OtakuBoards

New Years Resolutions

Magus

New Years is this Saturday and might as well get this thing started.

[strike]One of mine is I'm going to be blunt as hell again (hurting feeling type of blunt). There was once a time when I was extremely blunt and sarcastic. I stopped because, I don't know, I just stopped, but since I've stopped I've been letting people get away with too much stupidity and it's time I put these maggots in check.[/strike]

Get a job and a car will be my new years resolution. I don't know if I'll be able to stick with it though since this is Detroit I'm living in.

What's yours? Edited by Magus

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm not usually one for New Year's resolutions, but I suppose now's a good time as ever, since I've got at least one big one.

I need to build up my self esteem again. I've had little to no self esteem for the past year or so. And really, while I have had plenty of people make me feel crap about myself in the past, most of this year has just been...me. Me comparing myself to other people [which is never a good idea, ever]. I'm all up for self-depreciating humor, but I've taken it way out of line. I'm really too critical of myself; I need to change that. Fast. I really am my own worst troll.

And if I can get that out of the way, then I need to destress and stop being so anxious about everything related to school. I'm usually pretty good in my classes, so I really need to stop stressing about it [although the fact that I'm going to have to have math every semester from here on out isn't helping. But hey, another resolution there; try to understand math! Easier said than done though].

Car and job sound like pretty good resolutions too.[/font][/color]

[s]This year, I'm finally going to assassinate Paris Hilton.[/s]

My New Years resolution is to write something substantial. I have a tendency to write in spurts: infrequently and somewhat insubstantially. I'm hoping, by this time next year, to have finished a novella that's been under my belt for awhile.

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1293655966' post='703453']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Me comparing myself to other people [which is never a good idea, ever]. I'm all up for self-depreciating humor, but I've taken it way out of line. I'm really too critical of myself; I need to change that. Fast. I really am my own worst troll.
[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Wow. Sounds [i]exactly[/i] like me. That's one thing that I am wanting to work on once I get to college.

Anyways, other things. I want 2011 to be better than 2010. That year was horrible for me and I don't want to go through any of it again and no one else should have to go through it. I know I don't have control of how this upcoming year will be, but I am still hoping. I need to get myself to save up some money (I am horrible with saving money. >>). I guess another thing I want to change is make myself get out more and stop being so emotional. :I

And I guess visit my brother and his kids more often.

i dont feel like my life is falling off track or anything, so my resolution is an unnecessary self betterment .
after today I will go out of my way to use proper grammar and capitalization... in everything... even here...

and stop beating yourself up girls.... you are all far prettier than guys right off the bat.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]My New Years resolution is kind of a two part thing. The first thing I'm going to try and change is how serious I am. I take myself WAY too serious. Part two is me not taking offense so often, These are things I really struggle with, and they make it difficult to make and maintain friendships at any level. I want to be a fun guy to be around, which is surprisingly difficult when I can't relax and be easy going. God bless my friends who do stick around despite my far-to-serious-disposition.

My other resolution is me getting back to the Dojo and [s]getting my procrastinating butt back in gear to kick some international black belt butt[/s] start training of the Ozawa Cup down in Vegas. And test for my Second Degree... Yeah, I should do that.[/color][/font]