF08ENL._SS400_.jpg[/IMG]

as well as one of my favorite movies, [I]Garden State.[/I]

[IMG]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/IMAGES/153/942256.jpg[/IMG]

So yay team.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Money is running tight for me this year, so I wasn't able to give as much as I would like. Still, my family is always way too generous. I received more stuff than I could ever possibly use and/or want.

My favorite gift is SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR! This was the only thing I asked for this Christmas. I moved out of my apartment a few months ago, and I guess I forgot to pack those items with me.

Last year I begged my family for pots and pans for my kitchen, and this year I wanted socks. It seems that the gifts are getting less exciting with each passing Christmas, but nine times out of ten I enjoy the practical stuff more.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Aside from the somewhat frugal nature of this year due to my brother and myself starting university overall it was quite a nice haul this year. My parents/siblings/relatives all seem to have finally figured out that unless they directly ask me what I want for Christmas the best present is cold, hard cash, and a nice quantity of it at that.

We usually exchange a few small gifts as well just to have something to open on the day so I got Iron Man on Blu-Ray DVD, which is nice because I dropped a few hints I wanted it as well a new watch so I don't have to look at my phone any time I need to tell time.

Colossus sorry to hear about your sister such a sad thing to have happen.

Oh and yes I second Josh's desire for socks, you can never have enough of them, ever.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]Miscellaneous things. You know, clothes, random stocking stuffers...an Xbox 360...

>_> <_<

[spoiler]I GOT A FRICKEN 360 GOING TO GO WASTE HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF MY LIFE LOLBRB[/spoiler][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Make sure you get a fan- my boyfriend says something in there over heats.

And I Colassis- I'm sorry to hear about your sister. That really is awful during the holidays.

Okay on topic

Let's see last night I got the following:

15$ gas card from my brother and sister-in-law (would've been 20$, but my brother decided he needed cigarettes)

2 pairs of jeans, 4 tank tops (2 black 2 white 2 fancy 1 in black and 1 in white and 1 plain of each), a really nice pale grey sweater kinda in tunic length, 3 pairs of socks, 1/2 of my car repairs covered, pajama pants, a grey shirt with some designs on it and a watch with a butterfly on it from my mom and dad

A purple v-neck sweaterand a small bottle of bubble bath from my friend Lisa (I finally opened the last things)

Then this morning:

A hand mixer with 10 speeds and multiple attachments- I was really glad to get that because I'd worn out the motor on my 3 speed mixer last week when I was trying to make some cake from scratch. :animecry: a cookbook on cupcakes and a cookbook on other desserts- from my parents

And finally this afternoon:

40$ and some chocolate and 4 pairs of socks with Tinkerbell on them from my aunt Marty

50$ from my grandparents

A tin of caramel apple pancake mix (William Sonoma) and some pancake molds from my aunt Kathy and Uncle Dave

I also know I'm getting about 70ft of bubble wrap from my friend Tom, but since they've had a lot of snow in OR he hasn't been able to mail it. I'm also getting fountain pens from my boyfriend and I have no idea what I'm getting from my friend Angel because she hasn't bought it yet.[/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Well, this year my mom gave my sisters and I some money to spend along with buying something big for us. So, what'd I get?

-Star Necklace and earring set.
-Nikki Barbie Doll
Colored Pencils and Pens
Mechanical Pencils and Refill kit
Tinkerbelle Poster Kit
Small Balance Beam
Bracelet
Mp3 player that plays video, music and shows picture and has a radio(i am currently downloading music on there now)
And some other things..................
We celebrated it early because my dad had to work on Christmas. It was still fun, my sisters got a lot of cool stuff, too! I had an awesome Christmas![/COLOR]

Let's see...

The Dark Knight
Batman Boxers
The Godfather Triliogy Boxset
A 9 disc documentary on American History
Army of Two (plan on returning it to put it towards a gaming keyboard)
$10 Best Buy Gift Card
$10 Movie Gift Card
The Witcher: Extended Edition [Bought it myself :D]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]Make sure you get a fan- my boyfriend says something in there over heats.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]The cause of the red ring of death? Yeah, caused by poor ventilation and having the system on for a certain consecutive period of time. I'll see about a fan, but I think just having it well-ventilated will work fine.

And yes, [B]Colossus[/B], I'm very sorry to hear about that. :( I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I really like what i got this year, but then, I'm not a very picky person. I'm just really happy that this year I actually had money to get other people a gift.

-From my sister, who was my secret santa, I got a [B]25$ Zune [/B]card that was hidden behind a box of [B]tropical Mike & Ikes[/B]. She almost had me, but I kept my cool. So far, I bought [B]Frances the Mute [/B]and[B] De-loused [/B]by the Mar Volta. I also bought Common's [B]Universal Mind Control[/B], which was a little different to me than his other albums. I'm saving my left over points for a rainy day.

-My grandparents sent me and my sister's [B]$50[/B] each. I'm really thankful for that. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it right now, so I'm putting that into my savings account.

-My girlfriend was really generous. Initially, she bought a few of her gifts from a fraudulent dealing sword website earlier this month. She was going to get a sweet looking dragon dagger for me, but sadly she figured she got scammed last week. I really hope she gets all of it sorted out soon. She had to get all of her shopping done on Christmas eve. Luckily, she managed to get all she needed to shop for, and she got me my first [B]lava lamp[/B]. Yes, that means I'm officially a man now:mrt:

-I was also happy that I got a gift from my girlfriend's mom. She got me a pretty interesting looking book about the Egyptian Book of the Dead and a issue of [B]Shonen Jump[/B].:animesmil

[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Bag of minty M&Ms even though I dislike chocolate, stick of gum, roll of tape [mom is NOT creative here], three sets of dangly earrings [better], and then a rain check for my actual present which was repairs for my car. Apparently the parts are held up in shipping. *headdesk*

My boyfriend gave me two pairs of 9mm shell earrings in both federal [silver] and regular gold. Also Wall-E, and a tray of persimmons. The persimmons were more for my family though. What else... Grandmother gave me an old fashioned Chinese robe with stiff embroidery [probably an heirloom], and money. Money is good. My dad gave me an REI card to make up for the fact that neither the books he ordered me, or the car parts arrived in time for Christmas.

And another friend gave me "Supreme Courtship" by Christopher Buckley. Judging by the way the first line made me laugh so hard I almost peed... I'll save it for when I'm feeling nice and depressed.

[b]"Supreme Court Associate Justice J. Mortimer Brinnin's deteriorating mental condition had been the subject of talk for some months now, but when he showed up for oral argument with his ears wrapped in aluminum foil, the consensus was that the time had come for him to retire. Thank God, his fellow justices agreed -unanimously, for once- camera weren't allowed in the Court."[/b][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE=1]The cause of the red ring of death? Yeah, caused by poor ventilation and having the system on for a certain consecutive period of time. I'll see about a fan, but I think just having it well-ventilated will work fine.[/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]No, no it will not, most unfortunately. It may make it take longer, but it won't save it. Mine was about as well-ventilated as it could be, and still managed to get it. ((Thank goodness for extended warranties.))[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]Just standard stuff really, some music, books and more anime to watch. =P The real gift though was plane tickets for me and my fiancé to go out and see my parents next year. I'll be gone from the 4th to the 6th of next month. Should be fun since he's met my parents, but not my older brothers. Heh. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kenso'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]No, no it will not, most unfortunately. It may make it take longer, but it won't save it. Mine was about as well-ventilated as it could be, and still managed to get it. ((Thank goodness for extended warranties.))[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]...snap, really?

...Yeah, Thank God for the three-year warranty on the RRoD.

Got one more thing yesterday: bottle of body wash and a 30 dollar gift card to Wal-Mart from my aunt and uncle. Will be using the gift card along with some money I have for ToS2 sometime this weekend.[/SIZE]

Not much, but at least one very special gift.

- $70 cash (probably use it to help pay for a new mp3 player).

- $20 Barnes & Noble gift card.

- Starbucks card (I've never been to a Starbucks before, but I guess there's a first time for everything).

- A copy of the Cinematic Titanic release of "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians", signed by the whole CT crew (gives major glomps to Katana).

[font=trebuchet ms]
- $500
- sunglasses
- wool shorts
- Roger Federer poster

This Christmas was a huge surprise for me. I honestly did not expect anything other than the shorts, but I'm not complainin'. ;) I'm currently hunting for some clothing items that I've wanted for a long time.[/font]

I'm sorry to hear about your sister Colossus.

As for my Christmas the biggest thing that I got was music supplies. I picked up a new stand, chair and small bookshelf for holding my stuff. The fun stuff will be using some of the gift cards I got to pick up more music and books.

Oh and I got some snack foods, those are always nice to have, especially for us lazy college students who prefer something that you don't have to spend time preparing.

[FONT="Arial"]I love Christmas so much! (Yay, materialism).

- Pod XT Live (guitar effects pedal)
- $50 Sam Ash gift card (went towards a microphone stand, clamp, and cover, and a shaky egg)
- $105
- Black and white checker type patterned fedora
- Black and silver striped scarf
- Candy

My love interest is still working on my gift, though. We're exchanging them on New Year's Eve.

[/FONT]

[quote name='desertphoenix'][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Luckily, she managed to get all she needed to shop for, and she got me my first [B]lava lamp[/B]. Yes, that means I'm officially a man now:mrt: [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Wait a second! I have a lava lamp and I'm a girl! What does that make me?! A woman?:confused:

Anyway, money, giftcards, CDs, laptop carrier case, watercolor set, and a phone. It's an enV2...I have unlimited texting that I'll probably never use, and a limit of minutes a month...joy. I don't even want to text!!!

Dad: But you have to text! All the kids in your class will be doing it!

Me: But I hate most of the turds...err...KIDS in my class, and the ones I don't hate, well, they have no cell phones.

Dad: YOUCAN'TESCAPEIT, IT'STHEAGEOFTEXTINGBLAHBLAHBLAH!!!

[quote name='chibi-master']Wait a second! I have a lava lamp and I'm a girl! What does that make me?! A woman?:confused:[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Hmm, maybe he was a woman beforehand? But that is an excellent question since I'm a woman and I got a lava lamp a few years ago. But the bulb burned out last year and I've been to lazy to get a new one so now it's up in my closet collecting dust.[/color]