OtakuBoards

The Drinking Thread

chibi-master

[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]

Yeah well it [I]is[/I] rather convenient what with the whole phelps thing. :P But I'll shut my mouth now before I get scolded again. :X[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] On the Phelps matter, I agree with Seth Myers:

"If you're at a party and you see Michael Phelps smoking a bong, and you're first thought isn't: 'wow I get to party with Michael Phelps', and instead you take a picture and sell it to a tabloid, you should take a long look in the mirror because you're a dick. And I mean really!"

Also it's annoying when America acts shocked when they find out someone smokes weed...like seriously guys.

Although I find drinking to be more fun than smoking, but that's just me. It might be because I was stuck in a car with two potheads for an hour and all they talked about was the difference of highs between smoking and eating a pot brownie.
[/font]

[quote name='chibi-master']
You know, I'm sort of curious as to where the names of some of these drinks derive from...:animedepr (ex. "buttery nipple" WTF?!)[/QUOTE]

[size=1]A buttery nipple is not nearly as cool as a screaming multiple orgasm.[/size]

[COLOR=#35425E]Apple juice + milk = [b]Crazy Cow![/b]

I swear I will forgo everything with fizz and kick for a barrel of this. But, if for a very strange yet understandable reason, the bar doesn't have milk, juice and the usual iced tea, rose wine will have to do. And when there's only cheap gin, beer, and water to choose from: cheap gin. Straight. No chaser 'cause I love to show off.

Oh, and I only drink when it's free, and I have never downed anything above 500 mils/point of tipsiness/whichever came first. Can't quite bear the thought shelling out cash (and unmentionables) for morning/late night headaches.

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]A buttery nipple is not nearly as cool as a screaming multiple orgasm.[/size][/QUOTE] Or sex on the beach.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR=darkorchid][FONT=Times New Roman]You're missing so little Rach and Indi and Sabrina. Although everyone should experience a hangover once. It's a life building sort of event.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][/quote]

Reading his one statement seriously made me bust out laughing, just because I remember my first hangover (though I wish that the sketchy memory from the night before would have continured throughout). I totally agree with it though....is that weird to wish that onto people?

And as far as the names go the weirdest I've ever heard/had was a mixture of Tequila, Vodka.....and...i don't know, if anyone knows what else goes into making a [I]GangBanger[/I] please help me remember.

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']Reading his one statement seriously made me bust out laughing, just because I remember my first hangover (though I wish that the sketchy memory from the night before would have continured throughout). I totally agree with it though....is that weird to wish that onto people?
[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I've never gotten a hangover, but I have experienced being sick all night....multiple times.

But I do get the "wishing hangovers onto people" thing. When my roommate got sick/was sitting in the restroom for the first time I was still mildly drunk and kept on saying stuff like "IT'S A LIFE LESSOONNN" and "THIS IS A GOOD THING, YOU KNOW?" [/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]But I do get the "wishing hangovers onto people" thing. When my roommate got sick/was sitting in the restroom for the first time I was still mildly drunk and kept on saying stuff like "IT'S A LIFE LESSOONNN" and "THIS IS A GOOD THING, YOU KNOW?" [/font][/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]Call me crazy, but I sometimes enjoy a hangover if there's nothing I have to do for the day. It's an excuse to sit around, watch TV, and shirk your duties -- the almighty excuse is **** that, I'm hungover."[/font][COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"][INDENT]Don't bypass the swear filter Retri. ~Indi[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Retribution'][font=Arial]Call me crazy, but I sometimes enjoy a hangover if there's nothing I have to do for the day. It's an excuse to sit around, watch TV, and shirk your duties -- the almighty excuse is **** that, I'm hungover."[/font][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Me too. Except I say "***** that, I was sick all night". Basically any day after drinking for me is destined to be me accomplishing nothing.[/font]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='chibi-master']This thread was inspired by Vicky's post in The Valentine's Thread! Okay, I've got no experience in this because I'm underaged (though I don't ever plan on drinking), but what are some or all of weirdest things you've done drunk? How much have you had to drink in one sitting? What are your favorite drinks? Least favorite? Anything to do with alcohol, put it here![/quote]I'm not much of a drinker so I've never been drunk enough to do really bizarre stuff. I couldn't even tell you what drinks I like since other than to have wine once in a blue moon, I don't drink anymore.

Though if you want weirdest stories... I kind of got turned off of after I started training to be a paramedic. It was dealing with accidents that were caused by drunks that kind of killed any desire I had to get tipsy. I know that plenty of people are responsible, but I can't help but remember some of the crashes along with the mangled and dead bodies whenever I think about drinking.

And since I know I'll deal with even more so long as I work in this field.... I'll just stay sober.[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I can kind of relate Nathan, as to why you're not interested in it. o_O I lost my brother to a drunk driver when I was fifteen so... it killed any desire I had to drink.

So now I'm usually the designated driver for when those few friends I have who do drink, actually go out on the town. Only draw back, one time they had to go and puke in the car. x_X Only good thing about that was it was my friends car and not mine. But man, that was just gross. [/FONT][/COLOR]