OtakuBoards

The Valentine's Day Thread!

chibi-master

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud']I actually have my first real date with an amazing girl that I recently met on Valentine's Saturday. Despite my cynical few lines above I'm actually pretty optimistic when it comes to new relationships. Even if we don't end up clicking I am sure it will be a blast of a day.[/QUOTE]

[font=times new roman][color=darkorchid]...Or she'll slit your throat and steal your wallet and leave you dead and decomposing in an alley somewhere in a bad part of town. Who knows?[/font][/color]

[quote name='Raiha'][font=times new roman][color=darkorchid]...Or she'll slit your throat and steal your wallet and leave you dead and decomposing in an alley somewhere in a bad part of town. Who knows?[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Or she could strip him naked, cover him with honey, tie him to a stake and leave him on an ant hill. You're right Raiha, the possibilities are endless!

And the dying has FINALLY slowed down at Death Manor AKA the home where I work. But I still want to punch someone in the throat. Ain't love grand?[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Raiha'][font=times new roman][color=darkorchid]...Or she'll slit your throat and steal your wallet and leave you dead and decomposing in an alley somewhere in a bad part of town. Who knows?[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

That would really blow...although, I would have a pretty good idea of where we headed early in the relationship.

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I EVER SAID.

I'll probably be spending the entire day watching videos featuring my newest crush. <3

I call it "crush" since the person is actually [B]real[/B] this time, and calling it a "fangirlism" would just sound weird. And that's what normal people who become infatuated with real people usually call it, right?

[spoiler]>/////////////>;;[/spoiler][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='taperson'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"][img]http://www.alhaya.co.il/VIRARTICLES/fvpics/65.png[/img]

Boyfriend & I are going to see them in concert for our fourmonthiversary, which is coincidentally the day before Valentine's Day.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

All I can think of is that scene in Van Wilder where he is singing "Gwen Used Me For Her Story, Then Married an *** Wipe... and Ran Over My Heart With a Big Metaphorical Truck. Originally performed by Air Supply."

[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]Is anyone buying/making/sending out little valentine cards this year? I saw some holographic wild animal cards at the grocery store earlier today, and I was [i]this[/i] close to buying them.[/font][/QUOTE]

I suggested the idea in art class, complete with making personalized shoeboxes for them. Many single people agreed, but we were quickly shot down with laughter by the jerks in relationships that they believe will last forever.:animeangr

[COLOR=#35425e][quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]Is anyone buying/making/sending out little valentine cards this year? I saw some holographic wild animal cards at the grocery store earlier today, and I was [i]this[/i] close to buying them.[/font][/QUOTE]This is FAB. Buy them. The next card-giving holiday is ten months away, and at the current deforestation rates, wild animals (and their cards) won't hang around til December.

[b]@ chibi-master:[/b] Now now. Best you can do is laugh [i]at[/i] them and their relationships that they believe will last forever [SIZE="1"](they won't. Relationships are fueled by little Valentine's cards and personalized [i]everything[/i], so hoohah to them)[/SIZE].

[b]@ taperson:[/b] That concert is made of anthems and pure win. Rock it.[/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']I suggested the idea in art class, complete with making personalized shoeboxes for them. Many single people agreed, but we were quickly shot down with laughter by the jerks in relationships that they believe will last forever.:animeangr[/QUOTE]Really? I'm in a relationship, and I would still love to decorate shoe boxes and get little cards from my friends.

• 3 weeks later...