OtakuBoards

10/10/2010

AirOfTheSky

Epic events that failed:

1.  May 5th 2000 - Planetary conjunction (all planets in perfect alignment) that was supposed to shift the gravitational axis of the earth and turn the planet over on its side.  

2.  The Year 1998 - According to [b]Patlabor[/b] giant robots were supposed to be in mass production worldwide for use in the construction industry.

3.  The Year 1997 - This was the year that the "End Day" occurred in the NES classic [b]Crystalis[/b], plunging the world into post-apocalyptic chaos. 

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='The Tentacle']Epic events that failed:[/quote]
[font="Calibri"]The point of this thread has flown very far over your head.[/font]

[quote name='The Tentacle']3. The Year 1997 - This was the year that the "End Day" occurred in the NES classic [b]Crystalis[/b], plunging the world into post-apocalyptic chaos.[/quote]
[font="Calibri"]Also the fact that you're using only partially-known video game references instead of the plentiful and more readily-available science-fiction literary references is slightly depressing.[/font] Edited by Allamorph

why not lighten up a bit...
I think the point of this thread was a bit dull in the first place, so if we wander into a different subject filled with nerdy additions i will still call it an improvement. How much can one truly be excited by the repetition of numbers in the date anyways? At least The Tentacles post got me thinking about other dates that were as insignificant as 10/10/2010.