OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Gym Leader Tournament

Kei

[quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1308770132' post='708081']
I can't wait to find see the outcome your match.
[/quote]

What's so special about the how my match turned out?

Oh, I guess that was a dumb question... CaNz and I were both undefeated. Edited by Lawliet

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1308772382' post='708085']
What's so special about the how my match turned out?
[/quote]

I want to know who's streak has ended.

Edit - ha already beat me to the answer. :P Edited by Morbo

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1308772313' post='708084']
Did you get your match with kei sorted out white? Or has it now been officially set in stone that it was a no show DQ?
[/quote]
[s]I don't know, I was under the impression that our battle the other day was official in order to remedy the default loss/win but Kei hasn't really said anything in thread or replied to my PM so I really have no idea, it could go either way.

If it [i]is[/i] an official DQ then... that sucks and I'll be upset because I really wanted to fight, I was just confused about her laptop/WiFi situation (not realizing her laptop didn't effect her WiFi) and missed her initial PM with the battle time due to being away. [/s]

But regardless, we did have the battle. 'Twas fun. ^^[/font][/color] Edited by White

[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"][quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1309097380' post='708136']
*Grumble*

I don't know if this match is going to be fair!
[/quote]
That's what I thought when I was about to fight Kei (Electric VS Flying) but it actually ended up being a really close match. The sub types make all the difference.[/color][/font]

Lies! You can get STAB thunderbolts that are super effective on 3 of my dudes... so it's essentially 3v6. Also you are using a legendary!!!

I think I'm going to switch out some of my guys out for some Lanturn, that will show you.

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1309121243' post='708138']
Lies! You can get STAB thunderbolts that are super effective on 3 of my dudes... so it's essentially 3v6. Also you are using a legendary!!!
[/quote]

I had to ask Kei this morning what STAB was. Also, I'm sure you have a few good electric killer moves up your sleeve...

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Well I'm not saying the fight will be on even ground. O__O;; What I mean to say is I don't think it will be as much of a sweep that you're imagining it to be.

I knew STAB existed but I didn't know that's what it was called. I also didn't realize how much it actually adds (x1.5). :o[/font][/color]

Don't go in there overconfident at all white! he is trying to trick you too! d:

Anyways, I want to tell everyone I PMed Mr. Noshow, and my schedual is pretty open this week... It would be awesome if he DID show up because I really wanna pulverize some pokemon.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1309161889' post='708154']
Anyways, I want to tell everyone I PMed Mr. Noshow, and my schedual is pretty open this week... It would be awesome if he DID show up because I really wanna pulverize some pokemon.
[/quote][color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
Heh, I just finished my [color="#9932CC"]Poison[/color] team as a possible entry for the next tournament. They're all 60 if you wanna battle me after my match tomorrow for fun. ^^[/font][/color]

That would be a ton of fun! the more pokemon battles the better.
The end of this tournament might feel a bit anticlimactic... but everything else about this tournament rocks. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1309161889' post='708154']
Don't go in there overconfident at all white! he is trying to trick you too! d:
[/quote]

I'm no trickster! I'm just sad that my undefeated streak might not endure such a one sided battle. We are suppose to battle today at 4 EST so I guess I will know soon enough if my battle plan will be effective or not.

I totally have a for real competetive team put together if anyone wants to battle that way. I had such a hard time choosing only six pokemon for this tournament that (if this happens again in a few months) I will be using water type again but with a different team.

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1309197454' post='708167']
I'm just sad that my undefeated streak might not endure such a one sided battle.
[/quote]

You didn't hear me saying that against my ice opponent
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7466/smugu.png[/img]

(ultimate smugness) :P Edited by Morbo

[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"][quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1309200595' post='708168']
You didn't hear me saying that against my ice opponent
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7466/smugu.png[/img]

(ultimate smugness) :P
[/quote]
V_____________V

The one guy that could easily take you down and HE's the one that's MIA.

[img]http://www.ponychan.net/chan/meta/src/130723350233.jpg[/img][/color][/font]

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1309197454' post='708167']
I'm no trickster! I'm just sad that my undefeated streak might not endure such a one sided battle. We are suppose to battle today at 4 EST so I guess I will know soon enough if my battle plan will be effective or not.
[/quote]

Some battle plan that was...

I know it seemed a bit harsh, but i think some of you got unlucky with your type choices while white got lucky. 2 of you in this tournament are weak against his type. However if there was a ground, fire or rock type in the tournament, they would have been trashed by you. Or Grass, bug or fighting in Kei's case.

I'm just saying it sucks we didn't have an entry for every type to even things like your match out.

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]HAHAHA, yeah not happening. =p

Anyway, hopefully more people will sign up for the next one. We had more people sign up, but since they had to drop out for various reasons... Yeah.

So drum up excitement about the next tournament and we'll see.
[/color][/font]

DRUM DRUM DRUM.

It would be really cool if we could get all types for that one... but I know that is pretty unlikely.... It would just be an improvement if everyone who signed up actually competed (Shakes fist at 'Ol Fighter)

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1309216651' post='708176']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Anyway, hopefully more people will sign up for the next one. We had more people sign up, but since they had to drop out for various reasons... Yeah.
[/color][/font][/quote]

Yeah it's entirely 'someones' fault...*glares at GOME*