OtakuBoards

The Weekly Top 5!

Xyandar

So I've been trying to think of ways to increase some activity on Otakuboards, so I came up with a little idea I would like to call the weekly top 5! It's pretty simple. I will think of a topic for the week and people can participate by creating and adding a piece of art that has to do with the topic for the week. People can also comment on the artwork being submitted during the week. At the end of the week, I can look at the artwork and come up with what I think would be the weekly top 5 best pieces of artwork :). it might be a little slow to start but i could see this getting quite interesting =)

As for this week, because this is the first weekly top 5, I am just going to pick a simple topic: [B]General Anime[/B]. Just make a piece of an anime that you like and submit it here :) On Friday, December 11th, I will announce the top 5 of the week, as well as start another topic! I will also be reviewing the submissions throughout the week and leaving feedback as well =)

uhhh sure?? not sure what that is im assuming Story of the week or something ''of the week''... but yes thats what this is. I just want to see some artwork submitted and then i can go over it along with others and judge what you like best and what is the best 5 of the week..if we get 5. It'll be a bit to get started i guess i need to get some people interested in taking part in this. I m hoping this will improve some activity.

Actually, the SOTW is the Signature of the Week we had bi-weekly for about 12 bi-weeks. It kind of died, partly because I kind of kept forgetting to post a new thread since the last one had no entries.

Anyway! I like this idea!

Hehe I'm glad you enjoy the idea I hope it attracts the attention of some artists :)!

Yay our first entry! Thanks[B] Critic [/B]your very nice piece of art! I really like the vibrant pink colors it makes the character look as if he is surrounded in energy or an aura! Very nice and thanks again for the submission!

I know its the weekly top 5 and it's been over a week lol but I'm going to wait until I see at least 5 pieces submitted before deciding in case someone is working on one and I make the decision too soon. After Its decided I will pick a new topic to create(could be music, games, tv, movies, anime, etc..) and we will start it again! It might be better to make this bi-weekly if the activity doesn't increase by the next decisions. We'll see =)

[font=trebuchet ms]Xyander, this forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, but this is a fun idea. You might get more interest in your project if you put a link to this thread in your signature.

Also, your signature image is only showing up as a link, not as an image.

[img]http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6568/xyandarbannerjq0.jpg[/img][/font]

Hey Sara thanks for the suggestion i will add a link into my Sig so people can see the Weekly Top Five. I know this doesnt get much traffic thats why im hoping this could improve activity at some point. it takes a while to get peoples interest but i think it could be done :) and thanks i know my pic doesnt work i posted it on a site like 4 years ago and i doubt its even a site anymore..lol i need to make a new one.

Edit: Sorry i forgot to answer Cat's Question yes you can use any artwork you would like :)please submit whatever you have

naw you can submit as many as you want:) The more, the better! However, to keep it fair to others who only submit one, We will only use one piece of art from each person to decide on the Top 5. I'll obviously take into consideration which piece of art I think looks the best in certain ways. I'm hoping this can work out nice and fairly =) If anyone has any better suggestions on judging them I'd love to hear em.