OtakuBoards

The Otaku Prose Contest

Mykul

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]GET IN! I actually got it up.

I'm disappointed for a number of reasons really. One I think some parts could have been majorly improved on but I'm not sure what to put and, two, I had managed for once to go just below the word limit with the original at about 600 words. But the new one just got up to, like, 800 =(.

I was itching to put something terribly nasty in there... but I don't want to make it overboard. Too much too young.

I hope I made it a tough one because I certainly liked my opponent's peace. Now let the voting begin...

Bitchin'.[/size]

Thanks for getting those submissions in, everyone! I knew if I just sat back and didn't bother anyone (too much), you'd all come through for me.

And that's all there is to say. Vicky said it best: Let the voting commence!

Tic-Tac-Toe post.

Alright. It looks like either Anomaly or Shy is going to be facing Vicky in the final round! Speaking of Anomaly and Shy, their match is open to voting until Tuesday morning, which will hopefully break the tie. Please note that I'm not extending the voting period for one little vote; any amount of votes within that period would be wonderful.

If not one lousy vote has been cast by then, I'll break the tie myself, and we will see once and for all who will fight the battle of the prose master.

[size=1]Aaaah bitchin'. Here come the finals...

Good show [strike]Blayze[/strike] DeLarge. I definitely enjoyed this round and wasn't sure if I was going to pull through. I can't wait for the final, it should definitely be interesting.[/size]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']I haven't seen him on in awhile...Hope everything's okay.[/QUOTE]

Better than ok, Drizzt!

Sorry for the delay, everyone. I've been very busy with finals. I'm sure most of us have.

I'm designing the final match immediately after posting this sentence.

Can you feel it? That's electricity in the air. :o

Let's get to it!

Any questions or comments, You know who to call.

(Me).

[B]Edit:
The deadlines for the final match have been changed, as requested by Anomaly.[/B]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]Considering the deadline for voting is Monday, I'd appreciate it if it could remain open until the end of Monday. I'll be visiting someone for most of tomorrow, but I believe the evening will be enough for me to get something done.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Considering the deadline for voting is Monday, I'd appreciate it if it could remain open until the end of Monday. I'll be visiting someone for most of tomorrow, but I believe the evening will be enough for me to get something done.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

It shall be so. Voting will close at midnight.

[size=1]ANOMALY I HATE YOU! =P

I'm joking, of course.

I'm glad this is over actually because I was banging my head off the desk from the tension in the voting stage. Wasn't liking it, haha.

Good show, I'm slightly disappointed but not really too much since the title is going to Anomaly. We should battle it out again sometime soon ;D.[/size]

Well, it was a heck of a trip, guys. I can hardly believe it lasted [I]months[/I]! To officially put an end to this contest and this thread, I would just like to say thank you to all of the voters and contestants. This contest was extraordinarily enjoyable to put on, and your participation was very much appreciated.

Now go check out the fresh new "prose master" badge by Anomaly's custom title.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Mykul']Now go check out the fresh new "prose master" badge by Anomaly's custom title.[/quote]Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see anything. o_O

Anyway, congratulations Anomaly. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[FONT="Georgia"]sorry guys, I'm not at home right now, I'm actually on vacation with my famjam so I'm not on the computer much. I won't get to the special thingy until I am home with my normal computer and my normal internet.

Thanks Mykul, for putting the contest on, it was a lot of fun to be a part of and it made me stretch my creative boundaries on more than one occasion.

Thanks everyone who participated, I read some really great entries and it was really an honour to compete with all of you.

Thanks especially to Vicky, it was ridiculously close, you're an awesome adversary, had me worried the whole time, and I'll rematch you any time you'd like =P xD

I wasn't trying to be a jerk by not responding ;_;[/FONT]

[quote name='Anomaly'][FONT="Georgia"]
Thanks especially to Vicky, it was ridiculously close, you're an awesome adversary, had me worried the whole time, and I'll rematch you any time you'd like =P xD

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I call a rematch! =P

Actually I think sometime we should do a collaboration thing and wow everyone =p. Or something like that sometime. That would be awesome.

It was definitely great competing against you, even though you cheated by stretching the deadline! Haha, no, no, I'm kidding. Of course, it was all fair game.

(I'll beat you next time =p)[/size]