OtakuBoards

You Just Can't Make This Up.

Allamorph

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/aa/Balloon_Boy_Hoax_-_14.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=DimGray]"I did it for the show"
[SIZE=2]- Balloon Boy[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=DimGray]

2003 - 2009[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]R.I.P.

[/center]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I found this bit on it rather... interesting. [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33340547/ns/us_news-life/"][U]Article[/U][/URL][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][COLOR="#862A51"]Apparently the link updated. It really [I]was[/I] a hoax.

Tch.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The most awesome parents in the world. That's like #3 on the top ten list of names to run away from really fast.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#862A51][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]Would #1 and #2 happen to be Adolf Hitler Campbell and Aryan Nation Campbell?[/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='Sangome'][size=1][color=#862A51][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]Would #1 and #2 happen to be Adolf Hitler Campbell and Aryan Nation Campbell?[/size][/color][/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No, those are uncool parents. Those names are in those places on the top ten list of Names That Should Have Triggered Social Service Radar Before the Birth Certificate Even Left the Hospital.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]This one makes me cringe.

[URL="http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/16/australia.baby.train.escape/index.html"]Train baby linkity link[/URL]

A mother let go of her baby's stroller for a moment, & it fell under a moving train. The baby is alright.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't have a link to this - and I'm not sure that this is even the relevant thread - but can anyone explain what the [i]teabaggers[/i] are (regarding the health debate in the US?)

I have an idea about what teabagging is supposed to be and the idea that crowds of "teabaggers" are turning up to town halls with guns is quite frightening. I wouldn't have thought teabagging and loaded weapons made a good combination.[/font]

[FONT=Calibri]It was intended to be a "clever" retort to the large Tea Party movement that occurred in reaction to the health care proposal here. Those who wished to cast aspersions on said people began calling them "teabaggers" because of the play on the slightly less polite meaning.

Oh, the maturity of our nation.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]It was intended to be a "clever" retort to the large Tea Party movement that occurred in reaction to the health care proposal here. Those who wished to cast aspersions on said people began calling them "teabaggers" because of the play on the slightly less polite meaning.

Oh, the maturity of our nation.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]And was the Tea Party movement a reference to the Boston Tea Party by any chance? If so, that's probably an even more laughable play on words.

Also to clarify, is the Tea Party movement the same as the town hall meetings?[/font]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]It was intended to be a "clever" retort to the large Tea Party movement that occurred in reaction to the health care proposal here. Those who wished to cast aspersions on said people began calling them "teabaggers" because of the play on the slightly less polite meaning.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well, it's a good thing Chuck Norris wasn't involved in that movement. Last thing we need is a crowd of angry potatosackers.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]And was the Tea Party movement a reference to the Boston Tea Party by any chance? If so, that's probably an even more laughable play on words.

Also to clarify, is the Tea Party movement the same as the town hall meetings?[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Calibri]Yes and yes.[/FONT]

[quote name='taperson'][youtube="Very Sad: Cheerleader Gets A Flu Shot & Now She Can Only Walk Backwards!"]mScGC7nFDxM[/youtube]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]This is just bizarre.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]W...T...F...?[/SIZE] o_O

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="#862A51"][URL="http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/09/24/loselose-offers-invasive-interactivity"]http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/09/24/loselose-offers-invasive-interactivity[/URL]

what[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Da Developer']As technology grows, our understanding of it diminishes, yet, at the same time, it becomes increasingly important in our lives. At what point does our virtual data become as important to us as physical possessions? If we have reached that point already, what real objects do we value less than our data?[/quote]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Translation: Your report on quantum physics is due on Monday and my game not only deleted the file itself but also MS Word? Here's a bunch of philosophical technobabble to confuse you out of suing me.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Translation: Your report on quantum physics is due on Monday and my game not only deleted the file itself but also MS Word? Here's a bunch of philosophical technobabble to confuse you out of suing me.[/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
By "suing" I take it you mean tracking the creator down and bludgeoning him to death with a sack of oranges ?[/SIZE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]...thing is, if someone downloads that and gets angry and wants to bludgeon the creator, despite the repeated, repeated warnings, then that's the [I]player's[/I] own freakin' fault. Not the creator's.

Honestly, after conversing with one of my friends about it briefly, I find it a fascinating social experiment. I wouldn't take the risk, myself, though. But, for those that wish to do so, system restore exists for a reason. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"]And if they don't bother to check that before shooting the "aliens", well, sucks to be them! :animesmil

Anyway, here, have something new to chew on.

[U][url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_odd_intruder_toy_bat_attack]This woman is awesome. But this man is also a complete and total pansy.[/url][/U][/FONT][/SIZE]