OtakuBoards

I need help in finding a new series to watch

Vigilance

Right now, I need help in finding what anime I wanna watch and so far I can't find a anime that I will like. So I need your guys help, ok what anime should I watch that I haven't seen yet beside that other one like:
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Death Note
Code Geass
Code Geass R2
D-Gray Man
Chobits
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Fooly Cooly
Eureka Seven
Paranoia Agent
Gungrave
Trinity Blood
Blood +
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU
The Big O
Burst Angel
Kyo Kara MAOH
Ghost in the SHell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: The Second Gig
and more....

So what anime should I watch? The genre I'm looking for is comedy, maybe romcane comedy or action like gun blazin or old school sword fight without power, just skills.

You're on your own with the romance and comedy genre. (Can't stand them) But as far as action goes (gun blazin) you can't go wrong with [b]Black Lagoon[/b]. If I'm not mistaken, there's a shootout in every episode. (Or almost every episode) There's also a lot of profanity. And another heads up incase you decide to check it out, if you're sensitive to a few subjects (race, church, etc) then it might not be for you because it bashes to the bone.

[b]Black Lagoon[/b] is definitely a good shout. For comedy and romance, you can't go wrong with [b]Honey and Clover[/b]. Its comedy, romance and drama are all top notch, the show looks great and the voice cast is excellent. The characters are all written very well, too. Mileage will vary, of course, but I ended up liking all of them in the end, and the show definitely does not go the easy route with the romance, which makes the characters much more complex and interesting.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]Not a series but if you haven't seen it, [B]Dead Leaves[/B] kinda has the Fooly Cooly styles of action, animation, and raunchy humor. Kinda a short movie, but it has its moments.

I always liked [B]Cromartie High [/B]for a comedy fix. It's random and sometimes outright stupid, but it's funny. Not a lot of action for a school supposedly full of dangerous juveniles. I heard good things about the manga, but I've never read it personally.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
there was an anime i just recently watched but unfortunately it is no longer on t.v. (of course i watched it on Sci-fi's ani-mondays.. But anyway) it was called the decendents of darkness.. it was a really good anime.. it was soo cool it would always keep me wanting more of it, because it would always leave the end of the episoid with a clifhanger. i watched every episoid (execpt on i believe, or two ^_^) but yeah i bet the only way you can watch that anime on youtube or probably get it on dvd.. but i hope this helps you in searching for a new series to watch..

Well since you're looking for romance/comedy, I was actually bored 1 day and started watching Suzuka on demand, I got hooked on it some how, maybe you should check that out.

Also I see you like anime like Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star, you should definitely watch Trigun. Just 2 quick suggestions.

I am not too into the comedy or romance with anime but I did just finish Ergo Proxy and they have a lot of funny little moments mixed into the series between the two main characters. This anime is pretty awesome though, I love the art style.

Well what I mean in finding a romance comedy genre is that I need to switch what I watch most of the time instead of watching something you watch like you seen before. Instead of romance comedy type of anime, what about action wise? or gun blazin or old school sword fighting, just only skills, without any kind of power that most anime with sword fighting has?

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']old school sword fighting, just only skills, without any kind of power that most anime with sword fighting has?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This is more or less a direct description of [B]Rurouni Kenshin[/B], so check that one out.

Also, it appears to me that your list lacks [B]Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann[/B]. it's a mecha series, so I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I wouldn't be doing my job as a Kamina fanboy if I didn't recommend it.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Since Ace already mentioned Gurren Lagann, I'll go ahead and mention the other mecha anime I've been fangirling lately, [B]Gundam 00[/B]. The first handful of episodes are kinda blah, but things REALLY kick up in episode 12, so if you keep with it, you won't be disappointed. [Also, I suggest going into the series with the knowledge that 99.9 percent of the character's names are actually code names. You have been warned].

Comedy wise, you might enjoy [B]Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei[/B]. It's a high school comedy with decidedly dark undertones, best described as a demented version of [i]Azumanga Daioh[/i]. If you watch through the first season, then definitely watch the second season of the series, [B]Zoku SZS[/B], as it's astronomically better than the already excellent season one. THEN, when you finish THAT, you can check out the OVA, [b]Goku SZS[/b]. Episode one has been subbed by our very own Dagger and Desbreko, and they're currently working on episode 2 [and I think there's an episode 3 down the line].[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
[B]Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann[/B].[/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's what I'm going to watch next lol.

Yea Rurouni Kenshin is amazing if you haven't seen that.

Also another cool anime, it's more of a hand to hand combat, it's really funny as well, it's called [B]Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi[/B] or [B]Kenichi: History's Strongest Desciple[/B] in English, it does have a little bit of funny romance in it as well so there's that 2, but mostly a martial arts based action anime, very funny though.

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This is more or less a direct description of [B]Rurouni Kenshin[/B], so check that one out.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Not exactly, but a good choice nevertheless. Rurouni Kenshin crosses the boundary of having powers, but nothing extreme like in Bleach or Inuyasha. [spoiler](Outside of the whole God-like speed.)[/spoiler]

A more accurate choice would be its OVA counterpart, [b]Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal[/b]. (Might want to check out Reflections as well, but that's more sad and depressing and don't really have much action in it.) Trust and Betrayal is nothing but skills.

[b]Samurai 7[/b] might be another choice if you don't mind [spoiler]humans taking down giant robots[/spoiler]. But like T&B, it's all skill.

[b]Peacemaker[/b] is my last suggestion. I haven't seen all of it, and it's more slice of life mixed with samurai's. From what I've seen of it, I don't recall there being any powers being used. It's been quite some time since I've last seen this, so I could be mistaken.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"]I've been watching [B]Macross Frontier[/B] as of late, and although it's not new, it's a good series. It's got a little bit of everything, although you'd think it was just a mecha at first glance. I recommend it.

Oh, and have you seen [B]Ranma 1/2[/B]? Same artist/mangaka as [I][B]Rurouni Kenshin[/B][/I], but it's more comedy filled.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Oh ok, these anime sound great to watch, when I have time I'll try to watch them at my own time. Another thing, I forgot what title its called, but its an anime that has some sword fighting, only skills, and he is kind of an immortal guy. This guy have scars on his face and he wear almost like a nazi sign on the back, but its suppose to be a symbol of peace or harmony. What anime title is it? Awhile ago I saw a trailer for this anime series and forgot the title.

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']Oh ok, these anime sound great to watch, when I have time I'll try to watch them at my own time. Another thing, I forgot what title its called, but its an anime that has some sword fighting, only skills, and he is kind of an immortal guy. This guy have scars on his face and he wear almost like a nazi sign on the back, but its suppose to be a symbol of peace or harmony. What anime title is it? Awhile ago I saw a trailer for this anime series and forgot the title.[/QUOTE]
I've never seen it, but that sounds like Blade of the Immortal.

[quote name='Magus']I've never seen it, but that sounds like Blade of the Immortal.[/QUOTE]

Is it called Blade of the Immortal? OK thanks for the title of the anime that I forget the title. Man, I'm so forgetful lately, but can you help me with another title? Again I forget the title, but its somewhat of monster and sword fight in a way. Its about these monster who can shape shift into people with out letting someone else find out about their identity. Then these girl, who have fuse themselve with the monster blood, become half monster half human and they carry a big sword. People notice them because of their silver eyes. What title is it? I heard its popular.

[quote name='KimmehWolfwood'][COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"]Oh, and have you seen [B]Ranma 1/2[/B]? Same artist/mangaka as [I][B]Rurouni Kenshin[/B][/I], but it's more comedy filled.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Er, what? Ranma 1/2's author is Takahashi Rumiko; Rurouni Kenshin's author is Watsuki Nobuhiro. Are you thinking of Inuyasha, which was also written and drawn by Takahashi Rumiko?

[b]Ranma 1/2[/b] is a great comedy, though, with a martial arts theme and bits of romance. I'd also recommend it.

Another series I'd recommend is [b]Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle[/b]. It's got some good action and a great story to go with it. It can also be funny at times. The only bad thing is that the anime doesn't have a conclusion, with the manga still ongoing.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Another series I'd recommend is [b]Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle[/b]. It's got some good action and a great story to go with it. It can also be funny at times. The only bad thing is that the anime doesn't have a conclusion, with the manga still ongoing.[/color][/QUOTE]

Sounds like Berzerk lol. That's also another 1 I want to check out myself, saw the first 2 episodes of it, seems interesting.

Blitz ever thought of watching Gundam series?

I watch some gundam series before and it was Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam: The 8th MS team, and Gundam Seed and a old gundam show, forgot whats it called. Well I haven't even thought about watching another gundam anime yet. So what gundam series is good and popular right now?

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']I watch some gundam series before and it was Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam: The 8th MS team, and Gundam Seed and a old gundam show, forgot whats it called. Well I haven't even thought about watching another gundam anime yet. So what gundam series is good and popular right now?[/QUOTE]

The one 'Gome mentioned, [b]Mobile Suit Gundam 00[/b]. Its first season is airing on the SciFi Channel right now, and its second season is airing in Japan. [b]Gundam 00[/b] is my first taste of Gundam, and I like it a lot -- good story, good characters and tons of great action.

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']Is it called Blade of the Immortal? OK thanks for the title of the anime that I forget the title. Man, I'm so forgetful lately, but can you help me with another title? Again I forget the title, but its somewhat of monster and sword fight in a way. Its about these monster who can shape shift into people with out letting someone else find out about their identity. Then these girl, who have fuse themselve with the monster blood, become half monster half human and they carry a big sword. People notice them because of their silver eyes. What title is it? I heard its popular.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sounds like [B]Claymore[/B]. I haven't exposed myself to much of it yet, but I've heard good things about it.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sounds like [B]Claymore[/B]. I haven't exposed myself to much of it yet, but I've heard good things about it.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh Claymore, forgot the title of that series >.<. When I saw the first episode of it I pretty much like it, but I didn't have much time to watch it. So are there any new series that is good to watch?

[quote name='Desbreko']Er, what? Ranma 1/2's author is Takahashi Rumiko.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"][I]*slaps forehead*[/I]

I knew that. Blonde moment. I was thinking Inuyasha, but I had read a post above that said Rurouni Kenshin so it kinda stuck. My bad. ^_^;[/COLOR][/FONT]