Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT=Arial]I know school has started back for several people here, and will start soon for others; I go back Thursday this week, myself. So, with that in mind, how's about the end of this week for all submissions, the evening of the 17th or [I]early[/I] morning of the 18th? Leaves plenty of time for voting
as well.[/FONT]
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[size=1]It does indeed.

Though I'm not too bothered because I already did mine now =3.

I'm just biding my time or waiting for a better idea to float along.[/size]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]I was actually asking [COLOR="DarkRed"]Mykul[/COLOR] also, since this ain't my contest to run and all. :p

Crap, I have something I should be working on, myself. >_> [I]*skeedaddles*[/I][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Mr. Blonde'][SIZE="1"](Vicky's going down)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]to china town[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Maybe not.

Apparently I'm very quick at coming up with ideas. Hence a lot of my good RPGs fleshed out in a day - and I think Allamorph also complimented me on this on AIM. Or someone else.

I know Allamorph but I was just saying =3.[/size]
Posted
To be honest, I didn't think people would stress too much about when they needed to submit their entries. Perhaps it was a little idealistic to assume that everyone would write in as soon as possible? :animeswea

Morph is on the right track. Have them in [U]before[/U] saturday the 17th.
Posted
[size=1]I bet everyone's doing the little waiting game, where they see what their opponent comes up with first, haha =p. I know I thought of doing that but then I remembered once I get giddy about something I've written I can't stand keeping it on my hard drive.

I see through you sneaky lot! =p

But alas I'm giving my squishy goat brain another day or two to see if it can spit out something a little better than what I have.[/size]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]Aye, but you need to have some definite period of time set aside for voting to be able to happen. Since you didn't specify, any of the competitors could have taken up until the 23rd even to work on their piece, which would have been remarkably inconvenient for voters, albeit very good rewriting time for the competitor.

There are always extenuating circumstances to go past deadlines, of course. Laziness isn't one of them :p but if an entry needs more time, more time can always be given.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial] but if an entry needs more time, more time can always be given.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yes, extra time [I]can[/I] be given. However, it will be given by me, not by Allamorph. Just in case there was confusion.
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Aw crap how did I miss this?! I guess being away over the holidays didn't help. Well, if a spot opens up for one reason or another count me in as your substitute! :animesmil[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Aw crap how did I miss this?! I guess being away over the holidays didn't help. Well, if a spot opens up for one reason or another count me in as your substitute! :animesmil[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Sure thing! Also, I'm sure we'll be doing another one of these sooner or later. Feel free to vote on the matches taking place, though. That would be appreciated!
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][QUOTE=Mykul]To be honest, I didn't think people would stress too much about when they needed to submit their entries. Perhaps it was a little idealistic to assume that everyone would write in as soon as possible? :animeswea

Morph is on the right track. Have them in [U]before[/U] saturday the 17th.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't say that we stress over it, but knowing the time frame is helpful. I was actually about to ask you this but saw it in the thread.

I don't see a problem and I should be able to get my entry in before the deadline.

Good luck everyone! :catgirl:[/FONT]
Posted
[size=1]I've never wrote anything with so many little hidden references and tiny little meanings. I just hope people get it hehe. I still also believe posting first gives opponents the advantage because they can see exactly what you've written and have time and work around it but, alas, it doesn't bother me too much. Maybe there's a way around that...

I love writing about schizophrenics and television.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]Aaaah, good man you are, Blonde =).

I may not be here until Sunday so I can't do anymore voting as of yet. I just hope everyone gets their pieces up so I have something to chew on haha.[/size]
Posted
Just a reminder to everyone: tomorrow is the last day to turn in submissions. There are lots of matches with an insufficient number of entries...I'll start PMing everyone tomorrow.
Posted
Well, as everyone may have noticed, the deadline for submissions has passed. I've PMed everyone in default. If they don't respond soon, I guess we'll just DQ them and move on.

I can't thank you enough, those of you who turned in your stories on time! You're all angels. Next step: VOTING! Let's get some constructive criticism going, some votes turned in, and...kick it old school?
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Mykul']I can't thank you enough, those of you who turned in your stories on time! You're all angels. Next step: VOTING! Let's get some constructive criticism going, some votes turned in, and...kick it old school?[/QUOTE]
I know that the biggest problem anyone has with running these sorts of events is lack of voters so I'm going to try and vote on every single one.

After work tonight. :animeswea

But you can hold me to it! :smirk:[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[size=1]My story is up! Sorry about the delay, Mykul. My online time has just been incredibly... full as of late. I had a lot of fun writing this, though, and if I advance to future rounds I'll be much more prompt.

Now I'm looking forward to reading and voting on all of the other entries. :whoops:

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Lrb][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]
I know that the biggest problem anyone has with running these sorts of events is lack of voters so I'm going to try and vote on every single one.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

I'll be doing my voting on Monday.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Erm...so, if Charlie Bravo doesn't post his story by midnight, do I win by default?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Mr. Maul, Monarck, and Charlie Bravo were all PMed last night. I'm going to give them until the end of sunday to respond...but yes. If they don't get anything in, their opponents win by default.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...