OtakuBoards

What Game Would You Put Yourself In?

Humaru

[SIZE="4"][FONT="System"]Lately Ive been finding myself thinking about video games and what it would be like to be in them! I know..this is like every little kids dream to do but me being the age I am still want to be in video games!!!

So I ask those of you out there willing to say...if you were put into a video game what game would you want to be placed in?

Me personally i have to go RPG because the adventure and colorful characters i would meet really peaks my interest!! The game I choose to be placed in would be Final Fantasy X! It is probrably my 3rd favorite RPG!!! The scenes and characters are super awesome and the thought of going on the adventure that they went on would be cool as well!!!

Of course I would do things my way instead of following what the storyline said!!! For example the love part of the storyline would probably wait for me until the end of the adventure!!!

On to weapons and stuff. I am a Pike or halberd kinda guy so I think so kind of weapon like that would be mine!!! My pike would would be one handed of course and I would use shields as my defensive item! My final weapon would be called the Dragon Star!!! Ive actually drawn it on paper and I hope to upload it on the OBs soon.

Just the thought though of going through life like that instead of how we go through it now, not that life is bad because my life is pretty good!!!
(Totally off topic there) LOL!!![/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]If I had the option of going into a Video Game, I would enter some sort of racing game , where I get to drive fast, expensive cars and wreck them with almost no consequence, as a sufficient amount of credits would appease any disgruntled mechanic. Although I'm sure it's the same in real life...right? Gran Turismo has to be how it's done.

If any other game, I'd probably be in Animal Crossing, just because it's a less severe form of real life, where there is less of a penalty for lethargic activity besides a stern talking to by the local town motormouth.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Hmm....I guess if I were to put myself in a videogame I'd have to go the RPG route too. I'd probably go with Lost Odyssey, the aspect of the storyline is something I could live with. Living a countless number of lives, going from place to place. I think it would be neat to have that ability to become whoever you want. Sure it would be sad to see people you interact with die, but I would have to say after the first couple lives you would be desensitized to it.

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]A world I would like to be in would have to be a silly platformer type. A game more specifically would be [B]Psychonauts[/B]. A world with a little bit of Alice in Wonderland and some similar feelings as Walking Life and a Scanner Darkly. The art style is like a cartoon, yet something out of a child?s nightmare. I like Psychonauts envisioning of many psychic powers, like conjuring up psychic hands to lifts objects or a psychic ball to ?levitate? on.

Yeah, platformers can be often be linear and short, but being in a world where you can physically dive into someone?s mind to see how they see the world while it?s presented in a way suited to the person?s character I found would be intriguing to me. Intruding? Yes. Fun? Defiantly.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[b]Shenmue[/b]. The setting is peaceful, so to speak. The thought of being in a game where martial arts is the focal point (and no guns) would be really nice. Not to mention it's pretty realistic in terms of martial arts.

I suppose I could try to be in a RPG, but then again, majority of them nowdays are dealing with some type of holy war.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Shenmue would be nice - although it was so realistic that you could almost have that same experience if you just moved to Yokosuka! Heheh.

For me it's hard to decide. Possibly NiGHTS, or Super Mario Galaxy or even Final Fantasy VIII (when I see the FMV inside Balamb Garden, it looks so pristine and pleasant... I imagine it'd be fun to study in a giant flying school!)

I guess I'd like to be in any game environment that is light and pleasant and fun. I wouldn't want to be anywhere too dark or serious.

My game nightmare would definitely be Silent Hill. I can't even imagine being somewhere like that in person.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Shenmue would be nice - although it was so realistic that you could almost have that same experience if you just moved to Yokosuka! Heheh.[/font][/QUOTE]
Haha, it wouldn't be the same because it don't look as pretty as the game :catgirl:

[quote name='Magus']Haha, it wouldn't be the same because it don't look as pretty as the game :catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah I suppose, although the main street in the game isn't terribly pretty. I mean the graphics quality is nice, but you still have all the clutter everywhere and stuff...

I think the real thing would be nicer. Except, of course, that you wouldn't have the whole plot going on where you've got to fight Lan Di and stuff.

Speaking of which, I never played Shenmue 2... but I guess that's a story for another thread. :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah I suppose, although the main street in the game isn't terribly pretty. I mean the graphics quality is nice, but you still have all the clutter everywhere and stuff...

I think the real thing would be nicer. Except, of course, that you wouldn't have the whole plot going on where you've got to fight Lan Di and stuff.

Speaking of which, I never played Shenmue 2... but I guess that's a story for another thread. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE]
I'm getting iffy now. Thanks James XD. Fights are settled through martial arts though, right?

I take it you've been there or just well informed?

Edit: Oh yeah, I'd probably be too chicken to fight Lan Di lol.

And Shenmue 2 takes place in Hong Kong. Aberdeen, Wan Chai, Kowloon (I know that's real.) and Guilin.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Hmmm..
There are plenty of games I'd love to be in but I think some of the more recent ones would be;

Being one of the mercenaries hunting the Jackal in Far Cry 2 would be pretty neat. Africa makes for good killing.

Killzone has a great art style, and I'd love to wear one of those awesome suits that the Helghast wear.

It'd be fun to be a Sackboy from Little Big Planet. I mean, just think of all the neat places you'd get to go AND you'd get to dress up like Solid Snake. Neat.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=green][size=1]I would love to be in Kingdom Hearts! I love Disney and Square Enix to tears. They're so awesome and I think it'd be so awesome to live in a world where you could travel to places fabricated by Disney and Square Enix. Sure, it'd be scary as heck but I think it beats being on Earth.[/color][/size]

:animesmil

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Especially when you know that when you die, you become a monster because your heart gets ripped out of your chest cavity.... :x

Adding another game to my list. [b] Mario Kart[/b]. Here me out on this. This would be every person's dream. You ride around in a go cart and fire miscellaneous objects at other drivers, thus sabotaging them. You can fall into all sorts of hazardous things (bottomless abysses, acid, lava, freezing water) and be saved by a Lakitu. If you're falling behind in the race, you get all the best items so you can race your way to the top. So no race is unwinnable. Sounds like a rip snortin' good time to me.[/FONT][/COLOR]

If I was in a video game, I would want to be in either in an action/ adventure game or in a RPG route. For action/adventure I would want to be in the [B]Devil May Cry[/B] series because teaming up with Vergil first is how I would start. Soon after I was defeated by Dante once, I'll join him from there on out and then we would kick some serious demon ***. My weapon would be a Gun Blade because those thing are awesome.
In the RPG route I would want to be in the [B]Disgaea[/B] series because with me around, demon are going to coward when they don't realize that I have alot more power then they do. I would like to be around Laharl, Etna, and Fallen Angel Flonne because they alway make thing interesting and fun where ever they are.

Totally thought of another game when I saw pokemon on this thread!!! Another I would totally put myself in would be Pokemon Gold/Silver Version! I mean catching pokemon would be tops in my bool and going on a world wide adventure at the age of 10 sounds amazing! I mean pokemon would be everywhere like animals and I'll fianlly figure out where all the meat comes from in pokemon since they dont seem to be eatin the pokemon....they seem to be eatin chicken and burgers but you never see any cows or chickens...you only see Taurus' and Pidgeys!!!! and they also fish but not just for pokemon for fish and all I ever see in the water are magikarp, goldeens, the occasional Seaking, and of course the dreaded Gyrados that will blow you up with Hyper Beam!

Man i feel like such a nerd saying all these pokemon and attacks!!!

And the ability to be able to be zapped by over 100 volts of pure electicity and still live sounds pretty great too!!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Definitely not Katamari. I'd end up in the heavens as part of a star mashed up against a grate and a cow. Ugh.

Hmmm, perhaps Final Fantasy 12. I can see myself settling down in Archades wearing classical Victorian costumes, or retiring to one of those beautiful little towns like the Land of the Garif in Jahara, or perhaps even mingling with Viera in the woods, assuming I didn't have my life sucked out of me by a Marlboro or a Courel.

But then again, I might also want to live in the No More Heroes universe so I can wield a lightsaber, shout out the name of my favorite pudding to go Super Saiya-jin, and do odd jobs for months at a time.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]For me it's hard to decide. Possibly Final Fantasy VIII (when I see the FMV inside Balamb Garden, it looks so pristine and pleasant... I imagine it'd be fun to study in a giant flying school!)[/font][/QUOTE]
That's a good point though. Flying in air while class is in session would be interesting, not to mention it can float on water... I don't know which one I'd actually try out first.

[quote name='Magus']That's a good point though. Flying in air while class is in session would be interesting, not to mention it can float on water... I don't know which one I'd actually try out first.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]You may die however because you are in fact still a scumbag mercenary. Well, they polish the name up and give you a shiny outfit and crap but you're still a murderer. Of helpless little animals and possibly women that have magical powers.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]You may die however because you are in fact still a scumbag mercenary. Well, they polish the name up and give you a shiny outfit and crap but you're still a murderer. Of helpless little animals and possibly women that have magical powers.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Haha, helpless little animals? The only helpless animal I recall seeing is a chocobo. Dying from women with magical powers might not be so bad, but then again I'd run if I ever see icicles forming at someones finger tips... If she cast stop I'm as good as dead (Wouldn't know how to counter that... Haste?) heh.

[quote name='Magus']Haha, helpless little animals? The only helpless animal I recall seeing is a chocobo. Dying from women with magical powers might not be so bad, but then again I'd run if I ever see icicles forming at someones finger tips... If she cast stop I'm as good as dead (Wouldn't know how to counter that... Haste?) heh.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Wear a Ribbon?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name=' Raiha']But then again, I might also want to live in the No More Heroes universe so I can wield a lightsaber, shout out the name of my favorite pudding to go Super Saiya-jin, and do odd jobs for months at a time. [/quote]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]I want to be in the No More Heroes universe to have some badass name like "Korey Snapurballshoff" or "Korey Bodycheck" or something like that. Plus all the cheeky humor would totally work for me. It's like heaven, but with lightsabers.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] [b] Mario Kart[/b][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]That would be one of my choices too! Or Diddy Kong Racing, they're essentially the same. :p

Super Mario Sunshine would defintely be awesome. Of course [I]I[/I] would just ditch Peach and hang out on the beach and in town, ha. I'll have to think on this more.

Earthworm Jim? Maybe not. That might be a little too weird.[/SIZE]

Well, I'm still living in the past. As far as RPGs, I would definitely put myself in Final Fantasy VI. I think that's the only game where my type of character can be appreciated. T_T

For racing, I would want to be in F-Zero. The environments are so amazing in that, and the tracks twirl around and go into tubes and tunnels and stuff!! Plus, I would loooove the chance to drive a hovercraft. <3

[FONT="Tahoma"]That's easy.... I'd put myself in [B]Animal Crossing[/B]. Just think of the fun you'd have fishing, gardening, visiting friends, etc. I'd probably make sure to never carry a net at night during the summers though. ^^ Getting chased by a spider or a scorpion in the game is freaky enough as it is. o_O[/FONT]