OtakuBoards

Please take your time to read this

~Mystical Pan~

During my history class, our teacher read something to my class which made me seriously think how lucky I am...and how lucky most of you really are?please read all of this:

A glimpse of the world?
If we could shrink the earth?s population to a village of precisely
100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same,
It would look something like the following:
There would be:
57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
8 Africans
52 would be female
48 would be male
70 would be non-white
30 would be white
70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian
89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual
6 would possess 59% of the entire world?s population and all 6 would be form the U.S.
80 would live in substandard housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer from malnutrition
1 would be near death, 1 would be near birth
1 (YES ONLY 1) would have college education
1 would own a computer

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective,
The need for acceptance, understanding, and education becomes glaringly
apparent. The following is also something to ponder:
If you woke up this morning with more health the illness?you are
More blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness
Of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation
?you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death?you are more blessed than 3 billion people in the world.
If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, roof
Overhead and a place to sleep?you are richer than 75% of this world.
If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a
dish someplace?you are among the top 8% of the world?s wealthy.
If your parents are still alive and still married, you are very rare.
If you can read this message, you have just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over 2 billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
Someone once said?
What goes around comes around.
Work like you don?t need the money.
Love like you?ve never been hurt.
Dance like nobody?s watching.
Sing like nobody?s listening
Live like its Heaven on Earth.

Hopefully, this will change how you think. Maybe it will also help you understand and truly appreciate how lucky and blessed you are. :)

Also, for those who are asking why the heck did I post this...I don't know why...just wanted to share this with people. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]Wow, that really puts things in a whole new perspective. I guess the depression some of us feel sometimes is really insignificant compared to most of the rest of the world's problems. That's pretty incredible, I'm glad you posted it. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah..I see people talking about their probs, how depressed they are, and stuff...and I just want to show them how great they have it at times ya know. :) Though these numbers make me sad...it also makes you want to take advantage if what you already have. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]That what very well written. I'm impressed by you. I have, however, heard the population-compression lecture before. It is enlightening to think about the world from that perspective.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't take the credit of writing this, Justin. My history teacher got this through an email...you know like a chain letter. :) I only wrote the first sentence..and the last 3 sentences in the post...:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MysticGohan [/i]
[B][color=royalblue][size=1]I think I feel like an idiot after reading this.....:eek: -sorry, it must be the ****ing exams I took.. ah well...:sleep: :sleep:

- MG[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

er..nice pic..lol

but what do you feel like an idiot hun? I'm not understanding..lol

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i]
[B]

er..nice pic..lol

but what do you feel like an idiot hun? I'm not understanding..lol [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Ah, I didn't read it all the way.. I thought you were narrowing down the world's population to 100. Then I saw all these numbers..confused the **** out of me... the pic.. outstanding.. :)

- MG[/size][/color]

Yeah...stardust..and we're only tlaking about humans..,,sad it is...:(

Yes M. Mask..it makes it more visible...huge numbers these days dont' really mean anything..not unless you KNOW them...
Like Lenin once said...everyone he killed were statistics...that why no one truly felt sad by it..they were only huge numbers...no one KNEW those people...well family did..you know what I mean. Sorta like the Holocaust...yeah..it's really dad and all..but when you see Schindler's List, it's in black and white...but..there's this one child in color which stands out...and you see what happens to her...that was pure genious what Speilberg(<--sp?) did with the movie...

yeah, Delian...it makes the smaller things you have more precious, doesn't it?

[B]Work like you don?t need the money.
Love like you?ve never been hurt.
Dance like nobody?s watching.
Sing like nobody?s listening
Live like its Heaven on Earth.[/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]I have that posted on the wall of my room.... It's always been sort of inspirational to me...[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Panny Chan ;) [/i]
[B]God and I'm always complaining about the little things. This really has put my life back into prospective. Thanxs ~Mystical Pan~ 4 posting that up. [/B][/QUOTE]

Your welcome..:)

And hopefulyl those who read this dont' forget so easily..cause I do at times...it's when I read things like this...that it makes me more aware....hopefully always remember when I begin to get mad and all...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]:wow: Now that is gonna make me think completely different about some things..... And I'm not going to forget it either..... That's very nice of you to post this up..... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I hope you don't...I just wish I knew who wrote this...so'd I could thank him/her. and you're welcome. :)

[B]During my history class, our teacher read something to my class which made me seriously think how lucky I am...and how lucky most of you really are?please read all of this:

A glimpse of the world?
If we could shrink the earth?s population to a village of precisely
100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same,
It would look something like the following:
There would be:
57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
8 Africans
52 would be female
48 would be male
70 would be non-white
30 would be white
70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian
89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual
6 would possess 59% of the entire world?s population and all 6 would be form the U.S.
80 would live in substandard housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer from malnutrition
1 would be near death, 1 would be near birth
1 (YES ONLY 1) would have college education
1 would own a computer
[/B][/QUOTE]

one more lil stat you might like to know.... but first I'd like to say that I am not against americans in any way....

the 6 from america would use 95% (i think thats right, maybe lower, but definitely v. high) of the energy produced.

that's why i added that bit beforehand, I thought some of u may think i was being anti-american

Thats seriously sad...To think,most (almost all)of or problems are made by us)I mean,Why do we hate each other???Also according to the bible all Our probs were caused by an Apple(Eves great sin of eating the Apple)...wow!
+[URL=http://www.funnygreetings.com/inspire2.htm]http://www.funnygreetings.com/inspire2.htm[/URL] (Its full of Inspirational/Religous/Angelic stories.

[COLOR=chocolate]Actually, it wasn't an apple. The Bible refers to it as a fruit, and I believe that that fruit no longer exists on earth now.
And it wasn't only the fault of the woman--the serpent tempted her, and she fell for the temptation, as did the man. So let's not start bashing women alone for causing the downfall of civilization, eh? ;)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][COLOR=chocolate]Actually, it wasn't an apple. The Bible refers to it as a fruit, and I believe that that fruit no longer exists on earth now.
And it wasn't only the fault of the woman--the serpent tempted her, and she fell for the temptation, as did the man. So let's not start bashing women alone for causing the downfall of civilization, eh? ;)[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

.....I don't think that's actually what he meant.. the bashing women thing anyway...
anyway.. although I am not a religious man, I do believe that this one story -- and possibly many others, I wouldn't know -- serves as a metaphor for the phrase 'ignorance is bliss' you see, before Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit they knew very little and were perfectly happy, life couldn't have been better. Then they ate the fruit. They learned stuff that they didnt know before, and got thrown out of the garden of Eden, and were not as happy. Life could've been a lot better. The symbolism of the situation is... the less you know, the happier you are with wha you know.. or at least thats how [i]I[/i] interpret it. And I believe that. I know a fair amount, and some of it scares me, whereas some people I know don't understand what I [i]do[/i] (and I'm only a student) and they are perfectly happy..

EDIT- Oh yes, and the serpent-- a metaphor for man's unquenchable thirst for knowledge :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

EDIT- Oh yes, and the serpent-- a metaphor for man's unquenchable thirst for knowledge :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok I never knew it ment that... I just thought it was temtation...
but knowledge yes want knowledge, must go to school...

that was weird though... I mean so few people able to do stuff man not thinking negative anymore... ^.^ happy happy happy...