OtakuBoards

What Game Would You Put Yourself In?

Humaru

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I would put my self in the Sims 2, why you ask? This is simple in the Sims 2 I can go ahead have a fight with someone by beating them to a pulp and be friends with them in a couple of hours (real life time). I can also set up murders like setting the kitchen on fire and locking that person inside a room. Yes everyone in the house would grieve but no one will know it was me. When I go to work I would get paid daily instead of weekly. Furniture, decoration, and appliances sometimes cost less then in real life. I can work out in my personal gym for about five Sim hours and turn my fat self to a fit body tone piece of work. To make friends in the Sims is a lot easier. Also in the Sims I can turn to a zombie, werewolf, vampire, robot, green-creature-thing and even witch if I wanted to. When I am sick of my creature self I can just drink a magical potion to make everything go away. I also love the special items you can get that better your life like make you younger or do things better when you are in a good mood. The Sims 'age off' function would make me immortal!. Yes life would be grand as a Sim 2 character. The only problem is pizza cost 40 Sim Dollars?!?

There also the anonymous pointer-hand-of-god that tells me what to do. I would love to just look up at the sky and say "I'm not doing this screw you". Though I think I rather be a free will Sim then one of those Sims that need to be manage every flipping second cause I can't go over and cook/sleep/eat/clean by my own will. I have to have the anonymous pointer-hand-of-god to direct me too it. The rumble in my belly isn't enough to think for myself that "I need to eat"? or the trail of noxious green gas coming form my armpits isn't enough to think "Darn, I need a serious shower"? [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Wow, cool thread! This is a really tough choice because there really are [i]so many[i/] great game universes out there. For now I'll have to say [b]World of Warcraft[/b].

Not only could you be any sort of race or class you wanted, but it would just be damn fun to play in. Yes I am currently obsessed with the game so I'm probably a little biased but I bet even those of you who have never touched the game wouldn't turn down the opportunity to be a Druid and shape shift into a cheetah!

Also Mario Kart was a good suggestion whoever said that. I'd love to be in that franchise.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I'm going to have to go the complete nerd route and say one/any of the Pokemon games. What can I say, since I was a kid I always wanted my own Pokemon.

My second choice would have to be Final Fantasy 10.
I love the Al Bhed, the synthesis of magic and technology. While living in a magical land would be pretty darn exciting, I still like physical weapons. Like grenades. :3

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Magus'][B]Shenmue[/B]. The setting is peaceful, so to speak. The thought of being in a game where martial arts is the focal point (and no guns) would be really nice. Not to mention it's pretty realistic in terms of martial arts.[/quote] I dunno, if I wanted my life to be dominated by quicktime events and inane, repetitive mini"games", I'd just go get a job on an assembly line.

Also, to anyone suggesting Pokemon: you really think you'd enjoy living in a world that revolves around capturing wild animals, brainwashing them, and forcing them to kick, punch, burn, scratch, freeze, electrocute, and EAT THE DREAMS OF each other? You are sick.

No, I think the most appropriate answer here is Mario Party. Really, [I]your entire life is a freaking party[/I]. Just try and top that.

[quote name='John']I dunno, if I wanted my life to be dominated by quicktime events and inane, repetitive mini"games", I'd just go get a job on an assembly line.
[/QUOTE]
Shenmue has more of a serene feeling to it.... "coughs"

This may sound a little strange coming from me... (me being semi-cold and can't stand kiddies and stuff.) But I'd put myself in the [b]Kingdom Hearts[/b] series. I grew up watching Mickey Mouse and friends... (along with Looney Toons) However, I can do away with Sora and his keyblades....

[b]Dragon Quest 8[/b] might be another world that could seem pretty interesting to wonder around in.

• 1 month later...
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'm torn. I'd prefer something calm like [B]Animal Crossing[/B], but if I really had to be in a game... I'd want something with space travel, like [B]Star Ocean[/B]. So I guess I can't win since I want both. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']So you're saying that they're too close to real life?[/QUOTE]
I try to detach myself from real life. (Oh great, now I sound like Aang... >_> XD) I don't keep up with what's going on these days. So, enlighten me.

• 7 months later...
Any of the[B] Disgaea[/B] series(this is where I got my username from) going to Maritsu or being friends with Overlords while having awesome battles would be the best, [B]Legand of Zelda Wind Waker[/B] & [B]Legend of Zelda Minish Cap[/B], for the reason that there are lots of places[B].[/B] Also [B]Bleach: Dark Souls [/B]to have shinigami powers.