OtakuBoards

Batman Arkham Asylum

the_fizz

[center][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]We just got it![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]I want to be the first to say [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]to,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]"WOW!":animeknow [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff]I will keep you all posted as we playthru. But feel free to post on your playthrus, maybe we can help each other out in sticky places.:catgirl:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/center]

[LEFT][quote name='Magus']I don't have it yet, but reading all the reviews for it makes me want it even more. Seriously, a Batman game getting 9's from every review site. Can't wait to get my hands on this game. I want to try out detective mode.[/quote][/LEFT]

[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][center]Oh if your a big Batman fan you will want to get this one. The twist are worth it!!!!! Got to luv the side chalenges online, they are exellent!!!!!!! Its the best game since Metal Gear Solid 4. ITS A 10!!!!!!!!!:catgirl:[/center][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='the_fizz'][COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][center]Its the best game since Metal Gear Solid 4. ITS A 10!!!!!!!!!:catgirl:[/center][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
That's a pretty bold statement there. MGS4 has me nerding out like no other game has ever done before. (and this is just from watching it being played by someone else.) Not to mention I normally keep my composure when it comes to games. And that's some pretty big shoes for Batman: Arkham Asylum to fill, especially considering that I hear it's fairly short compared to most other games that are similar to it. But to hear it being compared to MGS4, I'm definately going to get it, but I won't set my expectations that high XD.

I bought it two days ago and I have to see I'm inclined to agree with the reviewers giving it high praises. It's a game that truly lets you feel that you are playing Batman. Other games had some concepts of the Dark Knight down, but this game is the most complete in having the aspects of Batman's abilities and personality in my opinion.

Plus it has a bit of a Metroid vibe with the map and backtracking and getting new gadgets that let you explore more, and that's pretty cool.

[FONT="Tahoma"]I don't often say this about games...not even Fallout 3 got this comment from me, but this game goes above and beyond its hype and reviews. Only one thing ruins it, which is [spoiler]its very weak and uninspired ending[/spoiler].

Just about everything else about the game is done near to perfection. From the flawless graphical presentation with great animation, character appearance, and lots of great detail. to the terrific way the game encompasses practically the entire history of the Batman universe in some way or another.

The villains that are featured are portrayed in fantastic fashion, especially [spoiler]Scarecrow, who absolutely steals the game with his boss challenges and scenes of delivering horror unto Batman. I couldn't have been happier to see my absolute favorite Batman villain get this kind of respect. You know...until Croc got a hold of him.[/spoiler] Lots of great involvement, from the Riddler's challenges providing endless things to do on the side throughout the entire game's story progression to the Joker's hilarious banter.

Dialogue and voice acting is great, and everything comes together in a terrific way. The game has this tremendous feel of authenticity to it. The only way I can think to explain it is that as convincing of an action game that easily caters to fans and non-fans of Batman alike, it always from start to finish feels like a true Batman game. Old norms pushed, new things added, but never changed or degenerated. I don't want to say too much more since the game is still pretty new and many people will not have finished yet. Definitely worth playing. [/FONT]

I was hesitant to pre-order this game just due to the simple fact that seemingly ALL movie based videogames get decent praise pre-release and then fall massively short.

I sat and watched my buddy play the other night for everybit of 3 hours and was enthralled the whole time...though the negative response to my several "ewww awww...oh oh can I try?" made me do this :( :angry2: :animecry: :grumble: :animecry:

• 3 months later...
While I realize this is a tad old thread now...

I just had a joy-gasm...

[URL]http://arkhamhasmoved.com/us/[/URL]

There's already a sequel. Just the teaser site but still rather happy I decided to watch the VGA's, first teaser of the show.

Edit: Almost forgot since the link for the trailer just goes to Spike...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfnxZvxJqeQ[/url]

• 1 month later...
[color=darkred][size=1][b]Arkham Asylum[/b] is pretty flippin' sweet, yes. I'm a huge comic nerd, obviously, and Batman is one of my (well, everyone's) favorites. It's good to see the character finally get the treatment he deserves, and it was great to see Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil come back to do the voice work.

My only real complaint about the game is the lack of a truly "epic" boss battle. They were fun, yes, but they rarely felt like anything more than a larger nuisance than the normal thugs you encountered throughout the game. The way the game held your hand so much was borderline aggravating too, but I typically suck at stealth games so in a lot of places it was pretty welcome too.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]It was just a matter of time. I wonder whose going to be in this one. I still need to play this one though.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]If you go to the website for the game, ArkhamHasMoved.com, it's fairly evident that [spoiler]Two-Face[/spoiler] is going to make an appearance. Also, from the clues in the trailer, it's a safe bet that [spoiler]The Penguin and Black Mask[/spoiler] put in appearances too.[/color][/size]