OtakuBoards

Tim&Eric Awesome Show, Great Job

Dooane

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here watches this show? I think its funny but it can get alil dumb. I guess that's what they were going for huh....sooo do you watch this show? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it

[COLOR=Blue]I watched the premiere (which ran two episodes back to back) and never watched it again. Following that premiere, I completely regretted the fact that I would never get those 30 minutes of my life back.

Personally, I really just can't stand them. With the exception of a catch phrase or two, I never really found anything they did funny but saw it as simply a waste of a time block on Adult Swim. I feel the same way about Tom Goes to the Mayor (another show they did). There's just something about them that makes me want to change the channel.

Granted, this obviously isn't a global opinion. I have one friend who feels the exact same way and another who looks at both of us like we're crazy because he loves the show. It seems completely hit or miss though - I don't know of anyone who thinks it's "okay." You either love it or you hate it.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, welcome to OtakuBoards, Dooane!
[/COLOR]

thanks Petie for the welcome! your gonna be seeing a lot more of me on this site :animesmil. but yeah i feel the same way. this show has its times when its funny but for 15mins, i will say that i can sometimes go a good 5mins watching then change:animesmil

as far a show i cant really watch wel... SuperJail i just cant get into that one:animesigh

[quote name='Dooane']as far a show i cant really watch wel... SuperJail i just cant get into that one:animesigh[/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]See, now I felt the same way the first time I saw SuperJail but it's really grown on me since and I like it a lot for reasons I can't understand. I think it's probably because the show is so completely ridiculous and random.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]As for Tim and Eric, I don't even know if I could last five minutes at this point. Like I said, there are maybe two things that I've heard come from that show that I find even remotely amusing but in generally, I avoid it like the plague.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Isn't most of Adult Swim's stuff hit-and-miss, though? Robot Chicken, for example. There's times when they pull off a really great parody, like that Dragonball Z Christmas one or the Admiral Ackbar cereal. Then there's times where you just sit there and go "eh." And then there's the worst case scenario where you just change the channel. Same with Family Guy (though they rerun the older episodes a lot, which is a point for them) and most of their other mainstays. Heck, King of the Hill. I adore the show, and it seems like everyone I've met either loves or despises it.

Tim and Eric I haven't personally gotten around to watching. I haven't heard much that interests me about it. Same thing with PJs.

Come to think of it, the only show on there that people seem to have a universal unanimous opinion on is Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. I have yet to meet a person who dislikes that show.[/FONT]

i agree Ace, most of the shows are hit and miss. but what i dont understand is why they started putting of the PJs:confused: the show wasn't that good to me. and im sure that a lot of people would of loved more family guy.:animesmil or Harvey Birdman:laugh:

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Isn't most of Adult Swim's stuff hit-and-miss, though?[/FONT][/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]You know, I hadn't really thought about it like that but you're entirely right. I guess my opinion there was a little biased because of how much I dislike Tim and Eric and how I generally like the rest of the shows you mentioned (though I can't stand King of the Hill).

I would have been the first you knew to dislike Harvey Birdman had you asked a couple of years ago but that show quickly grew on me too.[/COLOR]

You know I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Aqua Teen, one of the better AS shows in my opinion. It really proves the point about being hit or miss because I honestly know 5 people that hate it and a dozen that love it.

As far as other shows (my opinion only of course) I really don't get into. I love family guy, but as it was pointed out earlier they only seem to run reruns from the third season...I never really got into harvey birdman, sealab, venture brothers, I could watch them but if I missed them it was ehh....

Those shows like Tom and Eric, and Tom goes to the Mayor should be taken off if you ask me, once again I realize this is MY opinion not universal.

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']

Those shows like Tom and Eric, and Tom goes to the Mayor should be taken off if you ask me, once again I realize this is MY opinion not universal.[/QUOTE]

yeah your right about that. they should take them off...but... i dont know about you guys but i find those shows to be funny at time:animeswea
but thats just me

[quote name='Doc Holliday']Tim and Eric is like watching two retarded children fight over a toy that isn't there.[/QUOTE]

Wow, great description. XD

As for me, I like all of the shows on Adult Swim that got pushed back to the early hours of the morning or cancelled. (So I guess that means I'm one of the few that likes them? Or just scheduling on Cartoon Network's part.) Shows like Home Movies, Sealab 2021, and Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Now when I turn on Adult Swim, I don't recognize it much anymore. :confused: