OtakuBoards

Last day of high school forever!!!

xxxscenekidxxx

tomorrow is the last day that i will have to go to high school!!! i was just thinking about what i am going to do after this... i haven't thought about it much.. i'm thinking about going into game design since i love art and computers are pretty much my life lol my dads a programmer so im around them a lot... so anyways, i was just wondering what all of you guys plan to do after high school...

[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"][CENTER]Ha. I'm a freshman.
I think I'd really hate to leave highschool.
I don't know what I'd do with myself.
Go out and become a pyschologist, or something.

:o[/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Graphic Design major here. Our little rural school actually has the best program in the state, probably the entire region. It's balls-to-the-wall intense, though. I just got done with Graphics I, and I've already had to pull a few all-nighters and some almost-all-nighters, and it only gets tougher from here. Tons of fun, though--goofing around in the lab, eating food that people's parents/girlfriends/other relations bring in for us, watching the sun come up as we put the final touches on our projects.

[size=1]*Scratches head* Over here it works out you have five years of complusory high school and then college where you choose all your subjects and you can choose whether or not to go. Then you go to Uni. I think, from what I know, I'm technically in American terms a 'high school drop out' since I dropped out of college.

But I studied Philosophy and Theology, Geography and both English subjects when I was there.

I knew I wanted to be a writer of some kind, hence the two English subjects, but I got pretty far already with no qualifications (except awesome GCSEs) and little experience.

(Three hundred pound steady a month is the start of a grand career for me).[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Class of 08 here, and I spent my first year of college in general studies. I had flip-flopped through majors before finally deciding on general studies just before I started college. So, it's common to not know what you want to do, especially when you're fresh out of high school.

Though I think I've finally made up my mind for a major -- Radio & Television, with a minor in Creative Writing. I'll need to do some research to see if I really want to do it, but it's what I'm leaning towards.[/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]Just finished my first year of college.

I had always wanted to minor/double major in graphic design, production, something along those lines. But I ended up going to a strictly liberal arts college, so hopefully I'll get into the journalism program here and see where that takes me. Or transfer. Although I just got out of an interview with a television station so maybe I can get by with experience. Who knows?

But I'm probably going to law school, so I guess the only thing I should really be concentrating on is keeping my GPA up. har har. [/font]

Wish I would've went straight to college, instead I enlisted and have spent the past 6 years trying to get some college done between deployments.

I'm finally getting out soon so I should be done deploying, but I've finally settled on a major and have began working on my structural engineering degree

[size=1]I just graduated with a degree in German Philology. I don't see myself using it too much. (I learned a lot of interesting stuff, but the general career track for this major seems to be "professor," and I'm not interested in grad school right now.)

Instead, I will be working at a couple educational museums in my area. I spent several years volunteering at one of them, and I'm pleased to now have a job there.

It's just as well—very few of my graduating friends have any employment at all right now, much less employment that fits with their majors or their interests. The economy isn't very encouraging for recent graduates. But I have a job at a place that I love, so I'm pretty lucky.[/size]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I plan on looking around for colleges for a while, raise a bit of cash and then go. I want to go to college for creative writing, and for directing and acting. I think those perfessions would go hand in hand. Also, I might try getting into Crane School of Music here in Potsdam NY. Next year I'm taking a journalism class, and a music theory class.

Until then, It's a few more years of school left.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I just finished my first year of college.

I'm a business economics major and I'm not entirely sure what I'd like to do with it, but I think being an actuary would be rather fun. Currently I'm looking at different grad school options because I'm not aware of all of my options.

Good luck figuring out what you want to do. :)[/SIZE]

Oh, high school. How I hated my time there. I could've came out (if I really tried) with at least a 3.5, but I didn't really care. Caught senoritize in the 11th grade and it stuck with me through the 12th. But I graduated on time so, yeah....

After I came out of high school I took a year off, and then that year turned into 6 years. So, I do advise that if you take time off, get yourself a job so you won't get too lazy. (Unless you live in Michigan where it seems impossible to get a job.)

Anyway, it's been 7 years since I've been in high school. Come June, and I'm at the halfway mark of my first year in college. (I'm on a quarter system, and this is my 3rd.) My major is Computer Drafting and Design (Architecture and Engineering), or rather I chose to stick with it now since I was gonna switch to Visual Communications. Found my stride and whatnot.