OtakuBoards

Epic Mickey

Magus

[center][img]http://www.estarland.com/images/products/19/36219/75979.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote]A heroic tale of redemption and discovery, Epic Mickey is an action-platforming game featuring the iconic Mickey Mouse in a fantastical adventure inspired by the cartoons of the 1930s and 1940s. Pulled into a warped Disney universe called the Cartoon Wasteland by an evil villain, Mickey finds himself in a world inhabited by the retired and forgotten cartoon characters and attractions from Disney's past. Mickey must use the very elements of himself and the world, paint and paint thinner, to explore the Cartoon Wasteland, find the source of evil that is destroying the land, and redeem his fellow cartoon characters including Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Walt Disney's first cartoon star and Mickey's resentful half-brother. With visionary game designer Warren Spector behind the title, players choose their own path to defeat supreme evil, face the consequences of those decisions and ultimately free the Cartoon Wasteland.

Product Features:

Play as a retro inspired Mickey Mouse, who adapts to the playerâ??s gaming style as a Hero or a Scrapper.

Explore the warped Disney Cartoon Wasteland and along the way change the world using magic paint and paint thinner.

Paint, thin, platform and explore. The Cartoon Wasteland has many twists, turns, puzzles and platforms. Choose the best way to accomplish missions.

Encounter forgotten cartoon friends - and enemies. Some of Mickeyâ??s old forgotten friends live in the Cartoon Wasteland. Get to know them, and choose to help them or leave them to live in the Cartoon Wasteland. [/quote]

Reviews:

Xplay - 5/5

I'm actually surprised no one is talking about this game. It seemed like a hit when it was revealed at E3. I've seen it mentioned quite a bit at some other places as well. Anyway, while I have no intentions on getting this game (I'm terrible at platformers and, well, no lol) I am pretty interested. I know my sister will probably get it for herself since she's into disney far more than I am.

Discuss. Edited by Phenom

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I've been following Epic Mickey's progress for a while. From what I've read, the end result is [i]good[/i], but is ultimately hampered by a really poor and inconsistent camera system. I may pick this one up, but there are a couple of other games I want to get first, I think...[/font]

i heard the same thing about the gameplay, interesting when you first pick it up, but it gets really stale after a while.
the game does look pretty though. I like it when people push the Wii to its graphical limits.

really the mixed reviews isnt enough to stop me from getting it, but the new game pricetag is. I will wait for gamestop to get a few dozen used copies and maybe get it for 2/3 the price.

[quote name='Magus' date='07 December 2010 - 06:09 AM' timestamp='1291720154' post='702472']
Gamespot gave the game a 6/10.

This is kind of like a reversal. I'm used to seeing Xplay giving the low scores. I think they were saying something about repetitive stages and terrible camera/controls.
[/quote]

1up gave it a B and said it was solid but the camera wasn't so great. I believe JewWario said the same thing about the camera but gave it a decent score too over at BlisteredThumbs. I haven't played the game but people ask me if they should pick it up, I've been saying go ahead just don't expect something revolutionary but that it is a solid game.

Mickey mouse in a video game thats not kingdom hearts!? no thanks..
From the commercial i saw all i could tell is that its eXtreme color book "the game" now included with all the Disney subliminals we've come to know and love. corrupting your childrens character and morals. [size=2][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img][/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size="1"]I'm sure its a good game but the wii..eh im not sure on that one. Wii was never my thing unless its at a friends house. (i guess im just a downer)[/size]

While I'll agree that the game should've been a multiplatform release considering all the camera issues I'm hearing about, but truth be told when comparing to Kingdom Hearts, I'd rather play this. Don't get me wrong, I like the Final Fantasy characters and other disney characters but when it comes down to it, Sora, Donald and Goofy are just not my cup of tea in that game, especially Sora. I just hate playing as naive characters, and having a naive party to go along with me. Epic Mickey on the other hand is a throwback in a sense, and I actually like the thought of morals in this game. G4's Feedback team really went in more depth with that and they really changed my mind about wanting the game (I really want to try it now)