OtakuBoards

Brad The Bard

Dragon Warrior

[center][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/24fgsi8.jpg[/img][/center]

[b]Brad The Bard[/b] is a new animated series I have decided to start with my friend named Brad, whom the character is based upon. It was originally going to be a webcomic, but it fell through, and recently I wanted to do an animated show for the internet using a style I thought up and this plotline seemed fitting. The animation will be pretty simplistic, but I think it'll really be part of the charm if successfully pulled off. Here is the plot synopsis:

[indent][i]"Brad the Bard isn't a very good musician and is a bit of a stalker towards the ladies. He happens to set high goals when he falls in love with Princess Kate. But after failing to woo her and being shown up by a more promising suitor, Brad rides off on his valiant llama to find a way to make her his. Fortunately for him, he stumbles upon a foul-mouthed, animated, magical talking lute whose strings can weave the most beautiful melodies.

He hurries back to serenade and win over his fair maiden, but he finds she's been kidnapped by a retarded dragon named Wade who was thought to have been long extinct. Not wanting to again be one-upped by the other bard, Brad, his llama, and his new magical lute set off on a quest to save the princess. But little does he know, possessing this powerful musical instrument will give him more trouble than he realizes."[/i][/indent]
The plot isn't really anything super unique, but the characters will make it more so. I have a strong belief that characters can really make the plot. And the jokes and style we are going to try using will help make it enjoyable as well. Below is old concept art from the webcomic of the main three heroes:

[center][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/53k9p1.jpg[/img][/center]

As you can see, Brad doesn't look too bright, Luke the Lute looks like a jerk, and the llama... has backwards back legs. That was merely an error I didn't catch when drawing him for that concept art. I assure you the llama will be properly intact. Anyway, as we make episodes (the goal is at least one a week), I will post them here in this thread for anyone to watch that's interested. I'll also put information and fun other stuff in here. If you have any questions, feedback, suggestions, or just general comments, please feel free to speak. I can't wait to get this ball rollin'!

[u][size="3"]GENERAL INFORMATION[/size][/u]
[b]Premieres:[/b] Friday January 28th, 2011 around 9:00pm EST
[b]Schedule:[/b] A new episode every week Friday (or any day we see fit!)
[b]Directed By:[/b] Gavin Kendrick Brown
[b]Written By:[/b] Gavin Kendrick Brown and Brad Watson
[b]Edited By:[/b] Gavin Kendrick Brown
[b]Original Score By:[/b] Gavin Kendrick Brown

[u]CAST[/u]
Brad The Bard - [i]Brad Watson[/i]
Princess Kate - [i]Katelynd Maes begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting[/i]
Luke The Lute - [i]Gavin Kendrick Brown[/i]
Wade The Dragon - [i]Brad Watson[/i]
Archer - [i]Gavin Kendrick Brown[/i]
Narrator - [i]Gavin Kendrick Brown[/i]

[center][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/cialt.jpg[/img][/center] Edited by Dragon Warrior

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][quote name='Boo' timestamp='1296313541' post='704507']
I'm totally looking forward to January 28th so I can finally see this. :D
[/quote]
Yeah, wtf DW! It's been a [i]WHOLE DAY[/i]. WHERES MY BARD DAMNIT. :whatever:

Seriously, though. I want to see this.[/font][/color]

Sorry for the delay, folks. It is finally here! The first episode of Brad the Bard! Enjoy :] Feedback would be greatly appreciated. This took much time and work.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlZseZvtno8[/media]
[b]Episode 1: This Show's Better When You're Drunk[/b]
Brad The Bard is a simple-minded minstrel who only longs to win the heart of the fair princess, Kate. But when he is shown up by a more promising suitor, he decides he must take action if he wants to get the girl. And so begins his epic quest![/center] Edited by Dragon Warrior

My favourite part was how he knocked on the castle's door. :V And the "it's brad... ,_," Oh and "Sam!" *spit" "YAY! Alright!" Sam is the bomb. And I totally hate it when fat people are like that "Hey I'm talking *breathe* to *wheeze* you! *gasp*" and then eat something after which they're even more out of breath.

In conclusion. It's cool.

• 3 weeks later...
Nah, man, that's just it. The computer problems are preventing episodes. Not only did we lose all the files from the first episode, but I no longer possess a system that can handle animating such big episodes. Consider episode one a nice sneak preview for what's to come when I get a new, better harddrive. Hopefully this'll be soon.