OtakuBoards

Please take your time to read this

~Mystical Pan~

[COLOR=chocolate]Oh, I didn't mean to seem as if I thought () was female bashing, but I know some people blame Eve completely, and I just wanted to add on what I knew. :)
And what you said, Deus, is true. We'd all be better off if we didn't know some of the stuff we don't need to know. It's like growing up with a SNES, thinking that's the only system in the world, not knowing there's better. Then you hear about the GameCube, and there's the struggle for money to get it and the hunt to actually find one, then the hours spent over it as the SNES is forgotten. Advanced? Perhaps yes, but look at all you had to do to get there. Lots of bad feelings, new, somewhat unpleasant experiences.
On the other hand, some would call that chara. building. Silver is refined in the fire many times before it is the best it can be. And some stuff we didn't know about enriches our lives once we do.
*looks somewhat confuzzled* It's too early in the morning for me to be thinking semi-deeply...:laugh: :laugh: ... :sleep: [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Duo Maxwell [/i]
[B]

Ok I never knew it ment that... I just thought it was temtation...
but knowledge yes want knowledge, must go to school...

that was weird though... I mean so few people able to do stuff man not thinking negative anymore... ^.^ happy happy happy... [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, in the bible it is represented as temptation... and thats kind of what i meant... but i just said it in a strange way... err.... let me put it this way.... knowledge was the temptation in this case... I suppose the snake can also symbolise temptation, greed, and also rather than an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.. our unending curiosity - that's better, it says essentially the same thing, but more in the way i meant it - and we all know what curiosity did to the cat....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][COLOR=chocolate]Oh, I didn't mean to seem as if I thought () was female bashing, but I know some people blame Eve completely, and I just wanted to add on what I knew. :)
And what you said, Deus, is true. We'd all be better off if we didn't know some of the stuff we don't need to know. It's like growing up with a SNES, thinking that's the only system in the world, not knowing there's better. Then you hear about the GameCube, and there's the struggle for money to get it and the hunt to actually find one, then the hours spent over it as the SNES is forgotten. Advanced? Perhaps yes, but look at all you had to do to get there. Lots of bad feelings, new, somewhat unpleasant experiences.
On the other hand, some would call that chara. building. Silver is refined in the fire many times before it is the best it can be. And some stuff we didn't know about enriches our lives once we do.
*looks somewhat confuzzled* It's too early in the morning for me to be thinking semi-deeply...:laugh: :laugh: ... :sleep: [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

hey.. not bad if it's that early where you are, its 5:30 pm where I am so I'm OK

yeah, there was only one rule in eden - don't eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge, but every1 forgets the second tree - the tree of life. when the 2 broke their covenent w/ God by eating of the tree of knowledge, He feared that their new knowledge would lead them to eat the fruit of the second tree. so they were banished to have all of the pain and fleeting life we now have.
sounds like pandora's box, doesn't it? and we humans still have probs. facing temptations of all sorts.

Yes yes, I've heard this since 6th grade. I know how lucky we are, but i also know that it is sometimes the people's own fault for being in the position they are now.

Yeah, Mystical Pan, I've read that in my classroom at school. It does make you appreciate how lucky we are, and rethink the way we think.

However, for me it was the fact that I can't even begin to imagine those numbers. I can't even imagine how many people 6 billion is. It's because the people are so far away, and so distant, that I can't even contemplate the numbers. After an amount, it's just too much. I still feel like I don't deserve what I have, what is mine, when there are so many unfortunate people, who worker harder, but get a damn lot less. The compression, I believe, is to help people understand those numbers, and how priviliged they are, compared to the other 99 or 98 in that village of 100.

It is very thought provoking

I actually really liked that. Some bits surprised me..but when you read it you have to think further than just what you're going to do in 5mins. Have any of you read 'Desiderata' ? I have a copy of it on my wall. I mite get it and type it up for you in a bit if I have nothing else to do. :)

good thing is us americans own the economy:D Bad thing is it's only 6 americans, thats like back in the day when just a elite few ruled a entire nation, which is still going on.

[B]Desiderata[/B]

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are a vexation to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy you achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own carer, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love. for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortunes. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labours and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

Heh interesting only 1 person would have a college education and only 1 would own a computer hmm wonder how the world will turn out to be like if it was lived by that time.Anyways thanks for sharing that with us ~Mystical pan~ it made me thinks about life even more.:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Treble [/i]
[B]Heh interesting only 1 person would have a college education and only 1 would own a computer hmm wonder how the world will turn out to be like if it was lived by that time.Anyways thanks for sharing that with us ~Mystical pan~ it made me thinks about life even more.:) [/B][/QUOTE]

your welcome..though it's freaky ain't it? most people you know have a comp at least....and how much oppurtunities you get to go to college (e.i. scholarships, etc)...it's sad only 1 out a hundred would get a college education and a comp...:(