OtakuBoards

Breakfast Anyone?

Horendithas

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]You can blame this thread on both Allamorph and my fiancé Nathan... Anyway, apparently some people's idea of breakfast is something that I can't even imagine being able to eat. Not because it wouldn't taste good, but rather because I don't know where the hell I'd manage to put it. I don't have a hollow leg after all. o_O

I got to thinking about this since Nathan picked up one of those big breakfasts from McDonald's the other day and ate the entire thing. He's one of those guys who is on the scrawny side and yet eats a lot. For myself, all I can mange is maybe one of those biscuits with either sausage or egg, but not both, it's just too much.

So to make this interesting, what do you normally have for breakfast? I tend to go with maybe a bagel or some fruit. Sometimes I'll have some low fat cottage cheese. Oh and if you have any amusing breakfast stories, feel free to share them. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

I can't say I have any amusing stories, though I pulled the old unscrew the cap on the pepper on a friend when I made us breakfast when we were younger.

As far as me I tend to skip breakfast alot, working third shift and then heading straight to class it usually involves stocking my backpack with Granola bars (yum) or the occasional stop of at Tim Hortons for a sandwich.

[color=deeppink]With the exception of bacon, I hate all traditional breakfast foods. If I eat breakfast (which I rarely do), it's generally just a sandwich or a hot dog or something.

Last summer, however, I started eating Cheerios every morning before work, because I knew if I didn't I'd be miserable after about an hour. It was a short-lived habit, born mostly out of desperation.[/color]

I rarely eat breakfast anymore. I get up way to late in the day around 12:30pm. I usually need to rush to get ready and get to my first class at 1:35. I even skip lunch most of the time. To make up for I have a large dinner in the the after noon around 4:00.

If I do get a chances to eat its most likely going to be coco pebbles. Chocolate first thing is always fun. Sometimes if I really feeling energetic (not to often) I'll cook bacon and eggs with some fruit on the side and tall glass of milk.

[size=1]I am similar to Nathan in that sense, I suppose. I can pack away about ten meals a day, plus consistent snacking, and not gain a pound over my constant 120. Therefore I pig out majorly during breakfast. I'm a sucker for stuff like pancakes and french toast, although the syrup can make me sick if I have too much. Sometimes it's just worth the tummy ache :][/size]

[size=1][font=tahoma]Uhm..I'd definately say that I tend not to eat breakfast. Which I know, is like really bad for you and it's suppose to be the meal that gives you a lot of energy for the day and everything but it makes me feel too full. When I do eat breakfast, mostly its french toast with maple syrup. I do enjoy waffles and pancakes though occasionally!

But normally, I'll just eat a banana or something small otherwise I feel sick. Too much in the morning, gives me a stomache ache as well. [/size][/font]

[color=crimson]Chorizo and egg tacos are a frequent breakfast of mine. I have also been known to partake in a tasty bagel and cream cheese combo.

I'm not sure I have an amusing breakfast story. Amusement and early mornings do not usually appear in tandem. :([/color]

[SIZE="1"]...yeah, I tend to skip breakfast, too. I know it isn't good for you and all that shizz, but I'm normally in a hurry in the morning. But when I DO eat breakfast, it really isn't anything outside of a bowl of cereal and milk.

However, I do love Cini Minis from Burger King and Cinnamon Melts from McDonalds. D: That's to DIE for, man.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I'm not a big breakfast person any more, mostly because since starting college I tend to wake up just late enough so that I can shower and get to a lecture on time thus enjoying a few minutes extra sleep but not have a chance to eat a breakfast. Doesn't really bother me because I've never really enjoyed the taste of food early in the morning (cereal and toast always taste so bland after you've just worken up) and it saves a bit of cash to just wait until lunch.

On the other hand having exams all this week means I've managed to take a Barocca tablet with a pint of water and a chicken sandwich out of the belief it'll somehow help me study better beforehand.[/SIZE]

[size=1]If I actually decide I feel like making breakfast, it's usually some form of scrambled eggs, with sauage or bacon, and some toast (preferably wheat).

If I don't feel like taking the time to cook bacon, I'll see if we have any bacon bits lying around.

It's even better when I have left over sausage from dinners. I'll usually cut those up into thin slices and mix them up with my eggs. Melt some cheese over it and drizzle on some salsa.

Good stuff. Eat it with some toast or roll it up in a tortilla.[/size]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Breakfast has never been an occasion for special foods for me. I like bacon and cereal, but other than that, like Nerdsy, I almost never eat traditional breakfast foods. I'll eat whatever is good and around. I've eaten ramen noodles, hot pockets, turkey sandwhiches, spaghetti, pizza (cold and hot), cake, fried rice.... really whatever.

[/color][/size]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I don't believe in meals or meal-specific foods.

When I'm [I]hungry[/I], I eat [I]food[/I] until I'm [I]not hungry[/I] anymore.

I ain't gonna let The Man hold me down.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I tend to just grab whatever is the easiest. Sometimes I actually have cereal around, other times it's leftovers from dinner the night before. Lately I've been eating grapenuts with banana slices in it. I don't like either one by itself all the much, but together they're quite tasty.

Ahh, breakfast. A meal often missed. I love food, so whenever I have enough time to eat between waking up late and getting to class late, I snack on whatever's in my cupboard. I do enjoy a big farm breakfast every now and again, but I'd be perfectly content with a bowl or two of cereal every morning, preferably with fruit inside.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I have trouble with low blood sugar, so I never skip breakfast. Otherwise, I get sick, literally. However I pretty much never eat breakfast food since it just makes me sick. I have a type of protein shake that I have since it gives me the boost I need for my blood sugar levels. It's not the most exciting stuff but it works really well, heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#9933cc]I don't have low blood sugar, but I do tend to feel nauteous if I don't have breakfast.

I like ceral - frosted cheerios or frosted flakes. Sometimes I don't have time to sit down for a bowl, so I'll grab a banana & a muffin on my way to class. On the weekends I like bagels or eggs.

The only thing I can't do is have cereal with milk in countries other than the USA. I guess they process milk differently & have difference enzymes, because drinking the milk makes me so sick I just want to keel over. *_*[/color]

[quote name='Roxie Faye][color=#9933cc']The only thing I can't do is have cereal with milk in countries other than the USA. I guess they process milk differently & have difference enzymes, because drinking the milk makes me so sick I just want to keel over. *_*[/color][/quote]I forgot about that since it's been a long time since I was outside the US. But I know what you're talking about. o_O

[font=franklin gothic medium]It's interesting you mention the difference in milk. I've had friends who went to the US say that they didn't like the milk there because it was very heavy as compared to what we drink. Interesting.

As far as breakfast goes, I tend to like either cereal or toast and orange juice. So, pretty basic stuff I guess.

I can't personally understand eating pastries and very heavy foods in the morning.

Having said that, I've [i]occasionally[/i] had a hot breakfast (as in, bacon and sausages and stuff like that), but I tend to only do that if I'm at a hotel or going out to a cafe/restaurant for breakfast. It's not something I'd really do at home (and definitely not every day).[/font]

You naughty people, not eating breakfast... [i]for shame![/i]
Didn't you ever read the sides of cereal boxes that told you not having breakfast in the morning makes it harder for you to concentrate and your brain craps out on you if you do and crap? So yeah, *fingerwaggle*

Myself, I tend to eat oatmeal in the morning. I find I can't stomach stuff like toast within an hour or two of waking up, and I don't like cold cereal, so oatmeal's the best bet.
But, the ultimate breakfast in my mind consists of eggs, bacon, and home fries. That's just good stuff right there, it's making me salivate right now just thinking about it.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I forgot about that since it's been a long time since I was outside the US. But I know what you're talking about. o_O[/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]I'm glad I'm not the only one. ^_^ Actually, someone recently told me that when you go to a foreign country, you should first eat yogurt, to get used to the type of bacteria they have there... perhaps I shall try it the next time I go abroad.[/color]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]It's interesting you mention the difference in milk. I've had friends who went to the US say that they didn't like the milk there because it was very heavy as compared to what we drink. Interesting.[/font][/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]Interesting indeed. Even among friends in the US, I always have the "whole vs. skim vs. 2% debate" and which ones taste better or are better for you... etc. Very interesting.[/color]

I usually eat ceriel whoever the hell you spell it. ANyway I may even eat pizza if we have it. I gotta fast metabolism gaining mass more than body fat. I dont believe in the not eat such and such at this time or whatever. And theres nothing like whole milk. To me that 2% crap is glorified water.

[quote name='Roxie Faye'][color=#9933cc]I'm glad I'm not the only one. ^_^ Actually, someone recently told me that when you go to a foreign country, you should first eat yogurt, to get used to the type of bacteria they have there... perhaps I shall try it the next time I go abroad.[/color][/quote]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Thanks for the heads up. I have to go to Canada in a few months to meet my boyfriend's family. But Oh dear God I am worried about meeting his father. But yeah i will eat Canadian yogurt.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote][color=#9933cc]Interesting indeed. Even among friends in the US, I always have the "whole vs. skim vs. 2% debate" and which ones taste better or are better for you... etc. Very interesting.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I prefer skim, I've been drinking it since college and now can't even drink 1% without thinking it's too heavy. I give my daughter either 2% or whole milk because she's underweight.

As for myself and breakfast it really depends on the day and when I work. Whenever I had to go in at 6am or 7am at my old full time job I just had coffee beforehand because I ate breakfast with the residents. Or sometimes a co-worker would buy breakfast (Darren did it last Sunday- which was pretty cool). We usually have toast, cereal sausage bacon or oatmeal there. SOmetimes pancakes or french toast.

The 7am shift at my per diem job requires me to bring my own breakfast and then nibble at it until 9:30/10am when we can sit and eat before finishing tidies. I usually bring cereal (Special K Vanilla Almond) my skim milk, maybe yougurt and juice.

Any other time it depends on my mood. A lot of weekends when I have off I make pancakes or waffles (the home made kind not frozen) along with sausage and juice. Or I just have cereal0 again I've grown addicted to the SPecial K Vanilla Almond. And I like V8 Fusion. I'm torn between the peach mango (which a co worker accidentally picked up for me one day and now I love it) or the strawberry banana.

Hmm breakfast stories. Well there was the time my ex husband who thought he could do anything tried to make me an egg before work. He forgot to spray the pan and had the heat up too high so he burnt the egg. Thank God I worked in food service at the time and got fed there.

There was also the time I was working at McDonalds when I was pregnant. I went to my locker and my friend had left me a sausage McGriddle because management wouldn't let me take a meal break and I got hungry around 10am after being there since 5:30.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I prefer skim, I've been drinking it since college and now can't even drink 1% without thinking it's too heavy. I give my daughter either 2% or whole milk because she's underweight.[/color][/font'][/size][/quote]I prefer the skim as well, at least for drinking or cereal. The other is just too heavy and I don't care for the taste. However if I'm making something that requires milk, like mac and cheese or say a cake, then I prefer to use 2% or whole milk.