OtakuBoards

Breakfast Anyone?

Horendithas

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm the opposite when it comes to milk for breakfast. I can't have anything except whole milk, because otherwise it feels like I'm drinking white water. Skim milk makes me gag. Although 2% chocolate milk is good if you shake it up well enough.

As far as my breakfast habits go, I normally just munch on a bowl of cereal. I like Frosted Flakes and Frosted Wheaties the best. Frosted Shredded wheat is pretty good as well. I also enjoy eating mandarin Oranges for breakfast, and normally I have my daily dose of caffeine in the form of a Soda that I pack along for the day's trip. Although with Breakfast I do enjoy having Sunny Delight.

Yum.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I always have breakfast. I have a waffle maker and I love making them fresh. I mix things up by using maple syrup one day, fruit preserves the next, or fresh fruit, cream cheese, etc. Sometimes I'll make some sausage, bacon or scrambled eggs to go with it. I usually have some type of juice with it. [/FONT]

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']But, the ultimate breakfast in my mind consists of eggs, bacon, and home fries. That's just good stuff right there, it's making me salivate right now just thinking about it.[/quote]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]That's the single most vicious post in this thread right there. I was perfectly content until I read that, and now I'm hungry for just that.

To be fair, I actually regularly have eggs & bacon for breakfast, when I get up early enough to eat it. That or Honey Bunch of Oats cereal, sans milk, which is just awesome. But I definitely prefer a hot breakfast to start the day off.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"]High school makes it very difficult to eat properly. I have to leave my house so early in the morning that I don't have time to make a decent breakfast, but for some reason whenever I do eat before 7:30 I get sick.

Most of the time I will take something with me to tide me over until lunch, though. I like bagels with plain cream cheese, and most of the time I will have a Special K meal bar.

When I'm not in school, breakfast is a lot more arbitrary. Sometimes I will go CRAZY and make a giant omelette with breakfast potatoes, cheese, onions, and Morningstar vegetarian sausage links. Sometimes I will just eat the sausages. Sometimes there's toast with blackberry jam involved.

I love going out for breakfast, though I never get to do it. Village Inn is pretty much my favorite restaurant all the time because of their strawberry and cream cheese crepes.

I'm also a huge fan of Panera and Einstein Bro's.

I can't do fast food breakfast, though, partially because I don't eat meat and partially because it's just gross.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]I love going out for breakfast, though I never get to do it. Village Inn is pretty much my favorite restaurant all the time because of their strawberry and cream cheese crepes.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]Oh my God, I LOVE CREPES! I love them so, so much. ;_; I'm so jealous of French people for having regular access to amazing crepes. A girl in one of my classes said that when her family went to Paris on vacation for a week, every morning they would walk across the street to the bakery & get crepes. n_n

I also like the more salty/floury crepes that you use with meat and fish. Those are quite good, as well.[/color]

[quote name='Wikipedia']In France, Candlemas (French: La Chandeleur) is celebrated with crêpes, which must be eaten only after eight p.m. If the cook can flip a crêpe while holding a coin in the other hand, the family is assured of prosperity throughout the coming year.[/quote]

[quote name='Roxie Faye'][color=#9933cc]Oh my God, I LOVE CREPES!.[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Arial"]
They're the best breakfast type food ever invented. I came up with a sort of hierarchy once, I wonder if I can remember it...

1. Crepes
2. Bagels
3. Waffles
4. French toast
5. Belgian waffles
6. Pancakes (which, more often than not, I hate hate hate)
7. Muffins[/FONT]

[quote=Clurr][FONT=Arial]1. Crepes
2. Bagels
3. Waffles
4. French toast
5. Belgian waffles
6. Pancakes (which, more often than not, I hate hate hate)
7. Muffins[/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Whoah whoah whoah whoah....

I'm fairly certain you meant:

1. Crepes
2. Belgian waffles
3. Muffins
4. Pancakes
5. French toast
6. Waffles
7. Bagles

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Whoah whoah whoah whoah....

I'm fairly certain you meant:

1. Crepes
2. Belgian waffles
3. Muffins
4. Pancakes
5. French toast
6. Waffles
7. Bagles
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Arial"]
Absolutely not. Bagels are practically bread, while everything below is practically cake. Gross.[/FONT]

[color=#9933cc]Bagels are also amazing. You have good taste in breakfast foods, Clurr!

The reason you people probably don't like bagels is because you're not from North Jersey/NYC. This is the only place in the entire country that has good bagels. Everywhere else sucks miserably. Even central Jersey (where I go to school). ;_;

The water makes the bagels taste good, which is why "good" bagels are restricted only to one area. Hell, all the bread where I am is FANTASTIC. And apparently the water in CA is not good for bread making, because California pizza is icky. My friend's brother lives in California, and when he comes to visit, she says all he eats is pizza, b/c you can't get good pizza out there.[/color]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][QUOTE=chibi-master]I detest bagels. Eating one of those abominations is like chewing on boot leather.

Anyway, if I eat before noon, I usually feel sick to my stomach until lunch.[/QUOTE]You have to get the right kind. We have a local bakery here that makes them. Their fresh bagels are really good. Nothing like the sad bland store stuff. The blueberry ones they make are really good.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Indi][COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]I got to thinking about this since Nathan picked up one of those big breakfasts from McDonald's the other day and ate the entire thing. He's one of those guys who is on the scrawny side and yet eats a lot. For myself, all I can mange is maybe one of those biscuits with either sausage or egg, but not both, it's just too much.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]I can't help it if I get hungry. Also, it's no wonder you don't eat a lot. You're the tiny one dear. =P

Anyway, I like having a decent sized breakfast or I end up finding myself hungry later on. I like hot cereal like oatmeal, though cold cereal is good too. I tend to avoid the bacon, sausage and eggs deal since the greasy content just makes me tired. But every once in a while, it's nice to have. [/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Well... I have to 'eat' breakfast at 5:50 AM every morning.
I don't think that just drinking fruit juice and eating an assortment of cherries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries count? Or does it?
It's the only thing I can stomach, anyway... although sometimes if I'm feeling self indulgent I WILL eat icecream... at 5:50 in the morning.

Random berry breakfasts are the best way to live!