OtakuBoards

CoD Black Ops

Heaven's Cloud

[color=indigo][b]GoldenEye[/b] for N64 is still considered by a lot of gamers to be the quintessential multi-player FPS game. While I do enjoy a good FPS (I suck at them, but I love playing them and am a huge Modern Warfare fan) I really haven't found an FPS with a multi-player mode that I have found as exciting as [b]GoldenEye[/b] was. Sure, a lot of games have copied the system, but few (that I have played) have truly improved upon it enough to make me want to buy the game for multi-player alone...until now.

Last week Infinity Ward released a video discussing Wager Mode, a new multi-player aspect of [b]Call of Duty: Black Ops[/b]. I won't take the time to write about wager mode, instead I'll post a video below. Tell me what you think, do you think the concept kicks as much ass as I do?[/color]

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_8mPoloBo[/media][/center]

hmmmm... i dunno... everyone seems to die in one shot. though the weapons look really cool.
i think its a fun system, but goldeneye was more about collecting the best stuff and killing the crap out of people till you were eventually brought down, by either you wearing him or her down, or the group eventually focusing fire on them. This looks like more of the same from CoD, which is still a ton of fun, but i wouldnt compare it to Goldeneye.... Halo Reach may come closer, but it wont have the same kind weakening system Goldeneye had either... shields at least come back after a while.
really i think the best part of Goldeneye was the campaign though... but that might just be me.

Can't say I'm really a fan of FPS, or rather, a big fan of them anyway. I play them, but the only reason I play them is for the single player campaign. Black Ops have caught my eye a couple of times mainly with the graphics, but other than that, meh.

[size=1]I don't think I'll really have the fun of playing another FPS I once had when I was playing Goldeneye007 and Perfect Dark though. Halo is up there in terms of the single player campaign, as well as Gears of War, but I haven't played anything else.. Nothing really struck out at me.[/size]

[quote name='Phenom' date='10 September 2010 - 04:50 AM' timestamp='1284119424' post='700378']
[size="1"]as well as Gears of War, [/size][/quote]

gears of war is awesome, but i wouldnt call it an FPS :P
yah know which game was a good rip off of the old Goldeneye? Area 51's consol appearance. I only played multiplayer once, but it was quite a bit of fun, though the system was pretty old school with super weapons and better graphics... but fun!
also a fun but different FPS would be left for dead.... just throwing it out therre...

• 2 months later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Picked it up a few days ago for the 360 and blitzed through the campaign. I have to admit I'm actually quite disappointed with it in comparison to MW2, the story doesn't feel as tight or as well told, the long video/scripted sequences at the beginning of each mission (which you can't skip even having beaten the level previously) feel cumbersome. I've got major issues with the allied game A.I. which really seems to have taken several steps back in comparison to the MW2 A.I., or perhaps it merely puts you in situations which requires you to rely on the A.I. more. This isn't even mentioning half the bugs I came across which range from slightly annoying to downright requiring a reset of the level to bypass.

Zombie mode is however a lot of fun although I've yet to play it with anyone else. Only played the proper multiplayer a little because of issues with getting games.[/size][/font]