OtakuBoards

Ouran High School Host Club

anime_dark

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Magenta]I luv this show i hear there suppose to be a season 2 coming out in april... not really sure though, but i hope so ^_^[/COLOR]

i love ouran high school host club!!! that show is so funny!!!! my favortie character is haruhi and honey-sempai. i heard from other people that theres gonna be a second season to ouran high school host clun. i dont know if this is true. this is just a rumor i heard. but if there is a second season i cant wait to watch it!!

I started to read the eight volumes translated and I kind of like it more then the anime but that it just me. OH and I also like the mini episodes in then. Like when Kyoya and Tamaki [spoiler]switchedbodies[/spoiler] it was funny and the time when Honey got really [spoiler]fat[/spoiler] was good too.
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]shadowmovement[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post. When discussing something that could spoil it for someone who has yet to see it, always use spoiler tags. Just check the sticky how to post in Anime Lounge for quick and easy instructions on how to use them. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Guest NIKI12345
I found a picture of the show so I decided to watch it and I still am on youtube. Right now I'm on epp.19. My favorite charcter is honey-sempai he is just so cute. The show is really funny and I love the epp were honey-sempai got a [spoiler]cavity it made me sad that he couldn't eat sweets. [/spoiler]Just a question I have only been watching it for a week and its pretty new. What epp does it end at? Oh and the reason they won't bring the show here is because its hard to find people with the simlar voice or acsent here. Just a thought.
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]NIKI12345[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post. When discussing an aspect of a show that could spoil it for someone else, always use spoiler tags. Also, it's a good idea to use spell check as it makes it easier for others to read your posts. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Ouran finished airing in Japan a while ago. There are twenty-six episodes total.

I wish I could remember where I read this... I saw somewhere that the Viz reps at New York Comic Con said that they tried to license the Ouran anime, but that someone actually beat them to it (woo!). Either way, as far as shoujo anime go, Ouran is as close as you can get to a surefire license.

~Dagger~

[color=#9933ff]Ohmigod. So you're saying that it IS licensed by er... someone, and so sometime within the next couple years I can expect to see the anime come out in domestic markets?!? *gets all excited*

I loved the fansubs on youtube so much that I REALLY want to buy it legit when it comes out. (haha, I didn't even finish watching the series because I figured I'd watch when I bought it.)

I don't even care about whoever's in the English cast. And in fact, I feel sorry for them, because they have a ridiculous cast to live up to. ;_;

Honestly, EVERY ONE of the seiyuus, I thought, were great. Tamaki is [i]so[/i] hilarious, Hunny has the cute adorable child down perfectly (sometimes when I'm even [i]thinking[/i] of anime, just randomly, the seiyuu's voice will come into my head), and Haruhi has just the right mix of tone and inflection. Not to mention I was surprised to see how close Kaoru and Hikaru's voices are.

I just love [i]Ouran[/i] because it plays on so many of the anime themes - the bishounen thing, the boy-love thing (Kaoru and Hikaru? Come on...), and then there's our beautiful heroine in the middle of it all. She's every fan girl's perfect mary sue, without, well, being a Mary Sue. She takes everything in stride and isn't even fan-girl-ish in the slightest. She's witty without meaning to, and she's got a good heart.

Oh man. I'm so excited for this possible licensing thing.

On another note: Does anybody know anything about the Drama CDs for Ouran/have listened to them? I'm only wondering because Hikaru Midorikawa plays Tamaki in those, and I was wondering how he would do in such a light-hearted role. I've seen him in Gundam Wing as Heero, and fell in near love with him (Koyasu Takehito got my heart, though) in Weiss Kreuz as Schuldig, super sexy villain of Schwarz. But both of those are kinda serious roles (^^; ), so I was just wondering. *shrugs*[/color]

Roxie: I was somewhat off, actually--it was Bandai rather than Viz who said that someone else had licensed the show before they could. Which means that Viz could still have it (and probably does, as a matter of fact). Boo.

I think Hikaru Midorikawa's take on Tamaki would probably be similar to Mamoru Miyano's--at the least, he's definitely capable of doing comedy. At the same time, Miyano owned that role, as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't really want to hear anyone else doing it. When was this drama CD released, by the way? CD Japan doesn't even have a listing for it... are you sure it wasn't just a radio drama or something?

ETA: Oh, wait! Apparently Viz [i]did[/i] say it, too! The plot thickens--unless, of course, someone is fibbing.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']When was this drama CD released, by the way? CD Japan doesn't even have a listing for it... are you sure it wasn't just a radio drama or something?[/quote]

[SIZE=1]I'm not sure if there was an actual CD release, though I do know there were a few character image songs leaked a while back.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff]If I tell you I heard about the Drama CDs from Wikipedia ([url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouran_High_Host_Club[/url]) is it going to get me another "This is why you don't use Wikipedia" lecture? Because I don't need another one. >_< (and I'm still gonna use it, anyway.)

On any note, I completely agree with you about Mamoru Miyano. And, as I said, I really like the entire Japanese cast, so I don't care who gets licensing rights ('cause I'm not gonna watch it in English) - just so long as I can have the damn thing, and they make subtitles for all the words on screen. (I HATE when animes don't do that! ><)

As a side note, why don't you like Viz?

Edit: [url="http://ouran.krysyuy.net/sections/info/dramacd.html"]this[/url] page says the same as Wikipedia. I have no idea what the advertisement kanji on the image says, or if these are even the Drama CDs. If you have any idea of what it says, let me know. ><; [/color]

Viz is just kind of blah. They don't do anything atrocious, but they don't measure up to the standards set by other companies, either. Even if I like the show, I find it hard to get excited about a license from them.

~Dagger~

• 3 months later...
A bit late to comment on this, but someone mentioned that [SPOILER] The final episode verified Haruhi x Tamaki.[/SPOILER] Note that nothing that happened in the last episode ever happened in the manga. So, it is technically non-canon.

[SPOILER] Although the manga seems to be leaning a bit toward Haruhi x Tamaki, there is also the case of Hikaru and Kaoru. I'm not entirely sure, but someone mentioned that Kaoru was the first member to say that he liked Haruhi. And it's not unlikely that Hikaru will confess to this as well. This is all speculation of course, but someone mentioned to me that Bisco Hatori's endings seem to be surprising. Having not read her other work, I wouldn't know. But let's not all start saying Haruhi x Tamaki yet.[/SPOILER]

My favorite characters are the Hitachiin twins, Kyoya, and Haruhi.

I'm a Mori/Haruhi fan myself. Kyouya/Haruhi comes in a close second. Not particularly a fan of Tamaki/Haruhi... least not as long as he continues to delude himself with the whole "But I'm her father!" excuse. That got old, like, the first time he said it.

I have to admit that Hikaru/Haruhi really does not work for me. It's funny--at the beginning of the show I didn't care about the twins either way. Then, with each new episode, my opinions about each of them started to drastically diverge. By the end, I [i]loved[/i] Kaoru and had all kinds of problems with Hikaru. I'd rather see both of them as Haruhi's good friends, though. I don't like how the reverse harem set-up gets pushed harder and harder in a non-joking way as the story unfolds.

*roots for Mori*

~Dagger~

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]This is one of the best short anime series out there! It is so funny! Its a very good anime/manga to watch if you are into comedy and just a splash of romance :blush: Very good!! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][quote name='Dagger']I'm a Mori/Haruhi fan myself. Kyouya/Haruhi comes in a close second.[/QUOTE]

Before, I had no idea how a Mori/Haruhi shipper would work. I thought [I]he doesn't even talk[/I]! But, after re-reading a few volumes of the manga, I now know that there is potential. I just overlooked it.

I prefer Kyouya/Haruhi. I think it was fanfiction corrupted my choice. I think it's also because I have an addiction to the bad boy/good girl cliche.

Edit: I forgot to ask something. I heard that there is going to be a live action and saw a site with a bunch of pics with the cast. Is this true, or was it just an obsessed fangirl's doing?[/COLOR][/FONT]

First TamaxHaru, KyoxHaru, KaoruxHaru, MorixHaru, then HikaxHaru. I don't ship HunnyxHaru at all...

HikaxHaru worked for me while I was still watching the anime, but as I started reading the manga, I slowly got tired of it. KyoxHaru is always interesting, especially in fanfiction. ^_^ As for MorixHaru, I started reading oneshots for it, and became a fan. :animesmil

• 2 weeks later...
Ouran has been officially licensed by Funi. Whoo! This is such a great day. First the Jing OVA gets licensed, then my Mushishi starter set comes in the mail, and then Funi snags Ouran... but I digress. With their recent track record, I'm sure they'll give it awesome packaging, and I'm looking forward to hearing about the dub cast.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']Ouran has been officially licensed by Funi. Whoo! This is such a great day. First the Jing OVA gets licensed, then my Mushishi starter set comes in the mail, and then Funi snags Ouran... but I digress. With their recent track record, I'm sure they'll give it awesome packaging, and I'm looking forward to hearing about the dub cast.[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting great things from FUNi with this new title. Hopefully, their english cast will be as good as FMA or Fruits Basket.

I'm hoping John Burgmeier will be cast as Tamaki though it seems unlikely.

I finally watched Ouran recently, and it is quite the fun series, as expected. I like most of the characters in this a lot, but I have to say I have a special place in my heart for the Zuka Club. Their episodes (9 and 19) were my favorites. The Zuka Club's invasion of the Host Club in episode 9 is fantastic (their grand musical introduction in particular is wonderful); that one also has two of the funniest moments in the entire show ([spoiler]the Zuka Club's Nazi salute[/spoiler] and [spoiler]the Host Club's bizarre crossdressing parody of the Zuka Club[/spoiler]).

Episode 19 is a ton of fun because it's awesome to see the Zuka Club strut around like rock stars at St. Lobelia. I also love [spoiler]Haruhi's dad taking the lead in the plot to rescue Haruhi from the clutches of the Zuka Club[/spoiler], [spoiler]Haruhi's terrible singing/acting skills[/spoiler], and, of course, all the raving fangirls at St. Lobelia.

As for the Host Club members, themselves... on a comedic level, I think the twins and Tamaki are the funniest, but I like Haruhi, Mori and Kyouya the most as characters. Maybe I'd include Kaoru in there, too, since he gets much more thoughtful as the series progresses. Hunny is in the middle with me; he's funny, and I certainly don't hate the little guy, but he's not one of my favorites.

• 1 year later...
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/thread.jpg[/IMG]

[color=#9933ff]I came here to revive the thread.

Two of my friends have been talking incesantly about Ouran High School Host Club and I have yet to make time in my schedule to get into it. I probably will end up doing so next month because I'm visiting one of the two friends who is obsessed (to put it mildly) with that anime and Ed from FMA

So I guess I should try to get into it so I won't be reading emails with a confused look on my face. Anyone want to help?[/color]

I watched pretty much the whole first season in Japanese my first semester in college. A lot of people tend to complain that English dubbing is not worth listening to. Most times this is the result of a bias developed by watching a few shows with bad dubs. Personally, dubs don't bother me unless they're as bad as most vg dubs usually are. I hated Axl's debut in Megaman, the voice actors sucked so hard. Where am I? Am I done posting?