OtakuBoards

What kind of Bender?

chibi-master

Okay, I'm certain that many of you are familiar wth the show Avatar: The Last Airbender, yes? Well, if so, I'm sure you have thought about being a bender. So I'm wondering...

[B]If you were a bender, what kind would you be?[/B]

Short, sweet, and to the point, no? Well here's where I throw in the question every school-going person hates.

[B]Why?[/B]

Personally, I think I'd like to be an Earthbender. Why? Well, I think it'd be very convenient! I could sleep in until a couple minutes before 8, then get to school by launching myself into the air with a slab of rock and land at school-! Actually, that may not be one of my best ideas, but I'm sure there would be moments of great convenience, doggonit! Plus, it'd be just plain fun!

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]I clicked this thread thinking it would be about Futurama:animedepr.

Since I'm here, I guess I would probably be an air-bender.

why? It probably is the least destructive which would probably compliment my more passive side. My biggest reasons though are becoming more agile running as fast as the wind, riding an air scooter, and flying with a glider.

Water bending came close, because of the whole ice surfing thing Katara does sometimes, but really isn't enough to win me over.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='desertphoenix'][COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]I clicked this thread thinking it would be about Futurama:animedepr.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Nice little trick, huh? Draws more people in. Both those who think "Futurama" and those who think "Avatar" when they see it will probably click! BWAHAHA!!!

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]A very sneaky trick indeed, but I guess this worked out better for me anyway. I always had an idea that I wanted to be an air-bender, but I could never choose from being the werecar Bender Rodriguez or the golden version:animedepr.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I'd want to be a fire bender?

Why you may ask- because I like fire. Okay yes that was a little- well maybe disturbing?

Well okay so part of the reason I picked fire bending is because it seems like the most useful of all the bending abilities (aside from Toph and her [spoiler]metal bending at the end of season two. Because metal bending is pretty cool and in anyone's defence metal is considered an element in the chinese zodiac. So you can bend metal[/spoiler] so Toph equals pwnage) because you can do so many things with fire. You can cook things. You can create heat. You can creat light. And if you were lost you could put up a flare.

The other part is because from what I've seen I closely resemble a fire bender personality wise. I have a bit of a temper like most people from the fire nation and a sense of honor. Okay so only Zuko and Iroh have shown honor. But fire benders are very strong willed and stubborn.

Second on my list though is being a water bender because they have a strong sense of family and some water benders are healers. Healing is what I do for a living.

Well Chibi # 2 great thread. [/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]But fire benders are very strong willed and stubborn.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]That sounds more earth (the stubborn part) than fire. :)

I guess I'd be an earth bender. I can be very stubborn at times.. Not to mention I just like the idea of chucking rocks at people from a distance knowing that they wouldn't be able to catch me :D.

Fire would be my next choice. I've been known to have quite the temper. (even though I've toned it down a bit)[/FONT]

I would be an earth bender because I could bend almost everywhere i could possibly be. Unless I was hurled into the air like 50 feet...i could bend all the earth around me for sure. Metal has earth materials in it and I could bend that too.

also riding boulders sounds really fun when it comes to getting to school on time. and if I wanted to....I would just bend earth around everyones feet if they tried to diss me.

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Well Chibi # 2 great thread. [/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

Why, thank you!

And Ace, as for the whole learning thing, I think I might just try to make it up as I go along... That or try to incorporate Isshin Ryu Karate into it... I wonder which of the martial arts styles are closest to mine... Probably the Hung Gar style, I think (for those who don't know, that's Earth).

[CENTER][SIZE="1"][YOUTUBE="Now take notes Luke"]sCaf3n3n86U[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

Sure Fire-bending was by its nature a hundred times more awesome than any of the others (at least visually and offensively) but throwing in the ability to generate lighting ? Yeah, I think my movie link just about sums it up.

Oh and kudos to anyone who gets the reference.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][center][IMG]http://a7.vox.com/6a00c22523d659604a01101675faa7860d-500pi[/IMG][/center][/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Futurama/futurama_bender_s_big_score_image__2_.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]That sounds more earth (the stubborn part) than fire. :)[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I don't know, Zuko is pretty strong willed and stubborn. But he's also obsessed with his honour. But the Fire Nation has drive and determination (Just re-watched [B]Bitter Work[/B]) to get their goals and that's really how I am.

[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='chibi-master']And that just makes it all worth it, doesn't it?:p[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is all worth it:) Also, a little off topic, but props Chibi- master for you're sig and avatar, I love it!:box:

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I don't know, Zuko is pretty strong willed and stubborn. But he's also obsessed with his honour. But the Fire Nation has drive and determination (Just re-watched [B]Bitter Work[/B]) to get their goals and that's really how I am.
[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I think Zuko could've passed as an earthbender lol. Comparing him to every other firebender, I definately think he's the only stubborn firebender. That is if you don't count Zhao, but I think he was an idiot. :) But I gotcha.[/FONT]