OtakuBoards

New Year PARTY

chibi-master

So, Christmas is over and 2011 is charging right at us! What are you going to do for New Year's celebrations? What do you usually do? Any strange family traditions?

What do you want to do this next year?

What is a favorite New Year's memory of yours?

How old were you when you first stayed up until midnight for this?

Discuss!

I'll be posting the January holidays on Jan. 1st, and that will be my celebration! Edited by chibi-master

New Years is probably my least favorite holiday, actually. To be honest, I can't recollect a single good one I've had. I can recall several awful ones like one where my parents wouldn't let me go out so the girl I liked ended up hooking up with my friend instead of me. Or one where I once again stayed home just to see my cats vomit all over my bed. And last year I stood out in the cold in a big crowd where I was separated from my friends and got punched in the mouth by a stranger. I am waiting for the good New Years to come, so here's to hoping this one will be it!

Flying back to AZ to party with my old bros! gonna get hammered, smoke cigars, play rockband, and TRY to hook up with girls from my past. (will most likely fail though) : /

Its gonna be a huge party. Havent seen some of my old friends in over a year.

Last year we had a formal new years party. Suits, evening gowns, and champagne. It was pretty baller

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]My New Years will be rather simple I think. I'll go to work, I get home from work, I'll open a can of Coke and play Black Ops until I get so angry that I crush the controller in my hand. The I'll go to my friends party, where I will indubitably be the only sober individual. Then I will return home and pass out, probably cursing the fool who thought that giving beer to teens was a good idea. But lets call that plan "B"

What I'm hoping for is to be able to see my girlfriend after work, and then start an epic Nerf War with a bunch of my friends[/color][/font]

RIIIIIGHT!
[sup] [font="Garamond"]:][/font][/sup] fly 1000miles north to hang out with my cousins.... did that...
[sup]
[font="Garamond"]:] [/font][/sup] spend way too much money on Martinelli's sparkling cider

[sup][font="Garamond"]:][/font] [/sup]wait for the newyears, then drink way to much Martinelli's sparkling cider.

[font="Garamond"][sup]:][/sup][/font] unload poppers on family members, as well as those fire crackers that pop with pressure.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][sup]:D[/sup][/font] drench the ceiling fan with popper confetti... tradition.... watching it spin with all the stuff hanging off it always brings back great memories.

[sup][font="Garamond"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]:/ [/font] [/font][/sup]new addition, after the normal new years celebration i plan on drinking with my youngest cousin here.. till she gets smashed... she is going to a lot of parties and no one knows how they act drunk till they are drunk... not that I want a 17 year old drinking at those... but i am on the be aware side of the fence, specially since she was a girl and i know i drank waaaay to much at 17..and 16... and 15... and more than i should have at 14.... really i think underage drinking happens, but i never did anything so stupid i regretted it.

[font="Garamond"][sup]:][/sup][/font] sleep for the rest of the day! Edited by CaNz

[color="#4169E1"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="3"]I can't recall a single NYE when I DIDN'T stay up til midnight.

Last night I worked & then went out with my friend Destiny. We went to Starbucks, IHOP, & Steak N Shake. At midnight we were driving in the rain.

It was a swell evening!

My favorite NYE memory was 2 years ago when I partied in my college town & had a swell time![/size][/font][/color]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I think I pretty much always stayed up until midnight for NYE. Or at least, I did from a very young age.

Anyway, my NYE activities vary a lot. I've had some years where I just sit at home and do nothing, although more often than not, there's a NYE gathering at a family member's house and we have our own little party.

Last year I braved the more-than-a-million-strong-crowd at Sydney Harbour to see the fireworks. And I'll [i]never[/i] do that again. It was painful, haha. Hotel or boat next time. :P

This last NYE I went to an Armin Van Buuren thing at Etihad Stadium here in Melbourne. It was...[i]okay[/i]. I'm not really a fan of his stuff and while his set started out pretty good, it went really crazily trancey and weird later on. Not for me, thanks.

So we ended up leaving early and going to my friend's house, where we sat back and watched a couple of weird Adult Swim shows. *shrug*

Overall it was a fun night though. I will definitely not brave the crowds on the street ever again, I think.[/font]