Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]That's disgusting.







[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Your uterus-lacking presence in this thread is ~*~AwKwArD~*~.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I really don't keep track of when my periods happen. I just know that when my dads girlfriend has hers, I have mine the next day. Its been like that for a year or so now.

[QUOTE]Heck, I would then be considered the epitome of womanliness then! My pediatrician keeps having to run tests on my blood because for some reason, my periods last about a week and a half (extremely heavy!)and I only have two weeks between each one instead of the normal three to four. She says that's too much blood loss, but I seem to be perfectly healthy as far as the blood tests show.[/QUOTE]

My sister is the say way and they put on birth control to help. Another helper according to her doctor is taking 6 Ibuprofen ever 5 to 6 hours. With some people it can not only help with the pain but also slow down their periods some. My sister does this and she has a pretty light period. I have also tried and found it to work pretty well for me. I'm pretty heavy and it slows down enough so I can actually function.

[QUOTE]I haven't gotten my period in well over a year. And no, I'm not pregnant.[/QUOTE]

I also use to have a similar problem once. My doctor came to the conclusion after various blood testing that I had an abnormally high testosterone levels. The high testosterone levels interfered with my period when I was younger but lucky as I have gotten older my hormone levels have become just about normal without having to use birth control. My doctor was really worried about if I had Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome basically a hormone imbalance that can cause irregular periods, unwanted hair growth, and acne. PCOS begins during a girl?s teen years and can be mild or severe.
Posted
[quote name='Cat']I also use to have a similar problem once. My doctor came to the conclusion after various blood testing that I had an abnormally high testosterone levels. The high testosterone levels interfered with my period when I was younger but lucky as I have gotten older my hormone levels have become just about normal without having to use birth control. My doctor was really worried about if I had Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome basically a hormone imbalance that can cause irregular periods, unwanted hair growth, and acne. PCOS begins during a girl?s teen years and can be mild or severe.[/QUOTE]

That sounds un-friendly. Several of my doctors think that the problem comes with being on the pill and being highly active (I run every day, although I haven't since November and last week I didn't get my period) so that's why I don't get it. However, they aren't concerned with the lack of red river so they said it's fine for everything to stay the same as it is now. Which of course I won't complain about.
Posted
[SIZE="1"]I had it last week. Mine are usually pretty heavy, and last a week or more. It seems
the [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]red matter[/COLOR][/B] happens the second week of every month. It was a week early this month though, which was unpleasant because I had a fight last saturday.

I used to go months without having one because I workout so much, but it gradually snuck its way back into my life a little over a year ago. I still workout alot, but that doesn't affect it atall unfortunately.

I never used to get cramps atall, but I do now. I get headachs when it gets close to that time too, and... [SPOILER]gassy[/SPOILER]. Lol.[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]
I never used to get cramps atall, but I do now. I get headachs when it gets close to that time too, and... [SPOILER]gassy[/SPOILER]. Lol.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I get that last one too, it's something that I'm guessing birth control tells me I'm on my own with.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
I used to have [i]terrible[/i] cramps, so bad I would have to miss days of school because I couldn't stand up without getting dizzy. Luckily birth control took away most of the punch but I still get pretty nasty cramps. ._.
Posted
[quote name='Citric']I used to have [i]terrible[/i] cramps, so bad I would have to miss days of school because I couldn't stand up without getting dizzy. Luckily birth control took away most of the punch but I still get pretty nasty cramps. ._.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I had to stop my birth control because it gave me like, 7 periods in 3 months or something.

Also, sup. Late. Annoyed, whoo.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]It was a week early this month though, which was unpleasant because I had a fight last saturday.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I have my belt testing today. With my cramps and whatnot going full-blast. It seems I will literally earn this belt through blood, sweat and tears.:animesigh
Posted
[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I consider myself lucky, I can never tell when mine have started. I feel nothing, no pain, no cramps, nothing. I don't get bloated, I don't get tired. I just get hungry more often. And usually for salt and vinager chips. It's weird that the only way I know I'm about to start mine is I want those chips and they have to be Lays or I pout. I don't mind mine so much cause I don't get testy either. I have no side effects. All it is to me is an annoyance. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']I have my belt testing today. With my cramps and whatnot going full-blast. It seems I will literally earn this belt through blood, sweat and tears.:animesigh[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You know, I have heard reports of people passing out during the Black Belt testing. Come to think of it, this would explain that to an extent.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']I made it... Halfway through the test, while doing ground self-defense, my partner kneed me in the crotch. I already had terrible aches. But thanks, pal. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nothing is worse than having taken aspirin of some kind, the pain from the cramps goes away, then someone knees/punches you right in the ovaries, making the pain come marching right back.
Posted
[quote name='Cat']Polycystic Ovary Syndrome basically a hormone imbalance that can cause irregular periods, unwanted hair growth, and acne.[/QUOTE]
... well, I have two out of three of those symptoms (minus the hair growth... I think). Now I'm all paranoid.
Posted
[quote name='Miss Anonymous']... well, I have two out of three of those symptoms (minus the hair growth... I think). Now I'm all paranoid.[/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]Well, that sounds like a pretty normal part of being a young adult, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Of course, you could also have [url=http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/acne/menstrual-irregularities-all.htm][b]menopause, Type II Diabetes, pregnancy, stress, or adrenal cancer.[/b][/url] [Warning: If you aren't already, this site will make you a raging hypochondriac.]

But you're probably okay. [/font]
Posted
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Sara][font=trebuchet ms] [Warning: If you aren't already, this site will make you a raging hypochondriac.'] [/font][/quote]QFT

I'd watch out if I were you, Miss A. [/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][FONT=trebuchet ms] [URL="http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/acne/menstrual-irregularities-all.htm"][B]menopause, Type II Diabetes, pregnancy, stress, or adrenal cancer.[/B][/URL] [/FONT][/quote]

Can i choose all of the above, [spoiler]or secretly a boy.[/spoiler]
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I consider myself lucky, I can never tell when mine have started. I feel nothing, no pain, no cramps, nothing. I don't get bloated, I don't get tired. I just get hungry more often. And usually for salt and vinager chips. It's weird that the only way I know I'm about to start mine is I want those chips and they have to be Lays or I pout. I don't mind mine so much cause I don't get testy either. I have no side effects. All it is to me is an annoyance. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Wow I think I'm just like you~ haha >.<;; Except for... craving the salt and vinegar chip. Usually I can't even tell except that I start eating more than usual. ;;
[/SIZE]
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
It may be back, but I've been eating apples to prolong the time in between my periods, and luckily for me, this one doesn't hurt like the others usually do...

Can anyone remember when they LOOKED FORWARD to getting their first period? The school nurse would make it out to be some great passage into womanhood instead of a pain in the lower stomach! :animedepr
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']It may be back, but I've been eating apples to prolong the time in between my periods, and luckily for me, this one doesn't hurt like the others usually do...[/QUOTE]What?
Posted
[quote name='Sara']What?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion. It just happens to help me, is all. Not sure what they do for other people, but apples are a blessing for me during these times...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...