OtakuBoards

US Independence Day '10

[center][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/230px-Bandit_Keith.png[/IMG][/center]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Hello again, my fellow Americans! Bandit Keith here to remind you all that today marks the greatest holiday celebrating the best birth of the best country ever. If you're not American, you'd better get to celebrating anyway, because EVERY COUNTRY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD BELONGS TO AMERICA! So go out and watch some fireworks or barbecue something. Specifically an all-AMERICAN cheeseburger. IN AMERICA. Those aren't even your only options, patriots! You could sit at home and watch a movie, like [b]Kindergarten Cop[/b] (Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, the most American American to ever dwell in AMERICA) or [b]The Sandlot[/b] (it's about baseball, which is as AMERICAN as grandma and apple pie. IN AMERICA). Whatever. Just start celebrating the best holiday to ever have a movie featuring Bill Pullman named after it. Get to it, people.

[spoiler]IN AMERICA[/spoiler][/font]

That's the most god damn [b]AMERICAN [/b]thing I've ever heard

[color="#ff0000"]GOD [color="#ffffff"]BLESS [color="#0000ff"]AMERICA.

[color="#000000"]*The Bless is white.*[/color]
[/color][/color][/color]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='04 July 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1278301351' post='696531']
The neighbors set off fireworks. That counts as me celebrating, kind of.
[/quote]

You sound like one of them Commies. Are you sure I'm you're brother.

We had a few friends over for a barbecue. I can tell you the tequila was rolling. I don't know if there was any fireworks or if was banned this year. I think they might have had some at the fairgrounds, where a whole bunch of local bands were playing.

just got done watching the fireworks in san deigo. then again in new york... while watching the bright lights i came to realize American songs are almost always about war... and im more than okay with that... without war id have no age of empires or call of duty.

[quote name='James' date='05 July 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1278309876' post='696547']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]How should we celebrate Independence Day in Australia? Any ideas?[/font]
[/quote]

Praise all that is America and reference CaNz's Thumbnail of Bandit Keith.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Started off by spending time with my mom, dad & grandma. My dad cooked, but I didn't eat a lot of it. At least I have plenty of leftovers. :V

Then I got a call from my friend asking if I wanted to go to a local fireworks display. I hadn't been to one in forever, so I decided "why not". Eventually dragged some other friends over, and we had a jolly good time.

Then my bad ankle [which I twisted when I was 12] acted up. It hurts whenever there's a significant change in temperature. If it's really cold, it hurts. If it's really hot...I've found out that it hurts even [i]worse[/i]. So we proceeded to hobble on back to one of their houses.

And then my sandals broke.

Then I bummed around at their house for awhile, and here I am.

Been playing Wind Waker throughout the day as well, and now I'm borrowing Power Stone Collection for the PSP [which I remember playing in arcades], and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, one of my favorite games of all time that I miss to death.

So, it wasn't too bad. [/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

[quote name='Botar' date='05 July 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1278310010' post='696548']
Praise all that is America and reference CaNz's Thumbnail of Bandit Keith.
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]That's a good start. :D

When I was in Washington D.C. I bought one of those lame copies of the Declaration of Independence (complete with quill!) I'm thinking of getting that framed to put up in my study - do you think that'd be a good way to celebrate too?

Or I could just walk outside and yell...

[size="6"]"[COLOR=RED]AMERICA[/COLOR], [COLOR=WHITE]BLEEP[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]YEAH![/COLOR]"[/size] [/font]

[quote name='James' date='05 July 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1278310814' post='696552']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I'm thinking of getting that framed to put up in my study - do you think that'd be a good way to celebrate too?

[size="6"]"[COLOR=RED]AMERICA[/COLOR], [COLOR=WHITE]BLEEP[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]YEAH![/COLOR]"[/size] [/font]
[/quote]
BOTH. If you do, I will have you certified as an American citizen IMMEDIATELY. I know people.

[quote name='James' date='05 July 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1278310814' post='696552']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]That's a good start. :D

When I was in Washington D.C. I bought one of those lame copies of the Declaration of Independence (complete with quill!) I'm thinking of getting that framed to put up in my study - do you think that'd be a good way to celebrate too?

[size="6"]"[color="RED"]AMERICA[/color], [color="WHITE"]BLEEP[/color] [color="blue"]YEAH![/color]"[/size] [/font]
[/quote]

That would be down right beautiful and i would fly down to Australia to personally give you a hug.

[quote name='Vivian' date='04 July 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1278310303' post='696550']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]we had a jolly good time.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
now i have mad props for anyone with an amazing taste in video games... but common! this is an American thread change that to the only language us Americans understand... American.

[quote name='CaNz' date='05 July 2010 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1278312035' post='696559']
now i have mad props for anyone with an amazing taste in video games... but common! this is an American thread change that to the only language us Americans understand... American.
[/quote]

Oi, we don't need none of that rubbish Englishman prattle.

[quote name='CaNz' date='05 July 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1278312035' post='696559']
change that to the only language us Americans understand... American.
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]omg me n mi frends were out n teh 4th of july n we had a gud time lol

Or, alternatively:

YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE FIREWORKS SO WE PUT FIREWORKS IN YOUR FIREWORKS SO YOU CAN FOURTH OF JULY WHILE YOU FOURTH OF JULY*

There, that better?

[size="1"]For the uninformed: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/xzibit-yo-dawg because I like silly memes.[/size][/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

[quote name='Vivian' date='05 July 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1278312981' post='696565']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]omg me n mi frends were out n teh 4th of july n we had a gud time lol

Or, alternatively:

YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE FIREWORKS SO WE PUT FIREWORKS IN YOUR FIREWORKS SO YOU CAN FOURTH OF JULY WHILE YOU FOURTH OF JULY

There, that better?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Thts btr. lol!

[quote name='Vivian' date='04 July 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1278312981' post='696565']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]omg me n mi frends were out n teh 4th of july n we had a gud time lol

Or, alternatively:

YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE FIREWORKS SO WE PUT FIREWORKS IN YOUR FIREWORKS SO YOU CAN FOURTH OF JULY WHILE YOU FOURTH OF JULY*

There, that betterz[/font][/color]
[/quote]
the red white and blue in your words brings a tear to this patriots eye!

[font=Garamond][size=2]Your use of text language ruins the good name of the best language in the world! AMERICAN!

Over here in the not as cool nation of Germany, we just did a low key celebration at our house. Grilled some steaks and enjoyed the humidity (hahahaha, right :/) . The day before we went to Hiedelberg and saw an enormous castle, but that's about all we got to see because it was 95 degrees out with 70% humidity. Plus there was a football match on in a few hours. Had to be home to watch the Germans take the Argentineans to school. [/size][/font]

[quote name='James' date='05 July 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1278381305' post='696619']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I'm now thinking someone needs to make me a banner that certifies my status as an honorary American citizen. Any takers? :P[/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]We salute you over there... IN AUSTRALIA.[/font]

[attachment=14783:AMERICAN banner.png] Edited by gallowsCalibrator

[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='05 July 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1278382838' post='696624']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]We salute you over there... IN AUSTRALIA.[/font]

[attachment=14783:AMERICAN banner.png]
[/quote]
I'm going to start a religion or something about you now.

[quote name='chibi-master' date='06 July 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1278386273' post='696636']
I'm going to start a religion or something about you now.
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Now [i]that[/i] would make this a genuine American thread. To keep things in spirit, just make sure it costs a lot of money to gain entry and ensure that it primarily courts celebrities in Hollywood. ;)[/font]