OtakuBoards

Flu Shots

CaNz

Flu Shot!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Well... did you get the shot or what?

• Yeah I did! (do your worst Flu)
    • I am working on it! (I'll get one before I catch it)
    • No, and I am not gonna! (microscopic organisms dont scare me)
    • I am already sick! (shoulda done the shot)

[center][IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/flu-shots-2009.jpg[/IMG]
[/center]I havent bothered with that my whole life... but i am starting to see signs come up, so i got curious as to how many people here actually do roll up their sleeves and take a shot. I have gotten the flu a couple of times, but the years of not taking a shot yet not getting the Flu far outnumber the years i did manage to catch it.

as a side note... i haven't had a shot for years... at least six of them. possibly more. I remember getting over being afraid of shots by the last time i had them, but before that i would freak out/cry before I got one. Anyways, why is it that by the time we are done being afraid of shots, doctors are done giving them to us! I think its a conspiracy led by the government that plans to spread fear n the hearts of children.

Getting them for free does seem to make the effort a little easier. (especially since i have seen them around $10 and up to $30 for the shot) but i guess the main reason i dont go is that the Flu isnt all that dangerous anymore, and definitely not for a 21 year old healthy male. If I catch it, I'm out for a few days... but other than that its nothing to worry about.

yeah, i agree :P i've only had the flu twice in the last 6+ years. not only is it a waste of money in my opinion, but more dangerous! my cousin got one recently and what happened you might ask? he got sick XD hahahaha! i haven't been sick in years and like CaNz said, what's the worst that could happen? i miss a couple days of school/life and let my immune system do the job :3

I wouldn't go so far as to calling myself immune from the flu but I never get any form of flu. I get more severe sickness to make up for it. >__>

When swine flu was going rampant in my area, everyone had gotten it in class and I didn't catch that. Never got the flu before in my life, I skipped out on taking shots this year and last year.

that's horrible! taking unnecessary shots against your will is torture!
some people say its just one shot and it might help... but how will you know if you take it? Its like buying car insurance that might not even cover you.

[quote name='CaNz' date='22 October 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1287786594' post='701243']
that's horrible! taking unnecessary shots against your will is torture!
some people say its just one shot and it might help... but how will you know if you take it? Its like buying car insurance that might not even cover you.
[/quote]
[font="Century Gothic"][color="#000080"]Why is it horrible? oO It's not like the shot even hurts all that much. XD

I'm going to giggle at you comparing it to car insurance. Since you can choose what coverage you actually get for that. :P[/color][/font]

[quote name='Selene Shri' date='22 October 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1287787257' post='701244']
[font="Century Gothic"][color="#000080"]Why is it horrible? oO It's not like the shot even hurts all that much. XD

I'm going to giggle at you comparing it to car insurance. Since you can choose what coverage you actually get for that. :P[/color][/font]
[/quote]

i am comparing it to bad car insurance... cause if you get in an accedent your car insurance should cover what they state in the agreement... but flu shots are like agreeing to pay for insurance that doesn't even guarantee you wont get the flu (and you don't know if you would have caught it in the first place)
but that entire post(thread) was kinda a joke, so i don't mind a giggle! d:

[color="#000080"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I used to ignore flu shots. But then one year I got one of the nastier versions that the shots can help prevent. I wasn't a little sick, I was [i]beyond[/i] sick, it was horrible.

I don't skip the shots anymore, I get them every year now. I [i]never[/i] want to be that sick again, [i]ever[/i]. [/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
I never get flu shots anymore. I don't want no government techno-nano bugs swimming in my blood. But seriously, I get the usual cough and sneeze in winter, but rarely anything serious anymore. Of course, I've had some bad colds that made me wish someone would have smothered me with a pillow, but I've lived through them - barely. Who knows, maybe my future involves my being hidden away in some remote forest shack or mountain cave, while I contemplate the virtues of having a mighty beard.

[quote name='Pleiades Rising' date='07 November 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1289185436' post='701595']Who knows, maybe my future involves my being hidden away in some remote forest shack or mountain cave, while I contemplate the virtues of having a mighty beard.
[/quote]

whats to contemplate? Giant beards are the tops in style!
it is "no shave November" after all!

[quote name='chibi-master' date='07 November 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1289186345' post='701600']
Ugh. You guuuysss... I got my Flu shot on Friday and my arm STILL aches like hell...
[/quote]
how cruel! I will pray for your expedient recovory sis!

I considered getting one this year. I got one two years ago. The vaccine seems to be in short supply though because I tried to get one on base this morning and the tech refused to let me get one. (She wanted to give me the live virus through my nose.) I told her no thanks and left. I will take care of myself and take my chances. It is not like I am one of those people who go without a jacket when it is forty degrees Fahrenheit out.