OtakuBoards

FFX: International

RicoTranzrig

the same as ff7 international, in the US, they added a few extra stuff that was not in the japanese version, in ff7 it was ruby and emerald weapon, and less random battles, it also came with a making of cd....

with ffx international, there will be a making of cd, though nothing has been said whether anything extra will be included in the game, international will not be released in US or EU shores and is a japanese only title....

hope that helped....

It makes me think Japan is a little selfish when it comes to releasing special game packaging...I just heard that the lip-syncing would be fixed, better facial animations, 5.1 Surround (even though I can tell it's in the original game already), and a new sphere grid system...eh, plus the casing is in leather or something like that... oi vey!

I don't necessarily think that the Japanese are selfish. The video game industry just does stronger business there. I remember hearing that Final Fantasy VII was being sold in convenience stores. Someone correct me if it's false, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct there. Square probably realizes that releasing the game again in Japan will be quite profitible. In the U.S. however, I'm not too sure that gamers on the majority are hardcore enough to buy the game over again.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I don't necessarily think that the Japanese are selfish. The video game industry just does stronger business there. I remember hearing that Final Fantasy VII was being sold in convenience stores. Someone correct me if it's false, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct there. Square probably realizes that releasing the game again in Japan will be quite profitible. In the U.S. however, I'm not too sure that gamers on the majority are hardcore enough to buy the game over again. [/B][/QUOTE]

I heard something of that nature too, i'can't remember where though, might have been an unreliable source.

Japan definatly has the strongest gaming market in the world, and most of the game developers are situated in Japan. So for this reason japan gets everything first, and they get all the special stuff, that isn't good enough to export out of Japan.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]It makes me think Japan is a little selfish when it comes to releasing special game packaging...I just heard that the lip-syncing would be fixed, better facial animations, 5.1 Surround (even though I can tell it's in the original game already), and a new sphere grid system...eh, plus the casing is in leather or something like that... oi vey! [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah it kinda does, because I ust goty this new game for christmas and it said for Japan only![/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Yeah it kinda does, because I ust goty this new game for christmas and it said for Japan only![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness this is funny! It sounds to me like you received an imported game for Christmas. Of course it's only going to work in Japan! That doesn't make them selfish!!:laugh: The Japanese consoles can't play American games either!

hah it seems ill have to learn japanese and get import ps2 if i want to play the "international" version(s).

if japan was selfish theyd make it so youd have to be japanese to play the game. like you pop in the disc then all of the sudden the game pops out and the screen says "Sorry this game is for Japanese only" lol...then youd have to try and trick the ps2 into thinking your japanese and stuff and....oh ok.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Oh my goodness this is funny! It sounds to me like you received an imported game for Christmas. Of course it's only going to work in Japan! That doesn't make them selfish!!:laugh: The Japanese consoles can't play American games either! [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah but they have the games we have, and the american version costed about like $300.[/SIZE]