OtakuBoards

What do you want from Nifty 50 '09 ?

Gavin

[SIZE=1]I would've liked to have been able to put the "you" part in bold but c'est la vie.

So we're in December which means we're roughly a month away from the next incarnation of OtakuBoards famous (sort of) Nifty 50 competition and as the person responsible for setting up and maintaining it, I was wondering if there were any changes OB's members would like to see made to the event ?

Should we add something like [B]OtakuBoard's Niftiest[/B] for the most voted thread, happening or person ? Create a small cadre of awards for the Niftiest of each forum ?

Obviously these are just ideas but I'm very eager to here member's thoughts on this subject, just to freshen things up a bit hopefully.
[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I like the idea of doing stuff from every Forum, but I think the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. I think the member nominations system works great and with the new base of members that we have this year, I'm sure there are some really nifty things to be had. :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=lucida fax]
I'm for the Niftiest Something idea. It only being a number one place and not a top something. And maybe we could add some sort of honourable mention or reward of some sort fort the most original nomination, which would boost people's creativity.

While I was taking my time posting this, two people have posted in between saying the system's not broken, which I agree on. However, you can still add more glamour and glitter to a not-broken thing to make it more fun! Whee!

I do not think any idea should replace the original concept, but that's hardly possible anyway because there's not much to the original concept anyway. Except for time put into tallying votes and making pretty banners and such. Ha.
[/font]

• 1 month later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]I also have a general question (and I hope this is the right place to put it).

Should we just nominate stuff that was [i]first created[/i] in 2009, or can we also nominate stuff that sort of became prominent or was still active and cool in 2009?

Boo pointed out my necromancy in the nominations thread, which I didn't notice at first (because I set the OB filter to 365 days - go figure?), but I just wasn't sure if that was legit.

I don't want to confuse you guys when you count up the nominations! :catgirl:[/font]

[SIZE=1]I hadn't really thought about it to be honest, although I'd probably say threads that were made within the calender year in question, 09 in this case. I don't mind though unless anyone has an objection to it.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]I hadn't really thought about it to be honest, although I'd probably say threads that were made within the calender year in question, 09 in this case. I don't mind though unless anyone has an objection to it.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yep, that's cool. I scrubbed my nomination for that other thread because I wanted to be fair to the actual 2009 stuff, haha.[/font]

[SIZE=1][quote name='taperson'][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Tits or gtfo.[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/quote]

[/SIZE] [CENTER][SIZE=1][IMG]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2553987/2/istockphoto_2553987-great-tits.jpg[/IMG]

[/SIZE][LEFT][SIZE=1]Satisfied ?[/SIZE]
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]